Last Game of the Season 09/08

Discussion in 'California Victory' started by Bruiser650, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Well, here we are. The last game of the year is fast approaching and I am excited. I am excited because I know we will go out BIG. We will be even more loud, obnoxious and even more intoxicated than ever before.

If you are going to go to the game, I highly recommend that you:

1. start drinking heavily at the
    2. official 1906 tailgate
    3. bring a drum, whistle, horn, pans, pots, bullhorn, etc to make ALOT of noise
    4. use every foul and disgusting word in the English language, and encourage others to do the same in other languages (Alexi- I expect you to teach us Russian)

Also, I got wind that a few players, coaching staff and front office want to get together with us after the game for a few pints at the Kezar Pub across the street.

Lets finish off this year right and make complete jackasses of ourselves and cheer our boys on to one last win.

1906!!!!!

2. Horror Show

Horror Show Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You mean one more win, right?

3. Californiaspurs

Californiaspurs New Member

Dec 22, 1999
    Santa Clara County
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    And you know Bruiser is gonna do just that. Good on yer.

I'll have a few Prides but the ol' drink driving issue rears its ugly head for us Silicon Val types and although it's never happened to me, I can well live without a DUI.

As for bullhorns, I vote for people to raise their voices instead. Ever seen a match where everyone has horns and it sounds like a stockyard full of constipated bovines? Compare that with those Spurs fans away from home in full voice, or the Liverpool Kop choir on a European night, I know which I prefer.

"Use every foul and disgusting word in the English language." I have to draw the line at people repeatedly calling out Arsenal and Chelsea for 90 minutes. :D

But point taken - I know what you mean. Bruiser's gonna be the man to get the Quakes singing section going when the new Epicenter stadium proudly rises, and no question the 1906ers will be right behind him, the chants cascading back down from the roof and shaking the very stand to its foundations.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

4. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Party like it's 1999, I mean 1906!

Time to celebrate win/lose/draw with a bang! I'll be too partied out by Sunday! :D

5. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco
    So is this the Last Game of The Team? any news at all about what's going on behind the scenes????

I wanna know!

6. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Are you and Daniboy going to the tailgate? Last one of the year. Bring some veggie burgers for yourself. The tailgates are a lot of fun and it may be the last time many of us see each other until next year unless anyone plans on going to see college soccer ...

7. QuakePaola

QuakePaola New Member

Feb 3, 2005
    San Francisco
    I will be there for sure unless I hurt myself playing my match in the morning, D has an evening game, so not sure about him...

speaking of col. soccer, I saw the entire Vermont Soccer team walking down Market, they musta played somebody.

You guys want to see a wild scene, we should all go to one of them world cup preliminary games at El Tapatio--it's completely out of control, it's like a punk show or something, the crowd goes nuts and jumps up and down like a stadium-there's heavy security--hope they haven't shut that place down...

8. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I picked up the new 1906 banner from smurf yesterday and its awesome. Edwin for the record you did one hell of a job. This banner is more about the 1906 supporters than any one club and can be used wherever we support the beautiful game. It will be on display at the tailgate on Saturday before we go into the game. Smurf gets mad props for all the work he put into it, job well done. :D

9. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remind me to get a snapshot so it can be preserved for all history! After all the smoke has cleared, the final whistle is blown, and the tap is run dry at the pub--we pillage San Francisco! :D ;)

10. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    To all who come, just bring the noise. I want to make our 1200 crowd sound like 12,000. Also, under no circumstances (except for maybe halftime) is anyone allowed to sit down. Get up, stay up, sing a song, dance a jig, anything is acceptable.

Oh and drink heavily. I cannot stress that enough.

11. Alexi

Alexi Member

Feb 26, 1999
    San Francisco
    I will start early (at 1pm) on the Ocean Beach with a few friends.
    Not sure if any of them will be able to make it to the game, but I will!

12. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So has the FO stopped paying their bills?

