LAG@HOU (RCB2HB) Sun 10/7 Noon TELE.

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by lou czar, Oct 2, 2007.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course, being the true fan that I am, now I'm worried about a let down vs. TFC.

We just went and won three on the road, and then come back home to play the worst team in the league. I'm just very afraid that there will be a drop in intensity from the team.

But hopefully not. Again they get a full week to recover and be ready. And if they can beat TFC, then they get their first "home-and-away" playoff round vs. NYRB and Chicago....

2. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    As far as the team goes, they will know the result of the CHI at DC game before kick-off. If CHI wins then the game will be a must win. If CHI loses then that's the real danger for a let down scenario - however - I think the fact that a win against TOR would then guarantee that a win in Chicago gets us to the playoffs, then there is still plenty to get up for. So I don't see the team having a "let down game" - still they could still lose to Toronto and then the fans will be tremendously let down.

3. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    A letdown against Toronto is a threat but I believe the team will keep focus and take care of business. It's no slam-dunk, but I have to think all recognize the potential for disaster. HOWEVER, I am concerned for the effects of said pressure if this game doesn't go well for the Galaxy . . . how many times can we keep winning these games without taking firm control and outplaying the opponent?

Having said that, the game that concerns me is NY, they have a game-breaker in Angel and a good tactician in Arena. If we have to piece together a defence of guys playing out of position I fear we could be exposed badly.

4. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    I saw snippets of the Spice Girls parody on the Telfutura broadcast. I think Houston may have ridiculed themselves more than they were able to poke fun at Posh.

Bottom line is that their Posh wasn't hot, and the real Posh still is. Regardless of anyone's opinion of the Spice Girls act or the Posh & Becks circus, when Posh is dolled up for photo shoot, she sells magazines . . . in pop culture, she still a star.

5. socluis90

socluis90 Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    So Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get a TFC pregame thread going? I know someone has been doing them lately and we're winning so I'll keep the tradition going.

6. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    Go yourself, son -- make a name for yourself!

7. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, and I was unable to find out when reading the post-game writeups: what happened to Kyle Martino? Why did he get subbed at halftime? Was it just tactical or did he get injured?

8. jimmyodonnell

jimmyodonnell Member

May 1, 2003
    He injured our playoff chances ;-)

9. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've been subbing him out every game. And we keep winning, so why mess it up...

:)

10. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, where's the TFC pregame thread?

11. New Mexican

New Mexican Member

Jul 5, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geneva said in a post that she was going off on vacation.

12. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW - for those who were curious, Randolph was disciplined b/c he overslept last Saturday morning and was late for the team practice....

Maybe if they paid him a liveable wage then he could afford a backup alarm-clock....

13. FlapJack

FlapJack Member+

Mar 3, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Was it the AM/PM, or was it the volume knob on the clock radio?;)