Landon Donovan..... I ain't mad at ya.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You seem to be fair. So thanks for that as well. I can't begin to tell you have many different items Donovan has signed for me. USMNT balls, USMNT jerseys, Galaxy ball, MLS ball, Galaxy jersey, calendars, you name it. And each and everytime I met him, I got the same treatment from him: respect, care, and generosity. Even when he was in a hurry, he never failed to say Hello.

I wouldn't say all players are great guys. I had a player (I won't mention his name, but hint: he's a top goal scorer for a team called NE) who after signing my jersey, threw my Sharpie back onto the jersey. He disappointed me a lot.

I can only tell you from my personal experiences, and again, from what I saw, Donovan is a good man.

2. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, no, I don't hate him. But, I do dislike him (always within the boundaries of the game) because he has become the symbol of the antagonism (that should be kept within the boundaries of the game, too) between the U.S. and Mexico.
    ==========

I like him for that:p

3. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I'll agree to disagree there too ;-)

4. GunnerUSA

GunnerUSA New Member

Aug 20, 2007
    USA
    Well said Venturadoc. Donovan plays box to box even when he is lined up as a forward. He supplied a lot of the energy for the come back. Every great player has made mistakes. LD is class on and off the pitch.

5. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Attention all Donovan-haters. September 8 is another opportunity for you to enjoy LAG without Donovan. If you're not going to the HDC, I'm sure you'll glue yourself in front of the TV watching the game (vs. Colorado).

6. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread seem like a reasonable place to post this info, but please move if some place else is more appropriate.

Landon Donovan is scheduled to be a guest on the Glenn Davis radio show in Houston tomorrow night, Weds. Aug. 5.

The show airs at 5:00 pm PT (7:00 pm CT) and streams online at www.790kbme.com (click on "Listen Live" in the upper right).

A podcast of the show is also usually up within a day or so - click here for more info.

7. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Re: Landy to Randy

LoL...Can you read?

Say it slowly, M.L.S D i r e c t T V p a c k a g e....

8. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Oh, this is just wonderful. Another brilliant 2007 join date soccer mind speaks.

"Play hard and Hustle".
    This is just what we need for the future isn’t it?

A bunch of players with no deft touch and skill but who will "hustle" and "play hard".

Seems to me, if it were up to you we would have a National team full of Chris Armas, Frankie Heydude, Ben Olsen and Pablo Mastroeni.

9. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Please, this guy rolls around more than Ruiz, looks like he's auditioning for Most Dramatic Newcomer. He's a good player but I wouldn't be so sure he's going to strike the fear your post suggests.

10. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you think b/c your 2004 join date will give you more knowledge about soccer? Did they give you a pin or medal for being here since 2004?

I'm talking about Galaxy player Randolph not National team,we seems to like him if you can not see him as a good player I can't help you.
    You don't think Angel plays hard for the bulls?

11. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I never got mine . . .

12. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States