Last meal?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by skipshady, Mar 2, 2003.

1. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    So you're on death row, what would you pick for your last meal before execution?

I suppose it differs from state to state, but I believe most places set a cap on price ($20-$25) and the food must be available locally. And I assume they won't allow knives.

I'd say sushi, but I probably wouldn't be happy with $20 worth, in quality or quantity. And I doubt there's good Indian or Thai in areas with max security prisons.
    I'm going to go with pulled pork, so if I have to commit a capital crime, I would have to do it in the South.

2. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    Mince and dumpling's, mashed potatoe and baked beans has always been a favourite meal of mine, suppose i could always have that as me last meal doesn't cost much so the rest can go on a bottle of vodka so i can go out the way i always planned, drunk.

3. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    a nice filet mignon, medium rare.

some garlic mashed potatoes.

steamed veggies.

snicker's cheesecake from 'the cheesecake factory'

4. Owen Gohl

Owen Gohl Member

Jun 21, 2000
  5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    just from looking that over, dr pepper is one that appears on many lists...

and this guys must have been one fat-ass

Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb

6. mr magoo

mr magoo New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    South Shields
    By the look of this, you must get real hungry when your waiting to die.

7. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its not like you have to worry about leaving leftovers..... might as well ask for more than you need!

8. Bonnie Lass

Bonnie Lass Moderator
    Staff Member

Lyon
    Norway
    Oct 20, 2000
    Up top
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    I'm surprised by the amount of fries and fried chicken.

9. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    the funny one, some guy just wanted a bag of assorted jolly ranchers :D

did you know that bubble gum is banned by the department of corrections?

10. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Well, if you're on death row, you would probably let yourself go. It's not like you're trying to impress anyone with your good looks.
    What's the reason? Is it beacuse of the popping sound?

If I wanted to be a jerk about it, I guess I could eat something that would give me really bad diarrhea and make cleaning up after my execution not-so-fun. But that wouldn't be very nice of me.

11. Ceebs

Ceebs New Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Kung pao chicken, homemade white chocolate cheesecake, a stack of double stuf oreos, and kiwi strawberry Snapple to wash it down with.

There is no cellulite in the afterlife.

12. Northside Rovers

Jan 28, 2000
    Austin TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kind of sad. One guy: Justice, Equality, World Peace

Me - I would take beef fajitas with all the sides - heavy on the pico and jalapenos

13. ToddP25

ToddP25 Member

Apr 19, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    I thought it was sad too...until I read what he did.....F-him....

Me.....I would spend the majority of my time on death row thinking about exactly what would make the 'perfect' last meal...I mean, its your LAST meal...

decisions, decisions....I guess I will just avoid capital offenses...

14. miasman1

miasman1 New Member

Some Kobe beef, veal scaloppini, tiramisu, Cheesecake Factory white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, and some Coldstone ice cream.

15. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Chili, Lots and lots of Chili. I'm not going out without makin' some noise......

16. mackem_ftm

mackem_ftm New Member

Jun 8, 2002
    York
    Yeah! 'I'll have a large bottle of laxatives please'.

I'd probably go for the biggest ham and mushroom pizza possible. With lots of fizzy pop, as I wouldn't have to worry about dental hygeine any more.

17. slipknotter

slipknotter New Member

May 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Appearently, you have a cap of $25 on your last meal, so the guy who wanted the steak with all the fixin's and yourself would have to settle for something else. As for me, I don't think I could stomach a last meal.

18. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I think giving yourself a lot of gas would really ease the tension at the execution.

"Extra beans on that chili, and a sweet potato pie please!"

19. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Damn, could someone light a match please?

BOOOOOOOM

;)

20. dearprudence

dearprudence Member

Nov 1, 2000
    Chi-town
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have it in hand, but Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist Brian O'Neill once wrote a wonderful article about the Final Meal Request Options in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If more people knew about this, there would be less capital offenses!

The inmate is given a selection in the form of "one from column A, 2 from column B" etc. The choices are nasty, includes 3 stewed prunes for dessert. Although the choices include "one (1) cheeseburger", I do know that they will allow two cheeseburgers for this special occassion.

BTW, inmates about to be executed are usually in Depends (adult diapers), so the revenge factor isn't as great as you'd think.

21. angus_hooligan

angus_hooligan New Member

May 15, 2001
    Chicago
    Very flamable too. No electric chair for you.