Largest sponsorship in Red bull history signed

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by tigersoccer2005, Mar 18, 2015.

1. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1 tigersoccer2005, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    This story is curious because when Red Bull took over the team they weren't interested in any other sponsors or any branding other than Red Bull. But now all of a sudden they sign a huge sponsorship agreement with Yanmar. Yanmar will be on the training jerseys, in the announcements around the stadium in a place of prominence, it may even be on the sleeves of the playing kit. Is this just pure business opportunity or was the franchise actually in the red and needed a fresh infusion of cash from an outside source? We do know that Austria has wanted to run the team on the cheap--perhaps there are money problems the fan base doesn't know about? We also know the team has had a very rough time selling out the stadium on a consistent basis, and of course the rumors that refuse to go away that Red Bull was looking for a way out of MLS..

http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/report_new_york_red_bulls_sign_club_record_deal

2. kokoplus10

kokoplus10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is having 2 sponsors on your jersey a typical thing? I can't think of any clubs who do this. Then again, it's hard for me to think of clubs that are run more incompetently than this one.

Someone should tell Austria that we play soccer. We don't race cars.

3. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3 tigersoccer2005, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
    Well the 2 big Bulls would still be front and center on the main gameday jersey. The Yanmar signage/logo would be on the sleeves of the gameday shirt. You're right in Euro leagues this is not so common, but Liga MX traditionally has had multiple sponsors on team kits. Of course when company ads started showing up even in team socks, I started to think that the idea had been carried too far...:unsure:

4. Woodrow

Woodrow Member+

Dec 7, 2001
    Brick City
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Bicyclists and race cars are practically littered with sponsor logos.

5. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't consider the bulls on the jersey to be a paid sponser. It's the company logo.

Now I'd be for getting rid of those atrocious bulls and getting good money for a proper shirt sponser. But that would never happen.

kokoplus10 repped this.