La Selecta Thread: 2024 Edition

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by Grimmjow316, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Canada up 3-0 in the 28th minute. Canada is doing what our girls should be getting punished for more often, they are having an easy time. Meanwhile we are trying the long passes but don’t have the speed to get behind those balls.

3. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    6-0 smack down from Canada. Acuña came out really offensive, and that can hurt us in the long run. Sunday vs CR, we NEED to win that game. Then keep on eye on the game vs Paraguay…

4. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Didn’t like Acuña saying the girls played “scared” that’s the same foolish line we hear from the mediocre coaches back home. Feels like deflecting for him trying to use an offensive line-up when he should have opted for a more counterattack base. Especially since the whole offensive scheme was feed Brenda the ball the same could have been done in a counterattacking setup.

Line-up for tonight’s game.

5. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    A 2-0 defeat they played better but still gave up the goals at bad times.

This tournament has been very key at exposing weaknesses in the Acuña scheme and philosophy. One thing that is very infuriating is that the girls love to opt to trying for the golazo instead of making the correct pass to a teammate close by. You will see that a lot and I mean a lot in their games it’s very frustrating to watch.

One more thing I learned is that the coaching staff doesn’t really review tape which is insane. Supposedly the way it was worded is Acuña isn’t a fan of it, but I want to believe it’s just that the resources aren’t available. Still pretty damming especially with how easily you can obtain footage of Canada and Costa Rica, Paraguay I will say would be more of a challenge.

6. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  7. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Said it before and I’ll say it again: Acuna has his people. He’s a tool and while he’s had success, he clearly isn’t the coach to continue growing ESWNT. The issue is now who would step up?
    He’s a one trick pony. He doesn’t know how to rotate and he doesn’t know how to switch styles either. Hopefully they can at least score in the Paraguay game.

8. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Updates on the u20s, who are playing the prelims to the prelims, being led by the Spaniard.
    they’re in group B, along with Antigua & Barbados , Suriname, Turks & Caicos, and Guayana. They played the first game on the 21 vs Turks & Caicos, beating them 7-0. The scorers are:
    • Christopher Argueta26'
    • Daniel Espana37'
    • Walter Menjívar41'
    • Wilber Diaz67', 80'
    • Darwin Lopez90'+1
    • Nelson Diaz90'+3
    They played the second game vs Guayana tying 2-2. Guyana scored 5’ in then we tied around the 35 min. Red card to our CB in the second minute of the second half, we scored going up 2-1 then Guyana tied it 2-2 in the 85 with a pen. We’re top of the group with 4 points, seems it’ll be between us and Antigua/Suriname. Only first place passes.

9. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I have a thread for the youngsters.
    https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/la-azulita-thread.2128997/

10. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    The best game they played and it wasn’t aired on live television lol.

They went with everything but Paraguay squeezed out a win in the end ending the game 3-2 in their favor. Samantha Fisher and Danielle Fuentes were the goalscorers.

Blue_nation724 repped this.
  11. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    A shame that the women, who achieved 3rd place in 2023 Central American and Caribbean Games, failed to win a single game at the 2024 W Gold Cup.

It seems like the vast majority of the US-based players are playing college football, with the exception of Sam Fisher who plays in the NWSL. Hopefully that changes soon and we see more playing professionally like those in LigaMX Femenil.

Any reason why Viviana Villacorta from Orlando Pride hasn’t been called up to ES?

12. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    She was called up around 2-3 years ago But wasn’t on the final list at the time. This was before she was drafted by Orlando also she suffered a torn ACL the year she was drafted since she opted to finish school first I believe that coincides with the timeline of her first call-up.

She was probably hoping to get a call from either the US (95% sure) or even Peru. I mean our gals were eeh at the time.

La Trucha repped this.
  13. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    @La Trucha to continue some of the other girls play in amateur leagues in the US outside of those in the NCAA. Nicaragua seems to be the most consistent home for a number of our gals since our league is real poor.

Currently if he really wants to improve he needs to quit being stubborn and open it up to different call-ups from both the local and abroad, he also needs to evolve his tactics and catch up to now. The real challenge is getting friendlies the way the women’s calendar is built is funky.

La Trucha repped this.
  14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    #39 Grimmjow316, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Call-up list for the upcoming friendlies against Bonaire, Argentina and Honduras.

A few notes both Zavaleta and Roldan were called but declined. Cabalceta and Dueñas are returning from injuries and need minutes hence why they are absent. Castillo who played fro Nicaragua U20 was approached I assume paperwork is the reason.

15. La Trucha

La Trucha Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 16, 2009
    42 Wallaby Way, Sydney
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I thought Darwin Ceren was arrested for sexual assault charges. Is he still playing like usual?

16. Blue_nation724

Blue_nation724 Member+

Mar 16, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Yes, I’m not sure what happened with the case but he’s been playing for Águila in the league. The unfortunate state of our football…

speaking of, today Alex Roldán stepped aside and said he would not accept any future callups, citing not being committed 100% & disappointment in the way things run over in ES. No comment from me on this tbh.

17. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

I mean what else can be done but respect his decision.

All we will see the rest of the week is a bunch of shitty journalist and former players say “No tienen amor a la camiseta.” Which after what we’ve seen with the Gil brothers and the issues the went through yesterday they would be better off just STFU.

18. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    My concern comes with trying to recruit more players born abroad and seeing the actions that Roldán and Zavaleta have taken. It’s amazing that FIFA is essentially running FESFUT and they’ve done an even worse job than what we had under the last administration.

19. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  20. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
  21. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    So um yeah the results just get more and more embarrassing the managed a 1-1 draw against Bonaire.
    The goal Bonaire “scored” was pathetic.

Pablo Punyed tied the game for us. This game was meant to be a break the streak and instead the winless drought continues.

22. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Meanwhile the Gil brothers wasting time back home when they should have just stayed in Colombia…

23. Salv_x

Salv_x New Member

Jul 3, 2023
    After reading twitter and reddit. I'm shocked at the attitude and resentment some Salvadorans have about the foreign make up of the team. And they insult the "diasporitos" for not biting through the issues. I've always felt there was a bit of a culture clash, but I'm starting to think it's deeper than I thought. Morale is obviously low. I'll save my own opinions as to not sink the knife any deeper.

Willsant87 repped this.
  24. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    When it’s echoed by the media and coaches around the league it shouldn’t be shocking we just suffered through that with the youth side with that fool Kiko Henriquez. We had a real good base to build from with U20 squad that sadly didn’t make it to the WC but played probably the best offensive football we’ve seen in a long time, instead he tore all that up and went with a team of mostly local players and they didn’t win a game. If it wasn’t for Hugo twisting his arm he never would have called up Enrico and the GK who plays in Spain amongst the bunch and even that was short lived.

Go ahead and post away your opinions brother morale is in the dirt it ain’t getting any worse lol.

Salv_x and Willsant87 repped this.
  25. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador