LAFC General Discussion

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Football Club' started by Bubba1971, Oct 29, 2014.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Its all going to cover loses? With Orlando, LA2, NYFC not to mention 2-3 possible other bids coming, that is around 1/2 billion dollars if not more. That sounds like quite a lot of money to me especially for a league that has only a $3 or $4 million salary cap. Therefore, is the money getting distributed or put into other investments like cd's, money markets or savings accounts in order for the money to grow and help the league in other areas in the long run? I'm just curious to where these expansion fees go.

2. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope that LAFC doesn't copy A.C. Milan's kits. It's been done before because the MetroStars had copycat A.C. Milan uniforms. So, doing it again would be a redo of the MetroStars' copycat design. Boring. If LAFC wants to stick w/ black & red colors and wants to do a copycat kit, it would be way more cool to ripoff the German National Teams horizontal stipes. Just my opinion.

Gameface and sitruc repped this.
  3. Jonesta

Jonesta Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Auburn, Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't care about the configuration really, but 2017 is looking like two black and red teams right now with Atlanta for sure using some "gold" and LAFC talking about it as well. Two carbon copy color combos coming it at once is just not a good thing IMO. The league already has a lack of diversity in regard to color, this will make it even worse by making black and red another common combo rather than a unique one like DCU.

4. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    I am not talking about 20 ways? $110 million dollars to be in the LA market is cheap? $100 million dollars to be in the three markets I said is not cheap when compared to the LAFC bid.

Moreover, I was under the impression the franchise fees would be split between the current teams and not NYC, OC etc.

5. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Jewelz510

Jewelz510 Member+

Feb 19, 2011
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    2018: Red Bull bails and the team reverts back to the MetroStars identity.

Eleven Bravo and tallguy repped this.
  7. tallguy

tallguy Member+

Sep 15, 2004
    MoCoLand, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS has 5 teams that use red, white & blue - Chicago, New England, North Jersey, Dallas & Salt Lake. Next year, MLS will have 3 teams whose colors are navy blue, light blue & white - NYCFC, Vacouver & Sporting KC. There are two teams that are blue & gold - L.A. Galaxy & Philadelphia. While diversity is good, not every one is a liberal arts major.

8. thefishy

thefishy Member

Feb 5, 2012
    Club:
    Real Murcia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Yes, I know. BUT if we have 2 teams joining the same year, it'd be nice if they not look like the same team

9. davidrpaige

davidrpaige Member

May 17, 2008
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    If LAFC focuses more on the red, in a red & black identity, it can look good and distinguished. DCU's focus has always been on the black with red in very trace amounts. There has always been more white then red in DCU kits. Our nickname should be "the black & white."

I always felt DCU missed out on a good by not doing red jersey, black shorts, and red socks. DCU had for a few years a 3rd kit that was head to toe with the Adidas trim in black. They looked like blood clots. Not enough black to balance out the red. LAFC should go with red top/black shorts/red socks.

10. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    white shorts or socks imo

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyone know or think in 2 years time, either LA club will make a move to sign Leo Messi? I know he wants to leave Barca so why not try? I mean obviously not now but maybe in 2 years when he turns 30 years old and the new LAFC comes around? Just curious to know if there is or will be any plans about a possible signing....

13. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no chance in hell imo. he has said he wants to go back to Argentina one day and I don't see him leaving Europe any time soon, much less Barca. Ronaldo to me is the most realistic option for a world world class player here. And ronaldo has said in the past he wants to live in LA one day

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #139 falvo, Dec 8, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
    Yeah but money talks and he has potential to make more money in LA or MLS than he ever would in Argentina. I do foresee at least one of those guys in MLS one day and I hope its sooner than when they both turn 35+.......

15. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Have we heard any time frame from the LAFC owners about hiring a GM or even a coach?

16. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way to early. I heard they would announce colors - brand ect around March 2015.

17. The Franchise

The Franchise Member+

Nov 13, 2014
    Bakersfield, CA
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Argentina isn't poor and soccer is the top sport by a considerable margin. I imagine Boca Juniors, River Plate, and Newell's Old Boys would be excited at the prospect of his return in a way the American market would struggle to match. Messi will also be effective at a later age than many elite players because he relies on touch and vision rather than speed and strength. It would be great to see him play a non-exhibition in person, but I don't expect for it to happen in the U.S.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #143 falvo, Dec 20, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2014
    Maybe you are right now but 10 years ago it was a different story. There were all kinds of Argentine players lining up at consulates and embassy's trying to gain their European passports trying to get out of the country after the economic crisis and when their teams couldn't pay their players. At least that was what happen back then.
    I'm sure Messi can easily play another 8 more years and effectively. My initial point however, from an MLS standpoint is that I think it would be wise and beneficial for teams in the league to go after an Under 30 as opposed to an Over 34 superstar for a change. I know as a fan I'd rather see players come during their prime younger playing ages rather than at an age, 35+ like an about to retire Henry , Di Vaio or Nesta did. I don't know too many MLS fans who wouldn't want to see that happen.

19. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    MLS to Downtown Santa Ana Community
    The City of Santa Ana has officially reached out to LAFC ownership to bring the team to Santa Ana by 2017.
    The City owns the current stadium site and is more than happy to work with LAFC on plans for a modern 20,000 seat stadium in the heart of the City.
    It is now up to Los Angeles Football Club and their ownership group to respond
    https://twitter.com/LAFCtoSantaAna

20. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #145 EPJr, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its kinda weird that they have a 3D imagine of Sporting KC's stadium on their twitter account, and with the old LiveStrong name...

sitruc repped this.
  22. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    anyone listen to LAFC president on ExtraTime radio? Anything interesting?

23. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Yeah, the mighty Galaxy isn't a rival in fact he is more concerned with basking in their glory.

:rolleyes:;):D

24. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? What did he say exactly to make you say this?

25. 4four4

4four4 Member+

Nov 13, 2013
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    He didn't. In another thread a LA1 fan was trolling.

Do you have a link? I am actually interested to see what they may or may not do. In my opinion this group will build a winner.