Landon Donovan

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by mathiaslg, Sep 8, 2004.

1. mathiaslg

mathiaslg New Member

Mar 13, 2004
    As an infrequent (to say the least) poster, yet a frequent reader of this site, I have been curious as to what people think Landon should do following his final year in MLS.

I know this could potentially be placed in the MLS Forum, but I think its effects will more profoundly be felt on the National Team.

Having matched him both domestically and internationally, it seems pretty clear--at least to me--that he is the best player in the U.S. at present. Nonetheless, what is your opinion on a potential move to Europe.

I have often argued elsewhere that American players need to play in Europe to truly fulfill their potential. Landon, IMO, is no different. While the MLS is certainly improving, it is still not at the level of the top European leagues.

As such, do you lot deem it wise for Bruce and co... to push Landon towards again playing in Europe? And, do you think such a move would further strengthen the US National team? (Particularly given LD's capability as being a truly great AM.)