La @ Sj [r]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by genpabloescobar, Nov 9, 2003.

1. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Of all the people to score the game-winner...

....Rodrigo bleeping Faria.

2. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the mls officials are crying, they wanted LA in the final so they could be assured of a sell out. Good, la didn't deserve a home game and I'm glad they lost.

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That was an awesome game, though. I don't know if I'm happy to see the Gals get stuffed, or scared to see SJ wake up. Either way, it looks like Faria might just recover from all his troubles this year. I'm sorta happy for him, he's pointing up to dad quite a bit in his celebrations, and he looks soo happy. Awww... :rolleyes:

To come back from 4-0 down on aggregate, though, that's f-ing incredible.

I think our job just got harder...

4. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it might have been easier for the fire to have had la win and then lose in kc friday than to have to face SJ in MLS cup 2003. SJ will now probably beat KC at home but I didn't want to go to the MLS cup if LA was going to be in it,so I'm still glad they lost.

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, but now have Baby Jesus is still in the competition, so the guys upstairs have something to market. And people will travel from San Jose...

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me reading the paper this morning: "...holy s**t!
    My dad making coffee: "What?"
    Me: "San Jose beat LA 4-2 and Faria won it in the Mini game."
    My dad: "Holy s**t!"

7. HalaMadrid

HalaMadrid Member

Apr 9, 1999
    Man, freaking Rick Davis. Fer chrissakes, it's not a damn 'minigame'. He didn't even have the playoff rules from previous season right.

8. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    I started following the event log off the MLS website about 15 minutes into the game, with LA up 2-0....and as a lark I muttered "Ah, 4-0, the most dangerous lead in soccer"....

Who knew it was?

9. -cman-

-cman- New Member

Apr 2, 2001
    Clinton, Iowa
    You know, for a game where 7 goals were scored it was a not a pretty thing to watch. L.A. just looked lost after the 26th minute. By the time the second or third goal was scored just after halftime I think everyone in the stadium save Sigi knew what the final result was going to be.

The only player for L.A. who looked like he wanted to get another goal (at least until the score turned to 3-2) was Moreno who was working his ass off all night. I couldn't believe that he was still making runs and edging past the defenders late in the game. He looked completely spent.

I also coudn't believe that Alex Prus let the tackles come in as hard as he did. Very lucky no-one was seriously injured either team could and should have ended up with nine men. Just because it's the playoffs and it looks like SJ might have a chance to climb that 4 goal mountain is no excuse to allow the kind of challenges that went on there. Only one card in the second half, ridiculous.

10. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They might even have to take two cars this year.

I just read the pbp on the Galaxy boards. Man, that was fun following the meltdown that way.

That'll teach 'em not to be able to win on the road.

11. lethargytartare

lethargytartare Member+

Oct 2, 2000
    Magrathea, Horsehead Nebula
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    ...more ridiculously bad officiating for the MLS - on SJ's 2nd or 3rd goal - the one where the SJ dude got a clean break in on Hartman - SJ guy looked to be a couple yards offside, but no flag, so he dribbles in on Hartman, who comes 2 yards out of his box and just annihilates the guy right as he lays the ball off for Donovan, who scores and then takes a wicked cheap shot from Marshall as he runs to retrieve the ball. Donovan, who took the hit on the leg and hip, then curls up into the fetal position holding his head. By my count that's a red card for hartman, a second yellow for Marshall, and a yellow for donovan in addition to a suitable beating for being a jackass. I wanna say Brian Hall saw all this and said not. one. word. pathetic.

but a fun game if you hate LA as much as most of us do. :)

m

12. VortexUnited

VortexUnited New Member

Dec 5, 2000

Yeah, I was in tears of joy and laughter through most of the 2nd half and into the Golden Goal OT period. Man, LA really Sucks!