Lamar Hunt US Open Cup: Fourth Round

Discussion in 'San Antonio FC' started by Hands, May 30, 2012.

1. Hands

Hands Member

May 5, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tuesday, June 5th, 2012
    Charlotte Eagles (USL Pro) at San Antonio Scorpions
    Heroes Stadium; San Antonio, Texas; 7:30 p.m. CT

2. jmmj

jmmj Member

Feb 17, 2006
    San Antonio, TX
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Based on the Scorpion's Twitter feed of the two matches we have seven players with a yellow in the tournament, but no one has two so everybody should be available for the Charlotte match.
    Rd 3: Cochrane, Wagner, Gold, Pitchkolan.
    Rd 2: Kling, Greenfield, Denissen (Ramirez sent off)
    Is this accurate?

3. cblood86

cblood86 New Member

May 29, 2012
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If we prepare similarly, and play the possession game against Charlotte, I think we will do just fine. Obviously league results have nothing to do with the USOC, but Charlotte is 2-7-2 in USL-Pro season play thusfar.
    I was extremely impressed by a few things v. Houston. Kevin Harmse continues to play some of the most intelligent midfield out there. His passes are so crisp, and true. His through-ball to Wes Knight in the second half (which was pushed just wide of the post) was as perfect as you can have a through at any level. He constantly is vocal and sticks up for his team.
    Our backline held tremendously. With Greg Janicki coming back from preseason injury, our defense and holding midfield slots are in great shape.
    Beggars can't be choosers, but we miss too many shots. We had no less than 4 one-on-ones last night, and our only goal came on a PK. This can't happen moving forward.
    I'm stoked for Tuesday! It will be a great match and a great opportunity to firther the name of the San Antonio Scorpions.

4. Bluesfan

Bluesfan Member+

DC United
    Aug 12, 2000
    Tampa
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Is there a buzz in the city about the Scorps? I know the Spurs are front page stuff right now, but I would hope that this inaugural season has cracked the sports media.

5. cblood86

cblood86 New Member

May 29, 2012
    San Antonio
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Most definitely. It's in the paper and on the local news stations. It's nowhere near the "deity" status of the Spurs, but it's getting a good amount of press. Our attendance numbers are fantastic; the highest in the league. The FO is doing a great job of getting the name out there and creating buzz.

6. greenroom

greenroom BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scorpions just tweeted that if they win vs Charlotte then they "could" host Chivas.. So I guess that means if the Carolina wins we would travel?

7. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like SA would host if they win, be it Chivas or the Hawks.

8. Hands

Hands Member

May 5, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Correct.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Lamar-...Open-Cup-Quarterfinal-Pairings-Announced.aspx

Chivas USA (MLS)/Carolina RailHawks (NASL) Winner at San Antonio Scorpions (NASL): Heroes Stadium; San Antonio, Texas; 7:30 p.m. CT OR

Charlotte Eagles (USL PRO) at Chivas USA (MLS): Home Depot Center Track & Field Stadium; Carson, Calif.; 7:30 p.m. PT OR

Charlotte Eagles (USL PRO) at Carolina RailHawks (NASL): WakeMed Soccer Park; Cary, N.C.; 7:07 p.m. ET

9. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was the crowd last night? I can't find it.

10. kyleburkholder

Dec 4, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    South Africa
    5112 according to team president via twitter...