Landon Donovan..... I ain't mad at ya.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by TequilaJoal, Aug 30, 2007.

1. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Copy that . . . I think he made them all too.

And with no disrespect to YOU, or to Buddle -- because I think he's a guy who's down but still has a shot at fulfilling some of his promise, and I love the way he converted his penalty -- but give me a team full of Donovans against a team full of Buddles and we'll beat you so g-damn bad it won't even be funny.

2. MLS_RM

MLS_RM Member

Jun 25, 2003
    chicago
    Landon must have missed kissing a fingernail or one of his fingers must have missed the grass.Actually i dont think he bent down enough. Serioulsy can he stop with this ridiculous time wasting embarrasing routine. Anyone who has watched LD take penalties could see a miss was coming. Just pick a corner and blast it in LD. But go ahead do that silly routine and kick a weak kick...im sure LA teammates didnt need need the mone besides LD has his.

Why is Vagenas still in this league??

3. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Landy to Randy

Have you even seen him play? Is his touch perfect? no. Who's is? His touch was not bad at all against Pacucha and it will only get better the more time he sees on the pitch. His crosses were dangerous and his ability to take players one on one with his speed is a great weapon. Given how he has performed the last few games, I don't think it is out of line to say that if he was our LB from day one he would be rookie of the year for not just our team but the entire league.

4. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again - it's smelling salts, which is basically amonia. It's a real jolt to the brain.

I fainted once. They brought me to with smelling salts.

And yeah, his rituals are getting longer. He didn't use to do all that stuff. The OCD must be really kicking in, which doesn't that happen more in pressure situations?

5. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    THERE IS ONLY ONE LANDON DONOVAN.

Donovan, don't worry, ...it happens. You put up a good fight the entire match, despite of being listed as "questionable" (injury) before the game. That's heart and character, man. Noboday can ask for more than that.

LAG looks entirely different when you and Beckham are on the field. That fact cannot be denied.

Focus and drive on. Don't let the naysayers distract you.

If you line up all the Donovan-haters and Donovan-lovers, the latter will outstretch the former by far. No doubt in my mind.

Play for your fans. You have many.

6. JuiceBox

JuiceBox Member

Mar 27, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    word

7. sacris00

sacris00 New Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Burbank
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...and just to go on about Randolph, he has to be one of the worst MLS players this year, it's painful. Almost like a blast from the past and watching Mike Burns play for the US national team all over again....

===========================
    Samba if we need your opinion we will call you.
    Stick with your red bulls.

You know why I like Randolph? Because he is willing to play and play hard.

8. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Great, so now he's a smelling salt addict on top of being OCD. That's just great. ;)

9. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Yeah, but I beat the Donovan haters could kick the crap out of the Donovan lovers, so there... :p

10. DONOVANHATER

DONOVANHATER New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Landon Donovan... I love what ya did. Do it again!

11. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Trust me, it wasn't on purpose.

12. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then we need all the Donovan-haters at the games. I heard some Pachuca fans were picking fights. The LAG fans could have used your help.

13. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    That sucks... stupid Pachuca fans. Oh, and I'm not a Donovan hater, I was just making a joke. :) But I would've been in the thick of it if I had been there and seen some rival fans messing with fellow Galaxy fans. Of that you can be sure, much to the chagrin of my wife.

She's always like, "Don't get involved or say anything that causes problems with someone!!" That's just not me though. I'm all about sticking up for what's right or what I believe in. :D

14. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    Despite the PK, I thought that was a great performance by Donovan. That guy has an engine. When you play with the forwards we have, he has to do the running for three players. We were sitting behind the south goal, and after one of many Gordon miscues, the look on Landon'd face was classic. It was of total disgust, he looked at Gordon turned away and shook his head. I would be disheartened too. But he kept playing and almost won the game in regulation.

15. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA
    I will be seriously bummed if we don't find away to keep Donovan and add a big skillful hold up type of forward (an Emilio type) for next year. One can only hope..............

16. Acekiller

Acekiller Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Yes. Definitely must keep LD, regardless of what all the haters say. He's essential for us.

17. ultraprime

ultraprime New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Plano
    Nah, I'm bringing my team of (healthy) Toja's and THAT game won't even be a contest. There will be little LD bodies strewn across the field. :D

18. Venturadoc

Venturadoc Member

Aug 14, 2007
    Ventura, CA

I'll take that game!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Beckhamania

Beckhamania New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Dublin, CA
    Do what you want with your Tojas, as long as you do it in private, brother. :p

20. KingsQueen949

KingsQueen949 New Member

Apr 13, 2007
    I'll just TiVO it. I only want to see the highlights!

21. DONOVANHATER

DONOVANHATER New Member

Aug 31, 2007
    No, I don't hate Donovan. In fact, I admire him. He seems to be an educated guy. He speaks two languages (maybe more...I don't know).
    So, no, I don't hate him. But, I do dislike him (always within the boundaries of the game) because he has become the symbol of the antagonism (that should be kept within the boundaries of the game, too) between the U.S. and Mexico.
    He is an excellent player but, boy...did I enjoy watching him missing that penalty kick...It was orgasmic.:)

22. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He speaks 3. If you don't hate him, you might want to get a new screen name. Unless it's just a sock.

23. triple7

triple7 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    i agree with everyone saying that we must keep donovan but I think he should play at forward and not out in the wings

24. churchill2000

churchill2000 3x MLS Cup Champions

Jul 12, 2004
    Monde Virtuel
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

I guess a soccer game is not about the 90+ minutes played but just the round of penalty kicks . . .:(

25. TOJAS

TOJAS New Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Canada
    Well, thanks for that. I am idealistic and cynical--I want to think all the players are great guys and worth admiring, but the little voice in my head that watches too much T.V. whispers; "you know they're mostly selfish jerks who think they deserve whatever they want".
    So I'm always happy when my inner cynic is forced to shut up.:)
    No, having a few days to get over it, I'm sure Donovan wanted to make the PK more than anyone, and is devestated that he didn't. Poor guy.
    Now I think it is Pete Vagaenes (can't think how to spell his name at the moment) who is doing a little "thank you Lord for all my blessings" ritual when he walks into HDC because he is NOT going to be remembered at the guy who lost the Superliga Final by scoring the opposing teams only goal!!:p