Landon Donovan in the Premier League

Discussion in 'Everton' started by strike, Nov 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Its exactly the same and am pretty sure a certain Californian was at the front of the moaning about Becks, yet he felt it was ok to talk up another club

2. Marko72

Marko72 Member+

Aug 30, 2005
    New York
  3. ark215

ark215 Member

Jan 16, 2009
    America
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not criticizing him because he didn't do what Becks did. Had he done it, it would've been one.

4. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    David Moyes was on Goals on Sunday, he got asked about Landon Donovan.

He said along the lines of:

"Landon was magnificent for Everton, on and off the pitch. The players made it really easy for him to come in, and took him for dinner, always making sure he was settled at home. He is looked at as possibly the USA star player. I'd love to have him back but he would be expensive as he is the top player from the MLS and the prices some players are going from there are big."

5. arkjayback

arkjayback Member

Mar 29, 2008
    Le Mars, IA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was always thinking that Landon's loan would either be extended or Everton would sign him. After he came back, I started thinking that surely Landon would be sold in the summer.

Then Becks got injured and the Galaxy are off to a 3-0 start. Donovan is the star player and will be expected to be the driving force of this team before and after the World Cup. With him making a $2.25 million and the Galaxy possibly on their way to the MLS Cup final again, I just can't see them selling their best player and best remaining healthy asset. That scenario makes another winter loan very likely.

6. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Be disgusted if we take him again next jan, what are we, a yanks training ground now for pre season? Were bigger than that

7. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Because your knowledge is obviously so much more than David Moyes in what he offers to our team.

8. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Yeh because Moyes gets everything right doesnt he! LOL

9. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    So you think the majority of people are wrong? Because it's a majority that have recognised what he offered us, all the pundits recognise it too, are they all wrong as well?

10. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Well a lot of people think Neville is decent so yes the majority are wrong. All pace and little else.
    Why do you think Americas leading star hasnt got a transfer above the likes of Dempsey, Howard, McBride?

11. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    A lot? Really? Because from what I read and hear at matches he gets a hell of a lot of stick and everyone wants right back issue to be addressed...

A lot of factors, people are different, he has nearly moved to England/Europe before but moves have fallen through for a variety of reasons. Ever thought that he might love LA and his life out there, that he likes being comfortable and does not like change, so he prefers to stay at home near his family and friends? Matt Le Tissier, for example, could have played for a bigger club than Southampton, but chose not to.

12. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    The neville bitching has only just started and you know it so dont try and play the innocent with me as it wont cut it. Neville was sh*t when he was bought and only now are the majority slowly realising just how limited he really is.
    Am sure he does love LA and maybe like Le Tiss, he knows deep down he just wont cut it for a big club. LD comes across as a man who loves being the big fish in little water but would hate it the other way round and having to battle for a place.

13. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Only just started? I think not, he has always got stick off our fans and people have bitched about him for as long as I can remember in terms of his footballing ability.

What about Iniesta then? One of the best players in the world (in my opinion anyway) said this about LD

“Donovan surprises you with just how much skill he has,” Iniesta said. “He thinks about the game in a very advanced way – that is the way we try to play in Spain and in the national team. It would be good to have him in La Liga. I believe he could be successful.”

14. hlbunton

hlbunton New Member

Mar 30, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously from your posts I would have never known you disliked L Donovan:)

I like him with the pace and passing he brings to spread defenders out. And I honestly like American premier league fans talking about Everton instead of the big four drabble.

But I won't take it personally if Landon does or does not come back to Everton. I will cheer for them with or without him. Either way COYB!

15. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Your giving me a quote from a player? LOL

A player who has played all his career in Spain to one who hasnt. Was it after an international friendly?

16. ctoa23

ctoa23 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 25, 2007
    E&G Forum
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....Because I'm sure Iniesta is just pulling stuff out of his ass, there. Right?

17. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    What? So opinions of players don't matter now? Players of Iniesta's calibre too? I forgot, only your opinion matters, yeah?

No, it was after the Confederations Cup match in which the USA beat Spain, a competitive game, although, in all likelihood you will come back with something about it being meaningless.

18. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Oh so he has seen him once then? Makes all the difference, i always judge a player on just the 1 appearence.....NOT
    I base my opinions on err my opinion and not what some fella who has played in a different continent all his life to the player in question. Bizarre, simply bizarre

19. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Because i said that didnt i? Ermm no

20. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    You think he is judging him off one game? Bizarre, simply bizarre.

21. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    You think he isnt? Bizarre, simply bizarre. Your embarrassing yourself

22. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Haha. I'll leave that to the viewing public to judge who is embarrassing themselves.

To be pedantic, Donovan has played in Germany before and I'm certain that Germany is part of the same continent of Spain...:rolleyes:

23. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Arent you clever! Did he see him playing in Germany then or was it this one time?
    Typical sky generation fan, not a clue

24. Arteta's Girl

Arteta's Girl Member

Sep 29, 2008
    Liverpool, UK
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Do you know Iniesta personally then? You know he is only judging him on the one game?

25. StickyToffee

StickyToffee Red Card

Jan 21, 2010
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Do you know him then? Obviously you must, what other 'greats' (LOL) has AI picked out.
    Is it true Davey Moyes phoned Iniesta up and asked him what he thought of Landon and it was that reccomendation that prompted Moyes to make his move? LOL