LAG vs DC United 8/26 POST GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    ?? Obvious you are NOT a DC fan because Gomez did play, as did Adu. In fact that's right about the time LA open up the heavily shaken can of Whoop Ass on us.

Anyhow, Good win blah blah blah. Wanted to just put 2 cents on the table.
    I think it's funny how 2 years ago you would be eating Landon for breakfast but now he is your "darling" Remember this when we want to eat Tino for breakfast.:D See you in the USOC final?

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's a different final of which we do not speak for fear of jinx.

3. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure, dude, that's why there's always lots of people after games clamoring for his autograph and picture. And I'm not talking just home games. Yeah, even right there in good old RFK stadium. See, this is where you're delusional. The general soccer fan does not dislike Donovan. There's a world out there beyond BigSoccer and teams' supporter groups.

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't say he's our darling but more like our bitch. He can be a bitch, but he's scoring for us and hopefully helps us get to playoffs and USOC final.

5. uclacarlos

uclacarlos Member+

Aug 10, 2003
    east coast
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    :rolleyes:

The reality is that you've got 1 out of the last 6 titles. You've won 1 US Open Cup way back in '06.

The truth is that your team and fans are actually much more accustomed to mediocrity than you let on. Oh, belated congrats on your 2005 MLS Reserve League Championship! :D

We've won 2 of the last 4 MLS Cups. We've won 2 of the last 5 US Open Cups, losing in the final in 2002 to C'bus b/c US Soccer had the brilliant idea of playing the final 4 days after the MLS Cup final and our guys were still hungover. We've never missed the playoffs.

We are accustomed to excellence.

6. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

I can respect this. Much moreso than him being your darling.:D

7. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Not only that, we don't have any problem with people not liking LD, but when the main reason they don't like him is because of his "curly" hair, you begain to question certain things about said fans.

8. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks! I knew those were all wrong, including my own spelling, but I was too lazy to look it up!

9. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    All I am saying is that earler this season DC had some tactical problems that a Coach like Sampson was unable to exploit. Yallop should get the credit due for being clever enough to take advantage of DC's weak spots. But...

Nowak is no fool, and nothing fixes a team better than an eye opening loss, that is why it is called an "eye opener". Your team needed this win, we did not, but we need to change in some important areas, and this loss will drive that home far better than a 1-0 away to Colorado (where altitude is blamed) or a 2-1 away loss to RSL (with 2 PK's in the last 5 minutes).

One of the shortcomings of DC United is that it tends to be inflexible, because our system has been very successful, (esp this season) there exists little reason to change. But our tactics can and will be modified to adapt to what teams like Chicago and LA are doing against us now.

IMO tis was a big win for LA, you soooo needed it, and not just because of the three points. But in the long run it was a bigger gain for DC, as it should force thru the needed adaptations for us to make the final push for a successful season.

I am betting that we will face one another, in the HDC in the USOC final, and I think that you will face a far different DC United. But I am still doubtful that your Galaxy can go the rest of the distance into the MLS Cup finals again this year. It will take alot more than just four lucky games this time, and your Western competition is better/hungrier than they were last season.

Guess we'll find out. At least it will not be boring.

10. L.A. SOCCER NATION

L.A. SOCCER NATION ONLY IN L.A.

Jun 17, 2005
    LOS ANGELES
    Isnt so funny that everytime we delegate with the "Dumb Chick United" fans, on such subjects on Which Team:
    *has the better attendance
    *most successful
    *most recognized
    we always provide links to the facts that clearly makes us(Galaxy) the most Glamorous, Sucessful, Popular,Hated and the only true "CLUB" in the Nation(MLS). In the other hand all the Dumb Chicks United just talk, talk, talk talk and never provide links to what they say.

Aside from only saying "we have more trophies than you, so that makes us better" Dumb boring comments like that will only make us say:
    [​IMG]

Let me help you guys out and teach you how to argue and provide a link. Lets say that we Galaxy Fans state that "We are the most decorated club in MLS history". You then oppose the argument tell your side of the story and provide the link to back it up: Like this:
    http://www.aegworldwide.com/02_sports/dc_united.html

You can see that the link states that D.C. United is the most decorated club in MLS history with nine major domestic and international championships.

You see! you just won the argument!!:D There you go! Now do that more often and provide a link when you enter an argument. Never Forget that: "Knowing is half the battle"
    [​IMG]

11. flava

flava Member

Jun 3, 2005