Last Home Game

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by martinmfg, Aug 5, 2002.

1. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    I'm thinking about assembling a large group from Miami for the last home game. What is the typical attendance for the last game of the year, assuming that the weather cooperates? Do you recommend buying tickets in advance?

2. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That would probably be a good idea to get tix in advance. Plus if you have a big enough group you'll get a discount.

3. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    Re: Re: Last Home Game

Thanks for the info. I'll see what kind of group I can assemble and call in. Hopefully it will be around 30-40 or more.

4. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Last Home Game

I happen to know a guy who will sell you tix for ten bucks :)

5. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    I got an E-mail within the past couple days from my account manager with the club, and he says that they expect to be at or near capacity for the final 2 games, so I'd get your tickets in advance.

6. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    How far in advance are we talking here? School doesn't start until the 21st, and it'll take probably at least a week to round up everyone.

7. Elizabeth

Elizabeth New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Columbus, Ohio
    That's a salesman for you. i'd check last years attendance for the second Saturday in September. Keeping in mind that it is tickets sold...not peoople in seats. This means all corporate and season ticket holders count as a butt in a seat. Cut that figure in half. Maybe more.

All kids are playing. high school...club...everyone. Parents are busy doing that running around...don't believe for a second it will be close to a sell out. When is the last time we had a sellout? Have we ever?

Don't worry about it. You can get cheap tiks without reserved and be fine. Just show up early so you all get to be together.

8. Plowmanoo

Plowmanoo New Member

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    But the last game of the year is traditionally a big draw, especially if we're fighting for our playoff lives, as the case may be this year.

9. Flyer Fan

Flyer Fan Member+

Apr 18, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Well, the last regular season home match Columbus had last season was 09/01 with New England and the attendance was 24,033. The final scheduled home match was with Tampa Bay (09/15) and I remember Crew officials saying in the paper that the match was nearing a sell out before its cancellation.

The playoff match with San Jose (09/22) drew 20,883.

10. CrewToon

CrewToon Member

Jun 13, 1999
    Greenbrier Farm
    Get your tickets early, especially because the match is against Zak's favorite club.

11. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here is the link to find individual game sales:
    http://www.mlsnet.com/archive/year-by-year.html#2000
    Just follow the "Game Results & Summaries" link for individual seasons.

Here is a summary of the final home attendance since the inception of CCS.
    2001: 24,033
    2000: 24,347
    1999: 18,979

This means for large groups, get your tickets in advance. For smaller groups (~10) you'll be able to sit together no problem from buying tickets at the door --- just make sure you show up early.

12. martinmfg

martinmfg New Member

Jul 15, 2002
    Miami University, Ohio
    Thanks for the info everyone. It sounds like I'm going to need tickets in advance. Well, guess I'll be rounding up "the crew" during the first week of school. See you all there!:)

13. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Last Home Game

if he can bring 30-40 people, that's like a shitload of people....

14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Maybe for a wednesday game, you can cut that in half or more.

As far as "salesman" go, I called the office asking about a recent game and they said the section i was asking about was quite sparse.

And yeah, our opening game 5/15/99 was a sellout. 24,741. Look at the pictures and see if you can "cut that number in half" or whatever.

15. YITBOS

YITBOS Member+

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if you're SJ, KC, or one of the other 7 teams in this league that cannot get fans to a game for a Wednesday game. But when you draw over 17k for a Wednesday game, you can't cut that number in half.

16. JacksonJazz#9

JacksonJazz#9 Member

Dec 12, 2000
    Grand Ledge, Mich
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    supporters section

how many of those tix do u have available to sell? would we have to worry about "the guy under the trees" running out of tix???

17. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    You have more things to worry about. Like will the guy under the trees make you do the truffle shuffle just to get those tickets.

[​IMG]