LandyCakes returns the Smack Talk

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by dmike, Sep 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmike

dmike Member

Jul 7, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ahhhhh yes go LandyCakes letting them know whats up. I will try to translate the best I can.

http://www.laopinion.com/deportes/futbol/?rkey=00050901200901446223

"Outside of Mexico, any other stadium, any other city, we will always beat Mexico because we are better , because we are the best team."

" They envy us, the mexican players, because we have a life and they have nothing. That is why they despise us, which is why they treat us with no respect ."

Dunno what he meant by that but ohwell

"We will win, without a doubt"

good stuff Landon

2. Asprilla9

Asprilla9 Member

Dec 15, 2000
    Beaverton, OR
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i believe every word you just typed.

3. Bruce S

Bruce S Member+

Sep 10, 1999
    whoa-I think it says alot more than that.Can someone provide a more complete translation because I think it gets into insults of Landon's mother if Babelfish is correct?

4. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LandyCakes..my Landon:) ..
    I believe in him...I know he is right...you will beat Mexico...
    I rely on Landon

bltleo
    Germany

5. fidlerre

fidlerre Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 10, 2000
    Central Ohio
    It's been reported a million times.

A Mexican player threatened to kill his mother during a game once.

6. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, but there was something else added to it that I hadn't heard; something about the goalie saying something about LD's mom in a magazine article.

Sure hope we get somebody to translate this.

But yeah, Landon really hates Mexico.

7. bltleo

bltleo Member+

Jan 5, 2003
    GERMANY
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    He do great job for american soccer and with him you can
    beat Mexico. Landon is the best.

8. Aquarius21

Aquarius21 New Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good translation. That essentially what babel fish said. and i'm looking forward to the US winning tomorrow

9. Nutmeg

Nutmeg Member+

Aug 24, 1999
    "I don't like their way of speaking, their mannerisms, I don't like them, they don't treat us with respect," he said.

(About pissing on the Jalisco field) "I have no regrets, and I am not sorry. You gotta do what you gotta do, and in that moment that's what I did," explained Landon.

"I don't like how they treat us, how they conduct themselves with us. They intend to humiliate us, and want to do so at whatever cost. But the people who will be doing the humiliating is us, and in the most painful way of being humiliated, inside the field, winning the game and beating them," assured Landon, who undoubtedly speaks impeccable Spanish.
    "They want to make us feel miserable, and we'll make them miserable by beating them in this game," he added.

"They could beat us time after time, but they will never be able to get out of their minds and hearts the beating we gave them in the 2002 World Cup. That, never." said Donovan.

"We want to qualify for the World Cup, which is the most important thing, but if you were to ask me right now what I would value most, what do we most want, what we would enjoy more: beating Mexico or winning the right to go to the World Cup, I'll tell you. Beating Mexico," he affirmed.

"Who is going to win this game?" The best team, and we know good and well who is the best team between the US and Mexico. We know it well."

"Outside of Mexico, in any other stadium, in any other city, in any other country, we are always going to beat Mexico, because we're the better team."

"They are jealous of us, the Mexican players, because we've got a life and they have nothing. Because of that they despise us. Because of that they want to show us no respect."

Donovan has bitter memories.

In the 2002 World Cup, Luiz Hernandez told him: "I am going to find your mother and kill her" Donovan confirmed that "El Crapador" told him as he shoved him.

Furthermore, he was pissed when he read Oswaldo Sanchez's declaration in a soccer magazine in which the Mexican goalkeeper, according to the publication, text messages the mother of the US player. "I can't respect a person who expresses himself that way."

"We are going to win, there's no doubt," warns Donovan.

10. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He can talk the talk. Now it's time to walk . . .

11. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Mexican Press is really pulling out all the stops to try and fire up the fans and the team...even if making up quotes and stories is what it takes.

12. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I love this! I'm with you Landon, I freakin' Hate Mexico!

13. joto 3

joto 3 New Member

Feb 24, 2005
    evansville, IN
  14. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    GO ON, SON!

15. swedust

swedust Member+

Aug 30, 2004
    As long as it makes him happy.

Go U-S-freakin'-A

(BTW, I liked what Kasey said on the usssoccer.com all access bit about how Mexico has been at the top for generations. It was a very clever way of seeming sportsmanlike but giving them the backhand that their time has past.)

16. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh i can't ********ing wait.

17. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Umm.....he already has....its not like they've never beaten Mexico before.

18. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's how you ratchet up a rivalry

Now time for Landon to BRING IT!

19. sregis

sregis Member

Nov 5, 1999
    Hoboken, USA
    " They envy us, the mexican players, because we have a life and they have nothing. That is why they despise us, which is why they treat us with no respect ."

wtf? is there one mnt player who's not living a very good life?

20. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I'm thinking perhaps there's a misquote going on in there...it is Spanish media, after all. And frankly, I'm surprised he even granted them an interview. As I recall, at the Cotton Bowl game, he refused to interview with the Spanish media because of his treatment in Mexico.

So perhaps they're doing a little "doctoring."

21. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    I'm ready to get in my car right now and start the drive from Chicago.

22. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The US players need to keep quiet and do their talking on the field. We're going to win, but the last thing we need are injured or suspended players.

23. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    f*** it, get in their heads, we know they're prone to meltdown

24. Beadling Boy

Beadling Boy Member

Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here you go:

THEY ARE MISERABLE: LANDON DONOVAN

The US star does not hide his dislike of Mexican soccer players and pegs them as arrogant and states that ‘they want to humiliate us’

Rafael Ramos Villagrana
    rafael.ramos@laopinion.com
    02 Sepember 2005-09-02

Yesterday, Landon Donovan gave two versions. One was comfortable, gentle and diplomatic to the Mexican press regarding the “Guerra Fria” which, in reality burns, between Mexico and the United States.

Later, he’d give another, very distinct, version for the American media.

Donovan is to the point: “I don’t like the way they talk and I don’t like their mannerisms. I don’t like them. They don’t treat us with respect.”

He remembers that much of the hoopla exploded, during a Concacaf Olympic qualifier, playing in Guadalajara, after Donovan uninated on the Jalisco stadium pitch during warm ups.

“I don’t have any remorse nor am I sorry. You have to do what you have to do and, in that moment, I did it.”, explains Landon.

The leader of the United States national team makes these declarations at the hotel where they are currently staying.

Passionate, center forward, Donovan insists on continuing this war with the Mexican soccer player.

“I don’t like how they treat us and I don’t like how they come at us – They do it to humiliate us. However, the ones that are going to do the humiliating are ourselves and in a manner in which it most hurts to be humiliated – inside the field of play, beating them, defeating them”, assures Landon who speaks with an impeccable Spanish.

“They want to make us feel miserable and we are going to make them miserable beating them in tomorrow’s game”, he added.

And Donovan knows the wound in the Mexican players that continues oozing. The only way to make it better, to cleanse it, is that the Tri take revenge in a World Cup and in a quarterfinal game as occurred in Korea/Japan 2002.

“They can beat us here or there, but they will never be able to get it out of their heads, out of their hearts, that defeat that we imposed on them in the 2002 World Cup – never.”, said Donovan.

The Los Angeles Galaxy forward and ex Bayer Leverkusen player, considered the best American player currently, assures that he prefers to beat Mexico tomorrow than qualify for the World Cup in Germany next year.

Landon explains: “We want to qualify for the World Cup – In the big picture, that is the most important thing. However, if in this moment you were to ask me, what is more valuable, what do we want more, what are we going to enjoy more, beating Mexico or gaining a qualification to the World Cup, I would tell you: Beating Mexico.”, he affirms.

Landon does not hide anything and he also takes the conflict to the pitch.

“Who is going to win this game? The best . . . And we know who is the best team between the United States and Mexico. We know it quite well.”, he states.

And he adds, “Outside of Mexico, in any other stadium, in any other city, in any other country, we are always going to beat Mexico because we are better, because we are the best team.”

And Landon makes this point: “The Mexican players envy us because we have a life and because they don’t have anything. That’s why they despise us. That’s why they want to treat us without respect.”, he added.

Donovan has bitter memories.

In the 2002 World Cup, he affirms that Luis Hernandez told him, while pushing him, “I’m going to find your mom and I’m going to kill her.”

Further, he became angry when he read an Oswaldo Sanchez quote in a soccer magazine in which the Mexican goalkeeper, according to the publication, disses his mother. “I can’t have respect for any person who speaks like that.”

“We are going to win – Without a doubt.”, warns Donovan.

25. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So why isn't any of this stuff in the American media? I don't know, something tells me some of this stuff is getting made up.