Lansbury on fire!

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by lesliemoss, Sep 1, 2011.

1. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    I just switched on the Under-21 game, and in 2 minutes, Lansbury takes a corner and England score from it!
    At the 20th minute, a cross from the right, and Lansbury scores a great goal!
    This kid looks terrific; he's strong and fast, and more to the point, he can shoot.
    A great move by Allardyce, it seems.

2. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    So he's an attacking midfielder. Looks to be a very good passer. Works hard.

As i am typing he scores again.

3. harkes6

harkes6 Member

Apr 24, 2007
    san francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    like a cat on fire. saw the highlights, first goal was very, very good.

4. TomHammers93

TomHammers93 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Scored once and played well again for the under 21s against Isreal. Let's hope he carries on the form. :)

5. Bangingfeet

Bangingfeet Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    On fire? Great ! Another injury. :(

6. lesliemoss

lesliemoss New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Malibu, California
    I hope Big Sam gives this kid playing time; he's strong enough to play at this this level, and clearly knows how to score. I think he's much better than Freddie Sears.

7. TomHammers93

TomHammers93 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah he looks a great future player, although he'll be at Arsenal after this season but good for England. He also has experience at Championship level with Norwich which could really help us.

To be fair to Sears, he is a wide player with Lansbury a central midfielder where the ball is most of the time. Lansbury is a better all round player though. Sears was a poor central striker that just didn't score but he does well out wide on his day. He had a really good spell last season getting the better of Ashley Cole most of the time when we played Chelsea. As long as he carries on playing games i think he'll get better. He had quite a good pre season scoring twice. Hopefully he'll get better and play more, himself being a Hammers fan and from the academy.

8. WestHamUtdFC

WestHamUtdFC Member

Aug 15, 2007
    St. Louis
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Arsenal just extended his contract, looks like theres no chance of keeping him

9. TomHammers93

TomHammers93 Member

Aug 2, 2011
    England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well we were never going to keep him after this season. He is a really good prospect for the future so Arsenal would be mad to let him go unfortunatly. He wants to go back to Arsenal next season (unless they don't want him, which they will) so hopefully that'll give him motivation to play well and impress. And we'll benefit from it. :)