La Selecta Thread: 2024 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A 3-0 loss not much to take from this game since it was a bunker fest. People outside of El Salvador seeing that Darwin isn’t at that level of a NT player anymore as compared to the local media saying he is one of “best options a needed” says everything.

Nelson Bonilla suffered an injury so currently unless the Gil brothers join the squad soon we will be going into the Honduras game with no strikers.

2. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I bet African, Caribbean and Filipino fans don’t care when their teams are stacked with European and/or American-born players who perform better and stronger than the “locals” :rolleyes:

The Philippines women’s NT played in the women’s World Cup last year for the first time, and their team only had ONE player who was born in the Philippines.

Nah, speak your piece. It’s a [dying] forum and morale is at the point where I feel absolutely nothing about drawing to Bonaire and losing two of our best Salvadoran-American players in recent memory.

Salv_x repped this.
  3. Salv_x

Salv_x New Member

Jul 3, 2023
    #53 Salv_x, Mar 23, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    To preface. My wife is Dominican. I go to the DR often, and while we share similarities. I have yet to ever meet someone with any resentment or hate towards anyone in their community. They embrace anyone who is even a fraction of their heritage. Any baseball player with an inch of Dominican heritage is celebrated. Whats worse is, I grew up in a deep Mexican community, and experienced the "pocho" labels. So it's not like I havent seen this. I wanted to believe we were above that.

I wanted to believe those sentiments were coming from the echo chambers online. The team aside, this chasm that's being created between the local and expat community? Seeing it now is really disheartening to me, but yall are right. It shouldn't be shocking knowing the naunces of our profile as a community. Hell, I'm there this week.

Taking a deep breathe, it goes back to my first post I made last summer. Raul Diaz Arce made it known, and hasn't backed down from it. I think my hope all along was he was wrong. But it's a prevavisve culture element that only we know is there. *rant over*

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Line-up for tonight’s game.

Game is on Fox deportes for those that have it in the states.

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A 1-1 final, the game was a tale of two halves. We looked real good in the first and Honduras in the second. What we learned is that Ceren and Bonilla are past it and they need to move on quickly before WCQ begin.

Speaking of WCQ Anguilla advance in PKs against Turks and Caicos so our opponents are set.

Puerto Rico had a series against Belize resulting in a 1-1 draw and a 3-0 defeat. Now in regards to the results this was an experimental squad by the Puerto Ricans.

Suriname played against Martinique which resulted in a 1-1 draw.

Willsant87 repped this.
  7. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Weeks behind sorry about that.
    First some devastating news Enrico Duñas is done for the foreseeable future as he needs season ending surgery on his knee. He’s been carrying nagging injuries most of the season, I hope the kid is doing alright because those are just continuous blows to your confidence.

-El Salvador will be facing Peru on July 14th

8. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Nations League draw is underway, we are in League B group A.

El Salvador
    Montserrat
    St. Vincent & The Grenadines
    Bonaire

lmao so our never ending feud with Montserrat continues also we get Bonaire who was supposed to be used as confidence booster.

slaminsams and edcalvi repped this.
  9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Welp Puerto Rico with a huge get.

10. mavericks67

mavericks67 Member

Jun 11, 2009
    Club:
    Alianza FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This generation of Selecta players gives no hope. Which in reality is all I ask for, so we can dream and hope for a miracle. Our best future looks doomed out First division continues to be stuck in the 1980's, our fields continue to be of the worst of the area, our youth has no system in place to developed the future stars. It will take a drastic change and there is no way in hell this SELECTA goes to a world cup in the next 8-12 years.

11. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    News and updates
    First off the women had two friendlies against Bolivia and won both.

The first encounter they came from behind to take a 2-1 win, Victoria Sanchez scored both goals (54, 90+2)

This is from Bolivian television and yes I know them leaving out the El is very disrespectful.

The second encounter they won 2-0 with Victoria Sanchez (15) once again scoring and Samantha Fisher (32) getting in on the fun.

Let’s hope this opens the door for more friendlies against higher level competition.

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The call-up list for the men.

A very notable absence is Mayer Gil which the most that was heard is a “coaches decision”, which I just find insane.
    Brayan Gil picked up an injury so he will not be available for these encounters. Now usually I’m very down on the strikers but so far this is probably one of the better season for guys in the local league especially for Styven Vasquez who was the top goal scorer in the league.

The journey for La Selecta begins on Thursday.

13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Suriname defeats St. Vincent & The Grenadines 4-1 to lead the group for today.

Also *sigh* for those who want to watch the games in the states.

14. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    You can still access the game on Concacaf's YouTube channel if you have a VPN and connect to the UK or any other European country.

kgzero and Grimmjow316 repped this.
  15. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  16. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Abysmal first half the line-up just wasn’t it.

So far a halftime sub Jairo in for Climaco.

17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Fan base letting Bonilla have it over his cruddy performance.

Francis Castillo in for Nelson Bonilla
    Julio Sibrian in for Narciso Orellana

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    This team is real devoid of ideas it’s bad, real bad.

Willsant87 repped this.
  19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Also Jairo should have seen a red we are lucky to be playing with 11. Putting all our hopes on a young man like Castillo is messed up, what’s the point of having called up veterans if they are going to provide nothing.

20. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    A very useful point!

Willsant87 repped this.
  21. ElChero

ElChero Member

Feb 16, 2012
    They get away with their poor performances because we're so supportive, through thick and thin. Us fans enable the poor results through our unconditional love. If no one showed out, they'd probably get their sh*t together. It's a business at the end of the day.

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Well when you keep bringing back garbage like Neto Gochez the federation doesn’t care.

Had they’ve been smart they would have done everything in their power to bring in Diego Henriquez to run FESFUT we would have had a way better transition. I know he still needs to play ball with the other parasites (club presidents) but he would have been a better option than what we got from FIFA.

23. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Starting XI for today. Game is in 40 minutes.

24. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    People have their limits though.

For those of you with kids, just steer them towards supporting USMNT or Canada. They’ll probably grow up less disappointed and not experiencing as much heartbreak as we do :ROFLMAO: