LA vs Fire Pre/Post match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by PZ, Aug 19, 2004.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's been a busy week, but our first chance to possibly see the infamous 3-6-1 will be this Saturday evening.

Albright is suspended but it looks like the injury worries aren't what they were. Only Danny and Joe are concerns.

2. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vagenas is listed as probable, but why bother when we have Saragosa? Unless he really screws up or gets injured, leave Vagenas on the bench.

I wonder if we will see the 3-6-1. It would be hilarious in a bad kind of way. Hopefully Sampson's not doing that. A new coach with new style and tactis: it just boggles the mind with curiousity.

3. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute, we're actually going to talk about the game!

Oh well, in that case, I would love to see what line-up Sampson goes with. There are not a lot of changes out there to make. More importantly, how much passion and cohesiveness will these players show. This team has loads of talent. I've always beena believer in the statement that, "the best coach is the guy who gets the most juice from the lemon." Evidently Hamilton thinks this aprticular lemon should be producing more.

This is a great time to get Chicago. They're struggling right now. We need a Sampson debut that produces goals, goals, goals (and three points)! Lets hope Ruiz found his form in a Guatemalan jersey, and on a personal note I would love to see our boy Jovan get back on track. That will make all these other discussions go away.

4. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember as a boy growing up in England, there was always a fear of playing a team who just got a new Manager. You never knew what to expect and the change seems to "fire up" the players. Fingers crossed.

5. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mark out Damani Ralph and put in 3 forwards, and keep Vagenas out of the game.

Just doing that will guarantee us a tie. I'll leave it to Sampson to figure out the rest. ;)

Topper

:D

6. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    PZ, good piece in your "ramblings," thanks.

Anywho,

If Sampson changes the formation for this game I'd give up on this season all together. He might as well stick Ruiz in goal and Hartman up in the front (due to Kevin's unbelievable footwork of course).

I'm sure there will be changes, but over the course of a few games. Maybe after more than three practices.

Also, a question. What happened to the Fire? Why do they suck this year?

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I should have something up on the Smurfs current crisis up by tomorrow.
    I've been wondering the same. Guess the effect of losing Bradley, Boca and DMB in a little over a year killed them.

8. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Sometimes a suck is just a suck.

9. Dammit!

Dammit! Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Mickey Mouse Land
    Does Sampson get cheered or booed tomorrow?

10. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes. Both.

11. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but .................... GO GALS!!!!! :)

12. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    totally. it's just their time to suck.

the important thing for them is will it be a single season suck, like us last year (dear god samspson don't $#% this up) or a multiple season suck like... well like all the other teams in MLS.

- d

13. KAESO

KAESO New Member

Nov 5, 2000
    San Gabriel Valley
    Is it okay if I say here that now that Sigi is gone I don't care if they trade Memo and Torres at the same time (to hopefully an A-League club).

Memo - stick the chivas .....lazy bastard.

I feel better now!!! :mad:

14. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Moreno is slow, but I feel he tries to make things happen. Torres and Memo can go, however, don't be surprised if Samspon utilizes Memo at least. Perhaps Memo might get some motivation from Sampson.

It will be interesting to see who will start, what formation is used, the style of play and which Galaxy shows up. Chicago is sucking right now; let's take advantage of that.

15. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    is 3-6-1 really this guy's only favored formation? he's never used a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 or 3-5-2 before?

so.. 3-6-1
    -----------hartman---------
    -----marshall-bo-suarez-----
    cobi---gosa--graby--broome-
    -----jovan----herzog--------
    ----------ruiz---------------

something like that?
    i guess cobi and broome's positions are supposed to be filled by wingbacks? cobi would be replaced by albright when he's back. jovan would be alright as an attacking midfielder and herzog would be great up front. maybe take out grabby and peter or sasha so we have 2 defensive mids? i'm not sure if this formation would be optimal for our situation.. hopefully this guy's learned enough from his past so he can adapt to our team's style rather than forcing the team to adapt to his style..

16. jscott23

jscott23 Member

Manchester United
    United States
    Jan 24, 2003
    Poway, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't believe everything (or anything for that matter) you read here.

17. elknco1

elknco1 Member

Aug 20, 2004
    hehe thats always good advice. but theres also some truth behind every rumor.. is anyone one these boards close to this guy and can shed some light on his tactics and tendencies?

18. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to this mornings La Opinion. Ty is trying to get back from Jamaica. Seems his passport disappeared while on the island. He's a doubt for tonight. Also, expect Sampson to play a 442 tonight. Looks like even with the coach change, it'll look like the lineup Sigi would have named.

19. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did you really expect him to come in adn make wholesale changes after two full days of practice? lets see what he does on 9/11 V SJ

20. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember, this is Steve Sampson. ;)

Most G fans seem to be expecting the worst so if things go well, it'll be a bonus. :p

21. fangalaxy

fangalaxy Member

Dec 16, 2000
    San Dimas, CA
    I think Sampson will do a nice job. I was not too fond of Sigi, and I felt that the team was underachieving. I'd like to see how and if Sampson plays Sasha, and Vagenas. I hope this is the beginning of the end for both of these guys in Galaxy uniforms.

22. Adidas343

Adidas343 Member

Sep 8, 2003
    Diamond Bar, CA
    I expected us to play much sweep them fire.
    Sampson's first match...uhh dissapointing!! in my opinion.

23. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    FUERA STEVE!

hamilton fired sigi for this? i wasn't expecting us to come out like arsenal or anything, but tying at home to the worst team in the league. #$%& that.

tactics = sigi
    formation = sigi
    substitutions != sigi, but prove that memo doesn't deserve to be in this league. F U memo, whine all you want bitch, but you were given a shot tonight and sucked. enjoy playing for chivas light.

where was the new coach bounce? where was the "i need to show steve i'm a starter"?, where was the "sigi lost this team, see what we can do with him gone"?

we needed to win every game at home post the all-star break. this season is over. we finish 3rd or 4th and get bounced in the first round again. let's just hope it's not the quakes who drop us. dammit this season is like watching last years play-offs in slow motion. awesome start followed by a total collapse.

FUERA STEVE

24. Centennial

Centennial Member+

Apr 4, 2003
    Centennial
    Best team in MLS playing in front of a capacity crowd at home against the worst team in MLS.

Sampson's off to a great start!!

(maybe he'll turn the Galaxy around and become a Mr. Hanki immitator).

25. feyenoord!!

feyenoord!! Member

Jun 1, 2004
    USA

brother, I got news for ya, Galaxy have not been the best team in MLS for at least 11 games now.....they are about even with the Fire I might say as tonight results clearly indicates.