Landon Donovan to West Bromwich Albion (unfounded rumor...)

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by boin boing, Aug 1, 2004.

1. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    This is a very valid point. As we go forward as a soccer country, it will be interesting to see how Goos is remembered. With the strong cases for both sides, it will likely be bi-polar.

2. robviii

robviii Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Chicago
    I think it will depend on what Agoos does after he hangs up the cleets. He seems to have the makings of a successful coach, based on his impact at San Jose and DC.

3. DCSharksFC

DCSharksFC Member

Feb 28, 2003
    Virginia Tech
    agoos would be a great coach, just fix his compass

German reports (sorry no link) have donovan to leverkusen during the winter break

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    And Donovan's transfer/non-transfer to WBA will hinge on this outcome.

5. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think an unfounded Landon Donovan transfer rumor hinges on the lasting legacy of Jeff Agoos.

6. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Re: Landon Donovan to West Bromwich Albion

Does WBAUnofficial qualify as local media? How about producing a link?

www.westbrom.com which has an active message board doesn't even have Landon on their "Dodgy Rumors" threads.

7. j&bontherock

j&bontherock BigSoccer Supporter

I heard that Barcelona is in talking with Armado guevara's agent, it looks very positive.

8. Jabinho

Jabinho New Member

May 29, 2004
    If you take out the ellipsis points on Google news summaries you get some interesting stuff.

:)

9. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    I'm sorry guys, but the original poster made a mistake. On the "ways to upset the San Jo board" rotation, this week was suppossed to be Spartan Stadium and attendance. Next week was relocation rumors, and the week AFTER was set for Donovan transfer speculation. He was way out of line and jumped three weeks ahaed. I will straighten him out and everything will return to normal. Sorry for the interruption.

10. doppelganger

doppelganger Member

Jul 6, 2001
    santa cruz, ca
    fair enough...

i just wish you guys would troll with some new material....

the topics you mention are so tired....

11. somebody

somebody New Member

Feb 18, 2004
  12. Baby Citlalli

Baby Citlalli New Member

Jul 22, 2004
    Central Cali
    Did they even use him when he was in Germany? Articles I read make it seem like he sucked over there and now they want him back. I don't know it just doesn't make sense to me. But why has nothing been mentioned here in the states? Maybe they want to see if it is official. But how many years did Donovan play in Germany?

13. texgator

texgator New Member

Oct 28, 2003
    Plano
    Management has changed since then.....so has Landon.....

14. WbaQuakesFan

WbaQuakesFan New Member

Jan 12, 2004
    San Jose
    If Landon leaves, it might as well be West Brom. Either way, he'll be playing for my favorite team.

15. DevilDave

DevilDave Member

West Bromwich Albion/RBNY/PSG/Gamba Osaka/Sac Republic
    United States
    Sep 29, 2001
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    West Bromwich Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oy vey... I know I've been off the Quakes boards too long when this thread is just begging for me to post in it for the past few days.

As a Northern Cal.-based Albion fan who has seen Donovan in action many times for the Quakes, it's no surprise for me that Albion might take an interest in him. West Brom need someone else up front, and the thought of a Landon strike partnership would make any Albion fan giddy with excitement.

But I monitor Albion-related news on multiple sites, and other than the wishes of a few of my fellow Baggies fans (there's often a lot of pie-in-the-sky wishing on WBAUnofficial.com), there has not ever been nothing solid about WBA offering anything to Leverkusen for Landon. NADA. And time is running out for something to get done. If I were a betting man, I would say that Donovan will probably stay with the Quakes for the rest of the MLS season and then consider going to Europe when the winter transfer windows open.

By the way, Albion's Jason Koumas and Andy Johnson saw Donovan up close a year ago in the US-Wales friendly in San Jose... in fact on my desktop is a photo of Landon breezing past Super Jase during a late second-half end-to-end run at Spartan.

And I expect Albion defender Darren 'Big Dave' Moore to go head-to-head with Landon a few times during the upcoming US-Jamaica World Cup qualifying match in Kingston.