Landon of Donovan Rental

Discussion in 'Everton' started by redcomet, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Footy Magoo

Footy Magoo Audaces fortuna iuvat

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I've already explained why there is no reason to have a debate with you.

2. HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee Red Card

Dec 27, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    No you give an invalid reason as to why you cant debate. Throwing a name at someone in the vain hope i give up on my informed opinion isnt a debate. If you had said Friedal you might have caught my interest but Dempsey isnt a star and never will be, someone threw a name in who i had never heard of but on inspection apparently he plays for the mighty Bolton and isnt actually American anyway, he was born and raised till the age of 10 in Scotland.
    America's great hope for a number of years was actually an African born player and never made it anyway.
    You see Magoo these are informed opinions and not just throwing a few names about

3. redcomet

redcomet Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    Just ignore the guy. He doesn't understand citizenship laws and seems to think living in one country until one is ten years old negates anywhere else you grew up... He is an American citizen. Still waiting for these so called South Americans to be revealed that clearly don't exist.

He is clearly delusional if he thinks Andy Johnson is still good. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Whatever I'll get back to enjoying watching the club play.

4. HalewoodToffee

HalewoodToffee Red Card

Dec 27, 2011
    Club:
    Everton FC
    You might want to check the latest DYP rule changes sunshine

5. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    +1 on that...I'm headed back up the mountain to ski a bit more....

6. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    You're right. I could never match your insightful analysis and evaluations. Your comprehensive unbiased knowledge is unequaled.
    [​IMG]

7. spider_kin

spider_kin Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 8, 1999
    Iowa
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Halewood, formerly stickytoffee has been red carded as his original account is still banned. His speciality was in riling people up into pointless arguements with no real point at all, and insulting The us (and me) disgustingly.

Please carry on civilly and within forum rules. Thank you!!!

COYB!

8. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I miss him already......sniff......

Thanks mod.

COYB!

9. ArsenalTexan3

ArsenalTexan3 Member

Arsenal
    Sep 24, 2002
    Jakarta
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Not here to troll, but Holden is actually Scottish and his family moved State side when he was young. However that is a topic for another discussion.

With that being said, MLS can be a pain in the ass when it comes to transfer fees(see Kenny Cooper), but who knows if Donovan can get Gaber and Co to lower the transfer fee. If he moves, I imagine it would be in the summer.

10. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    I see StickyToffee was back. :rolleyes:

There is a reason he has been banned from every Everton forum going.

Anyway, Landon is well and truely back now :D

11. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, eyes were rolling.....

MLS transfer practices are truly problematic, but hopefully improving. Originally, all MLS contracts and clubs were owned by 1 entity, then it's started to diversity as far as the ownerhip goes, but the contacts themselves are still held by MLS, so to do a transfer, the player, the club and the league all have to be in agreement....truly a pain.

That said, I would be very happy to see a successful loan spell with an actual transfer following...I think it'd be good for the Blues and terrific for Donovan. He needs the challenge of playing that level every day, every week, every opponent. I think he would respond very well, and even surprise he-who-is-once-again-red-carded....

12. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    I don't know what Donovan's MLS contract says, but if he doesn't leave in the summer transfer window, he's probably doomed to stay in MLS forever. He will be 30 in March and not getting any younger. And if he wants to leave this summer, there is no way Kenwright is going to spend the money it would take. I guess we should just be happy he will be available for a couple months now.

13. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    He did an interview on radio here in England today (I posted it on the LD Yanks Abroad thread) and got asked about the future. He said when his contract is up before the WC in 2014 he is free to do what he wants and he welcomes the idea of moving to Europe if the right opportunity arose and obviously Everton would be the perfect fit..

14. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He signed a four year deal in 2009, so two more years to run. Now, what the transfer provisions are within that contract, I have no idea. I would assume (yes, I know the risk of assuming) that MLS would be due a very pretty penny for letting go of him.

Whether Everton would even consider that depends on how he shows over the next two months.
    - If he's Man of the Match for 8 games in a row, with 11 goals and 14 assists, my guess is they'd find the money somehow and every mother in Liverpool will be wanting him to date their virgin daughters
    - More likely in my view is that he plays well, scores some goals, but the price MLS wants is just too high to make it happen. And that's too bad, because I think he could be terrific FOR Everton and terrific AT Everton.

15. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    He'll be 32 ... pretty much the same age as Cahill and Saha. Maybe he could get a 2 year contract at that age, but his best years are probably the next 2.

16. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Does anyone know if Fox Soccer or ESPN might be showing the game on Wednesday here in the USA?

17. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    On FSC+ apparently.

18. FC Dizzle

FC Dizzle Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yep looks like you're right. I just checked my guide and it says FSC+. Thanks!

19. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't have FSC+, so will probably search for a feed somewhere on the wild wild web....

20. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    if you facebook MrPerfectNot usually there will be someone who posts working streams in the comments at the beginning of the match.

You have to "like" the Everton FC page tho.

21. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, that's exactly what I do -usually end up with a signal that's routed clear around the world with commentary in 4 different languages - but hey, it's live, and it's the Blues, so I'm a happy camper.

(Actually, for the Everton/WBA match, there were several different streams to choose from, so it worked out quite nicely.)

22. TX Bill

TX Bill Member+

Apr 3, 2006
    Sugar Land TX
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although not as much as they might not have had to come up with two years ago as he's aged two years. Also, if Landon told MLS that he wanted to move and to make it happen, I think they'd have to accommodate their biggest star. The transfer fee wouldn't be too bad.

Yep. Leighton Baines.

Charlie pre-wreck, absolutely. Now? No way.

Awwww...I missed Halewood Blue being back on here. Gotta remember that he's got one of those obstructed views at Goodison so he doesn't quite see everything that everyone else does.

He has been banned from every Everton forum. Why? One because he's a prick and two, because he's usually wrong with his opinions. I laughed when he said something about "facts" earlier in the thread because facts to him are a nuisance.

Correct. Set your DVR's.

Haven't been around much but good to see people still keeping this place rolling.

23. Footy Magoo

Mar 23, 2009
    ♫ Flugelville
    Best place I have found is Livescorehunter. Sometime they tell you which streams are in English.

24. MrPerfectNot

MrPerfectNot Member+

Jul 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the tip - I'll check it out tomorrow....

25. redcomet

redcomet Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Club:
    DC United
    I use Wiziwig to find streams. If that doesn't work I use rojadirecta.