LARS Section

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by rojagooner, May 1, 2008.

1. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought about posting this in the tickets sticky but I wanted to avoid that veering OT. I'm just curious, does anybody know how many tickets can one obtain in the LARS section for a match? Me and some mates are interested in joining those vocal supporters. During the Chivas match, we were gawking in envy. Thanks. :D

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! :)

4. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As the Galaxy's premiere supporter's group, we welcome ANYONE to buy tickets and join us in the Official Supporters Sections: 138 and 137.

The LA Riot Squad is a bit different because we are the "Anti-Supporter Group" of MLS... we do our thing and not care what anyone else in the league thinks. Some greatest hits...

www.tommymack.com/chivas.mov

www.tommymack.com/larsbob.mov

And the more recent (last Saturday) amazing cheer: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=33139398

Welcome aboard...

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad

PS: MODS, please feel free to move this to SUPPORTER'S GROUPS.

5. riftrider

riftrider New Member

May 5, 2008
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy Gooner! We might just have to get tickets now. I think our brand of rowdiness might just work with the LARS. :D GA were some pretty good seats for Saturdays games, but sitting with the hardcore bunch would be wicked.

6. ManUnitedForever

ManUnitedForever New Member

Nov 9, 2007
    LARS, can you please turn up the volume next game? Those NYRB fans were pretty loud..

7. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

8. reFnCoach

reFnCoach Member

Sep 18, 2003
    SoCal
    The Chivas Girls effort was inspired, LARS always comes up with really great stuff :)

9. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where were the NYRB fans?

10. Tnado

Tnado Member

Apr 6, 2008
    Hollywood
    Since you're talking about LARS. I just want to thank TommyMac for welcoming me and my friends at the Redbulls game.

As I usually do, I brought a couple friends who had never been to a soccer game before. The atmosphere this season has been so good that I've felt like it's a great time to introduce non-soccer people to the Galaxy. They're always surprised how much more exciting it is than other pro sports they've seen live.

Last week one of my friends was in a wheel chair. He's been in one his whole life, but loves to watch sports and was excited when I invited him to the game.

I was a bit nervous about getting him around the stadium and hounded my season ticket rep all week for help. By the way, my rep was hugely helpful, even giving me his cell phone number in case we had problems.

Shortly after we wheeled my friend onto the grass in the parking lot where the Riot Squad meets, TommyMac came bounding in, introducing himself and making a specific effort to spend time with my friend, making him feel welcome and part of the group. Tommy stepped aside with me and offered to help in any way we needed, whether it was finding a place for him to watch or getting him an elevator.

Once inside, we set up in the handicap section above section 136. And although my friend couldn't get down into the Riot Squad section, he kept pointing out TommyMac in the crowd, leading the cheers.

The game and the atmosphere was so exciting that at one point in the final ten minutes, this man who has never been able to walksaid, "This is so awesome, I wish I could stand." Holy crap. That transcends sports. That's what a great game and great fans are all about.

So, thanks TommyMac and LARS. Pure class.

11. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    weren't they in the opposing corner? if you were closer to them, they're going to sound louder.

12. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw no NYRB fans in the North End, and more importantly heard nothing of/from them.

13. cleschke

cleschke Member+

Aug 16, 2004
    Fullerton, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There was a huge (for traveling supporters) section of them in the Southwestern corner of the stadium near where I was sitting in section 102. They were relatively loud, but then again LARS can be loud too. I don't know what the complaint is. I havent the pleasure of standing with LARS yet but I kind of feel if people are going to complain about them not being loud enough, maybe said people should go and stand with them to assist in making them louder and more noticeable, you know?

Why complain when you can do something about it?

14. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Indeed sir.

Thats weird though, I thought traveling supporters were usually in the North West corner. I wish we would have had them next to us.

15. Goona. Goona. Goona!

Mar 9, 2008
    Simi Valley
    Your post was so incredibly heartwarming to read. This made me smile and I REALLY needed that tonight.

16. ManUnitedForever

Nov 9, 2007
    I was in 136 but those pricks were loud near endline/corners of sw goal; could hear them that far away.

17. rojagooner

rojagooner New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is F&#$#(@ awesome and touching.

18. LosAngeles

LosAngeles Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who would've known that all these Gooners fans have hearts. Good form.

19. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you, Tnado, for an amazing story. I would like to say that most of the people in LARS would do the exact same thing I did... I just happen to be taller and blonder and therefore slightly more noticeable.

Second, you and your friends are now a part of the Riot Squad. You are a part of the family. That's how it works...

Oh, and I have something for your friend when I see him at the next game.

Tommy Mack
    LA Riot Squad
    www.lariotsquad.org

20. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    Nice read. Put a smile on my face.

Kudos LARS and TommyMack.

21. ManUnitedForever

Nov 9, 2007
    Nothing is more exciting than hearing LARS sing in unison. I absolutely dig it.

22. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh dear god, please tell me that there are more exciting things than hearing a bunch of us sing in unison. I can think of many more exciting things and they involve female Swedish airline attendants...

Tommy Mack

PS: That probably just got me in trouble with my girlfriend.

23. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Great read, tales like this make this cynical old #astard think theres still some hope for the world.

24. TommyMack

TommyMack Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Harry, I met you a while back when you graced us with your presence from across the pond. I'm telling you, and I think you already get it, MLS is truly a different type of league.

Tell your fellow countrymen that over here, it's about family, friends, and the love of the game.

Oh yeah, and copious amounts of booze. Now I think about it, that's pretty common worldwide...

Tommy Mack
    LARS

25. harry callahan

Jul 15, 2007
    Angel City Brigade
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is a different type of league and I find it fascinating, its more for soccer purists and tacticians. The Beckham hullaballo has died down overhere but everyone knows what the MLS is now, what they dont know are the intricacies and regulations to maintain parity which i approve of being a long suffering Boro fan.
    My story of the tailgating and matchday experience at the HDC left my mates 'WELL IMPRESSED' but at $1500 a pop even my enthusiasm for the galaxy cannot divert their travel plans from Rio and Thailand.

The quakes game was the first time in 25 years i have lost my voice at a match 'MENTAL' and i am hooked, i will be in GA for the wizards game. I watch loads of MLS games on the net and dispite the putdowns of rival supporters, the atmosphere is coming along nicely at the HDC, approaching the upper quartile for MLS games in my honest opinion. The most improved atmosphere is at Columbus although from a low base, the early season toronto invasion invigorated their supporters groups and now they have their #shit together and give it 'rock all' at their home games. I am just prattling on giving you my honest views from outside the box because i know what LARS and the ACB are trying to achieve. We just need more regular wins to facilitate the plan for world domination.

Harry Callahan
    El Presidento ACB England Branch (self appointed)