LAG vs DC United 8/26 POST GAME THREAD

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by profiled, Aug 26, 2006.

1. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i have to say, apart from the obviously under-aged, anti-donovan nitwits their boards are surprisingly frank and honest. you can just imagine the reaction if that were a san jose game.

2. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually this sounds like it was another incident that I did not see, assuming it was in the Barra area. The two I mentioned were among the same people, just different times. If you were on the Barra side, this corner would have been across the field and to the right. The scarf rescue sounds a lot like in "A Season with Verona" where one supporters group yells at another, but a Verona guy's hat floes with the wind into the police pit between the two groups, and the opposition runs in to steal it from the police to throw it back to the Verona guy. The Verona guy says thanks, then moves to the opposite side of his section to taunt a different group of opposition supporters.

3. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    Um, no. I took my personal safety in my own hands and "rescued" that scarf at my own risk. See, the halftime drum circle is a ritual that we have at RFK and by the time it happens, United supporters are whiped into a frenzy. I entered that mob and came out with the remains of that scarf. Your guy says he posts on these boards and will back me up. Now, die in a fire.

4. Koz

Koz New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. Now that was fun.

5. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    Gee, what a fine gent you are.?

6. Dave Brother

Dave Brother New Member

Jun 10, 2001
    Alexandria
    I wouldn't help you guys in a flood when we had the only boat. I only helped one of your's in a time of need. :rolleyes:

People like you make me wish I had let the damn scarf burn and replay it every day on You Tube.

7. RHSOCCER23

RHSOCCER23 Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    TequilaJoel is the only retard on our boards. Why are the DC boards filled with them?

9. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Reported. Definately yellow card worhy. I will not resort to name calling because I am not TJ nor a DC fan, but I will curse your sould under my breath as long as I live.

10. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    We had a lot of haters two weeks ago. Now everyone's back on the wagon.

Do I smell two tropheys? Yes.

11. Qamle

Qamle Member

May 2, 2004
    San Diego
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    OMG yes it's glorious.

I just checked it out and here are the main themes

1) Donovan is a ********** bitch
    2) The refs screwed DCU
    3) The team let us down

lol, blow me DC fans

1) jeering Donovan only motivated him more
    2) how did the refs gift LA 5 goals?
    3) awww, cry me a damn river.

Never rest easy!

12. kyleprather

kyleprather New Member

Apr 27, 2006
    ******** yeah LA for a double the great DONOVAN has returned.

13. Calexico77

Calexico77 Member

Sep 19, 2003
    Mid-City LA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, now all we need to win the Double is a Guatemalan on the roster.

Why am I imagining Pando showing up next week like something from the end of the last Pirates of the Carribean?

You know why I love this team? Because it represents Los Angeles.

You know why it represents Los Angeles?

Because just like a Hollywood Movie, it's a bunch of retards, misfits, and cast offs with one ringer, who suck the whole season only to pull it together in the last 20 minutes, and somehow still wins the championship.

Now that's Hollywood.

14. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to have to do some math here:

9 remaining games
    ____

27 + 29 = 56

If we go undefeated the rest of the regular season, we could be looking at a 2nd or 3rd seed in the MLS Western conference playoffs. There is still hope.

15. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. However, Matchnight.com has a nice projected finish table. As long as Yallop gets us in the playoffs, I'd consider that a decent finish to the season considering the state of things when Sampson was given his exit papers.

16. MLScRaZy06

MLScRaZy06 New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    ancient rome
    I've been a DCU fan since I got interested in MLS but all they do is hate on donovan(who happens to be my favorite player). I know he had a bad WC but that happens. I wish they'd come to the realisation that having bad tournaments happens sometimes and just forget it. I'm almost sure with all this taunting at the next WC he's going to play great.

P.S. I know I'm supposed to hate LA because I'm a DC fan but LAG is my favorite team in the west.

17. Baysider

Baysider Member+

Jul 16, 2004
    Santa Monica
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The next week and a half is incredibly important. We need the win Wednesday against RSL for obvious reasons. Then Saturday we are playing KC, and you want to take advantage of the weak teams and get three points. Then the following Wednesday we have a must-win open cup game.

18. crookeddy

crookeddy Member+

Apr 27, 2004
    Please refrain from saying intelligent things. It makes it harder to stereotype Washingtonians.

19. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Location says Penn, can you expect sanity from Pennsylvanians?

20. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    They're definitely wrapped up in #1 and #3. I don't see that much of #2, to be honest -- not compared to other post-match threads of a typical losing team. The complaints about the ref basically focus on one incident -- the Ihemelu tackle that led to (Cadaver points out that it didn't directly cause) Mediate's apparent broken leg.

And that's the only complaint I have about the Galaxy's performance last night. They put a beat-down on United, plain and simple. Ihemelu shouldn't have been on the field for at least the last 10 minutes, but the score still would've been at least 4-2.

21. Burden

Burden Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im as surprised as anyone Ugo went the whole 90, there were even more tackles than the tackle on Mediate that he might have recieved a yellow for. But thats Ugo, I wonder why Jazic didnt get any minutes. Was he wasted from the usoc? A hell of an exciting game, Im kind of pissed I didnt record it.

22. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the spanish telecast they said he was injured. Don't recall what it is.

23. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United fans: there is nothing worse than a sore loser.
    It's so......unbecoming.
    You're just embarrassing yourselves.

24. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    Jazic wore a different color on his warmup jersey than the other subs, now that you mention it. Not sure if there was any significance to it. He was listed as an available sub.

25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy

Sort of off topic, but maybe you can help...

How on earth does it make sense for fans of a MLS team, to basically mock a player for "dominating" the league that *THEIR* team is in?

It's like, no one on our team is nearly as good, you own is in our own home, but you didn't play very well in Germany, so you're a joke...

I really don't understand at all...

It's almost as bad as the Sad Jose fans and their AEG hates us conspiracy theories.