News: Lance laing called to Jamaican Nat'l team...

Discussion in 'Fort Lauderdale Strikers' started by Antique, May 14, 2012.

1. Antique

Antique Member

Nov 11, 2008
    the river of grass
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. drSoFlaFan

drSoFlaFan DEFEND THE FORT!

Feb 25, 2008
    Plantation, FL
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome for Lance, not so awesome for us.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3-defender formation until he comes back, as opposed to playing somebody out of position which tends to happen from time to time with Shore. Toni, Stewart and Blake in the back with Lorenz, Shanosky, Otte, Pecka and Restrepo in the midfield and 2 of Hassan/Anderson/King up front.

3. Yahhh Steve

Yahhh Steve Member

Feb 19, 2009
    South Florida
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huge congratulations to Lance, and wishing him the best of luck! For his sake I hope some MLS clubs take notice. While I would hate to lose him, there's no doubt the guy belongs at a higher level...

Despite playing midfield for us, Lorenz is a natural left back. The most likely scenario is that he drops back to replace Laing like he did for us in San Antonio. That way either Pecka or a fully fit Motagalvan can step into midfield.

I'd like to see some sort of 3-5-2 as well. Ståhl, Stewart and Shanosky as a three-man defense, with Lorenz and Granado as wingbacks, and Motagalvan, Pecka, and Restrepo in midfield with Hassan and Anderson up top would be a great formation.

Very little chance we see anything other than Shore's favored 4-4-2 though...

4. Smoke & Mirrors

Jul 18, 2010
    Club:
    Ft Lauderdale Strikers
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I agree with Steve. Lorenz is almost certain to be the fill in at left back. He has experience playing there, and can still make runs on the left wing. If Motagalvan is fit, you know they want to get him on the field and see what he can do. I'll save my further speculation on this weekend's lineup for the pre-match thread I know DR will be creating for us in the next day or two! :cool:

Antique repped this.