Lady Riders Have New Coach

Discussion in 'US Women's Lower Divisions' started by El Gato, Feb 12, 2003.

1. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lady Riders have made two large changes in the organization leading into the 2003 season. Last fall they hired retired goalkeeper Kim Wyant to be their general manager. And they have just announced long-time forward Cristin Burtis will be their head coach, replacing Emma Hayes, who is now the head coach at Iona. Article on the hiring of Burtis can be found here:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/socce...eb08,0,7724042.story?coll=ny-soccer-headlines

Without Wyant, Burtis and Dina Case (also retired) playing this year, the Lady Riders will have a new look on the field.

2. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Is Wyant still going to be in the front office?

3. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kim retired as GK for the Lady Riders last fall, but was then named General Manager of the club in October.

She will add the GM title to her other title of Director of Camps and Team Training.

4. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    VT
    El Gato, you seem to be up on Lady Rider news. Do you know if Jen Carlson is on their roster for 2003?

5. El Gato

El Gato Moderator

Mar 29, 2000
    Midwest
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do not have confirmation but I believe she will not be on the roster this year. Will see if I can get more info.

Lots of changes this year for a team that has relied on their veterans for quality play and leadership.

6. ManInBlack

ManInBlack New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    VT
    Thanks for checking. I've followed her career. My daughter played against her for four years here in VT during their HS days. Jen is surely the best woman player to come out of this state, and I think the best I ever saw who somehow never made it into the Nat's pool.