Last Day

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Farhaway, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    And what do have on the transfer front?????????????????stuff all--------------------------tell me why it is that championship clubs can spend, spend, spend and attract players and SAFC can't, go on tell me why, bloody frustrating club this mind I tell you:mad::mad::mad:

2. CannuchMackem

CannuchMackem Member

Jun 20, 2015
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, according to the latest financial releases, we owe 70 million pounds to a US bank which is due in 2019. Accrued interest bumps it up to over 100 million. These stem from previous bad investments in player recruitment, contracts and wages. Most clubs are in a much better position than we are, so the TV money coming in can be spent on new players. Over the last little while Ellis Short has been putting his own money in to sign players. I think this is the case today, as we have just brought in Didier Ndong from Lorient for 13.5 million pounds. A 22 year old midfielder from Gabon ( http://www.safc.com/news/team-news/2016/august/top-facts-didier-ndong ). It is also understood that we are about to sign M'Vila.....finally.
    I hope this answers your questions......

KTF my friend :p

3. Farhaway

Farhaway Member

Jun 1, 2015
    Bunbury
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This 100 million is peanuts to be in debt, there are not many clubs in the black, Chelsea for instance is over 200 million in debt, does it affect they way they do business, I don't think so, salary caps, how many teams are sticking to that---------Man City, I don't think so. If an owner wants to make a profit from football look at Mike Ashley, it is only now that he has got it through his thick skull you can't make money signing second rate players-----------------sorry but this debt thing doesn't rub with me, the club was in debt when Short bought it from Quinn and co.

4. Roker_Roar

Roker_Roar New Member

Sep 13, 2016
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Well finally i have got back in although i had to change my name just a touch, you can say our town motto was written just for us
    Nil desperandum Auspice Deo ("When God is on our side there is no cause for despair." or "Do not despair, have faith in God" or "Don’t despair, in God we trust")

Well in Moyes we will have to trust