Landon Donovan vs Kieron Dyer

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by The Potter, Oct 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Potter

The Potter Member+

Aug 26, 2004
    England
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who do you think is better I feel Dyer has more pace but Donovan is less of a wanker(not a huge achievmemt).

Bocanegro and Upson is also a poser.

2. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Weird, I'd say it's the exact opposite for Donovan vs most players.

3. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Funny you ask this question. Sunderland fans sing a song called Dirty Black and White Bastards about archrival Newcastle. Each verse insults a hated Newcastle player. The verse about Dyer --- Kieron Dyer shags his mother, and his sister and his brother,all the Dyer's shag each other, dirty black and white bastards (last line part is the same for everyone and refers to Newcastle strip). When I heard this song a few years ago, my first thought was that this should be adapted by LA fans to sing about Landon to somehow insult his relationship with his twin sister.

I always thought Dyer seemed overrated. He's fast and very good on the ball, but I never saw great finishing or leadership skills.

4. DCFAN96

DCFAN96 Member

Apr 24, 2004
    I really think Donovan just about beats out Dyer in every facet of the game, there is nothing that Dyer can do on the field that Donovan can't. Dyer just isn't really dangerous he almost always opts for the safe uninspired pass.

5. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
  6. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Don't all Euros do that?

7. ray of light

ray of light Member

May 14, 2003
    somewhere in this beautiful world.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ???????????? relationship with his sister?????????? what are u talking about?
    Landon lives with Bianca and have a relationship with her lol!
    Lan and Tristan are twins thats all no sex!

8. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    Donovan is better than Dyer. I'm a lifelong Newcastle fan. And no fan of Donovan. But Dyer is an overrated tw@t.

9. Tmagic77

Tmagic77 Member+

Feb 10, 2003
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    WOOOOOOOSHHHH!!!!

10. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

Spot on.

The only thing they share are their menstrual cycles.

11. lplaksina

lplaksina Member

Jan 5, 2002
    you bring so much insight to what could have been an interesting discussion.

idiot

12. SABuffalo786

SABuffalo786 New Member

May 18, 2002
    Buffalo, New York

My apologies, Gertrude.

I'm sure you were looking foward into scientifically deducing which of them is a bigger "wanker"

:rolleyes:

13. Prenn

Prenn Member

Apr 14, 2000
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bolton Wanderers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I'm no Dyer fan but this is sig material!

14. OmiKell

OmiKell New Member

May 2, 2004
    Tarrytown/Luxemburg
    I hope someone can help me... I'm seeking a tape on Landon Donovan. Could anyone help me?

15. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

What he said.

I'd rather have Donovan. I've watched Dyer for years and I loved him when the Mags bought him. I think he might beat Donovan in a dead sprint, but I'd rather have Donovan on the ball. Donovan strikes me as being pretty tough, too, while Dyer is the very definition of injury-prone.

16. fox point fury

May 19, 2001
    Providence
    Just because you don't get the joke doesn't mean you have to be rude.

17. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    ...3 - 4 years ago Dyer had the (kiss of death word coming up) potential to be a truly great player...unfortunately he is a f--kin' idiot of the first order...a boozing, partying,selfish low life who is wasting his talent...the reason he is always injured is the same reason woodgate is always injured...they are both party animal idiots....who abuse their bodies....and both could learn a lot from someone like Henry...a teetotaller who looks after himself and his body and realises his career will be over soon enough ( mid thirties)...there is still a large "drinking culture" at some EPL clubs ( Leicester City at La Manga last season) although this is slowly changing...The difference between being very successful at the top level and not is miniscule...and drinking booze could be the difference...I was once I huge fan of Dyer, not any more.

18. AmericanPatriot

AmericanPatriot New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Bakersfield,CA
    Dude Landon Donovan hands down is better, not even a competition.

Landon moving to a big German club about to be rippin it up in the Champs League.
    Dyer playing for a mid table English club and prolly never play in the Champs LEague

Landon Goldenboot winner
    Dyer errr yeh you get my drift yo

Landon USNATS captain
    Dyer struggling to get into the Nats

I dont need to go on do i?

Peace

19. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does Dyer even play. I haven't seen or heard anythnig about the guy all season.

Comparing Donovan to Dyer is stupid bacause in case you have missed it here on Big Soccer Landon doesn't play in Europe thus his skills are irelavant and that means even Darren Huckerbey is vastly superoir to Landon.

God I just hate it when Americans compare their players to established european players like it is their right to do so. :mad:

* this post has been brought you by :

SARCASIM - when you don't mean what you say, or say what you mean try a big helping of SARCASIM. In a store near you.

20. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Dyer is injured...again....because his lifstyle and success at the top level don't mix..

21. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    A few issues with your post:

First: getting into the England squad is harder than getting into the US squad. Fact.

Second: Newcastle are not a midtable side, at least going by the last three years of results. (this season may yet see us finish mid-table, but at the moment, we are two points behind ManYoo.)

Third: To say that Dyer plays for a Newcastle is stretching things; let us say that he is CONTRACTED to Newcastle.

Fourth: I would give up a large number of our (USA) players to have Dyer in our midfield.

Fifth: Dyer is an overrated tw@t, and as I said earlier in this thread, Donovan is hands down a better player.

22. sinjin

sinjin New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Ohio
    Fact:
    The US went further than England did in the WC 2002.

Fact:
    Landon D was on that team.

23. Zathras

Zathras Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Minneapolis
    Uhm. Perhaps I am going senile, but I think that both fell to finalists in the quarter-final round. England lost to the champions, the US lost to the runners-up. How is one further than the other?

24. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas

Wrong they both went out in the quarters...the USA to the worst german team in living memory...a team England had destroyed in munich 5-1...

25. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Really helped you guys make the final.