Apparently, those of us in Carolina can't watch this HUGE game for us (must win to make the playoffs) because there is no longer enough internet bandwidth to stream the game live from the stadium. The fact that really irks me is that they've known about the issue for a few days and don't seem interested in fixing it.

http://trisoccerfan.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=879

To say those of us in Carolina are pissed would be an understatement.

13. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    Yeah, about that... Okay, this goes back a few threads, but I'll try to shorten it in a few sentences:

Our owner is an asshole. He purposely stripped the Vics budget to the point where the Front Office are working for free. Hell, we're not even sure why he even wanted the team since all he's done been jack.

So now, we, the supporters are taking matters into our own hands and attempting to save the Vics from US Soccer obscurity and into the limelight where it belongs. Hopefully the sight should be up soon. Might be a couple of days. http://www.savethevictory.org

So there...end of story. Lets not go on our Pieterman rants.

14. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    THIS IS THE VERY REASON THIS THREAD IS SO BORING NOW! YOU ARE ALWAYS TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE WHAT THEY CAN OR CANNOT RANT ABOUT!!!! IT'S NOT YOUR PERSONAL THREAD!

15. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then don't read the thread. Ranting about Piterman is the same as banging your head against the wall its pointless. The guy will officially have nothing to do with the USL after Saturday so to hell with him. The problem with guys like you and your Piterman rants is that its the same shit new day over and over and over, we all get the point the guys a dick that doesn't mean you have to be one to.

16. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    My point exactly....if someone doesn't say or agree with you and a certain few of your friends then you say crap like that!....People should be able to talk in an "OPEN FORUM" about anything they want...even though you have your opinions...so does the rest of the world!

17. sullyofthesunset

San Francisco Glens
    Jun 7, 2006
    San Francisco
    We need a Pieterman pinata for the Tailgate!

18. deedougie

deedougie Member

Jul 5, 2000
    OAK,CA
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like a good use of 1906 Funds. Can anyone buy one in the Mission on the way to the tailgate?? Can pay back at the tailgate

19. Bruiser650

Bruiser650 New Member

Jun 30, 2005
    SanFranciscoBayArea
    4redcards:

You seem to have missed the point of my statement. I, like everyone else, has bitched about Pieterman ALL SEASON LONG. Since the new focus is now supporter ownership of the team, I was requesting that the thread moves toward a more positive and progressive mindset.

Because to be honest, I have spent too many threads bitching about the man and it got me nowhere. In fact, some random threads have become nothing more than all about Pieterman. So, you see, there is a venue for Pieterman bitching.

I believe a majority of us are tired and looking into being productive instead of sounding like a broken record. Especially since it is pretty much accepted that the League wants nothing to do with him either after Saturday.

So if I hurt your feelings and you need a hug because I didn't say please... well, tough. You're a grown up. No one is keeping you away from your First Amendment right to free speech, and no one is keeping me away from mine.

~Bruiser~

20. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Rep that man :D

21. 4redcards

4redcards New Member

May 2, 2007
    southern california
    NO, Mr. Windbag and Mr. Throw Batteries at his head....I don't need a hug, I just need for DP to pay the players what he owes them...I guess he paid you two, or you wouldn't be trying to take focus off of him.

22. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No Jackass what we are saying is simple does this constant and never ending whining about Piterman make any difference to what will happen to the Vics, NO so just STFU about its old and its pointless. At this point in time it makes absolutely no difference so if you want to stand in front of the mirror and whine about him go ahead but most of us are sick of hearing it. The guys is an afterthought at this point just another rich prick with nothing better to do. The season is over after Saturday and then there is no Piterman after that he doesn't exist if its up to him the team folds, so if you don't mind some of us would like to focus on the future and not dwell on dick head. OH and I would still throw batteries at him if I saw him at the game, not hide behind a keyboard whine about him.

23. Hawkeye17

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent idea! It's as great as hanging him in effigy!

24. wjarrettc

wjarrettc Member
    Staff Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Cliffs of Insanity
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Delle Alpi

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah Jarrett that really sucks for you guys, par for the course with these guys though. Don't think you will be missing much based on our last outing but I would be lying if I didn't say I hope we beat you asses and go out with a win :D