La Seleccion de Futbol de Ecuador 2008

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by BigSoccer Bot, Mar 28, 2007.

1. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    I agree with your assessment except for a very big factor, which is motivation - in this case it is 100% on England's U-21 side. Almost all the guys on the Ecuadorian team are experienced guys playing in foreign leagues, and many of them are also solid first-team players. They will be protecting their legs.

As Ecuadorian fans we are all quite puzzled as to the point of this friendly, other than $$$ from Spain-based Ecuadorians.

2. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://www.eluniverso.com/2009/02/09/1/1372/6D77F4D949D64E4B987586BF41BFAAAA.html

Vizuete quoted me today in official statements to El Universo :)

Also he supported my comments about preferring to play in Quito :)

It's obvious that the FEF is making decisions for $$$ reasons against Vizuete's will, and not for the good of the team. I hope this ends well.

3. Quilotoa

Quilotoa Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Brasilia, Brazil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  4. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  5. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Of course England scores the first goal on a terrible defensive blunder. I'm telling you this game was a bad idea...I can hear the jokes already.

6. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    2-0. I told you. This is going to be an embarrassment of historic proportions. Total f%cking distaster.

Prestige is everything in football, in this game we have everything to lose, and nothing to win. Any prestige we had coming from the 2006 WC has now been lost. As far as big countries like England are concerned, we are a joke, since their U-21 side is handing us our ass.

Nice job Chiriboga. You moron. Scrapping together these useless friendlies in Spain may make a quick buck today, but in the long-run nobody will show up to watch a poor quality display. Worst of all, this does damage to the reputation of our players in the international market.

7. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yikes, England U21 2-0 Ecuador, at HT. Adam Johnson and Fraizer Campbell net the goals.
    On a more pleasing note for you guys, this match is actually classed as England U21 vs Ecuador U23, so if any of you are a bit embarrassed, this should be pushed aside on knowing that it is the U23 side that are losing, and not the true Ecuador.

8. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  9. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It's not our U-23. About 5 of our first team guys are out there. The problem is we are missing our 2 "stars", Valencia and Benitez, as well as our 2 central defenders, Hurtado and Espinoza. And frankly, we have never had any depth, so the replacements are a big drop-off in quality.

The biggest issue is now our attack, with Caicedo not seeing regular first-team action, and Palacios, who has been given MANY chances but is NOT national team material.

Our U-21 would probably give a better showing, they are actually very good and would have been motivated for this match.

10. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    CHRISTIAN F***CKING NOBOA!! Changed the game in 2 minutes!!

11. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The 2nd half sees the real Ecuador awaken, and the match pans out as it should. Joffre Guerron, Pablo Palacios, and Felipe Caicedo net 2nd half goals to put Ecuador 3-2 up.

12. GW Emperor

GW Emperor New Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Result: Ecuador 3 - 2 England U21

Ecuador Goal Scorers: Guerron (53), Palacios (54), Caicedo (82).

England U21 Goal Scorers: Johnson (14), Campbell (42).

13. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Leave it to Ecuador to turn what was supposed to be an fairly easy sparring match into a last-gasp nail-biter. I can't remember the last time we had a comfortable victory. I think it was late 2006 against Peru.

14. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2007??? First post-Suarez match, wasn't it?

15. Argentine Futbol

Argentine Futbol Red Card

Feb 21, 2003
    Old Greenwich, CT
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    it just amazes me why MATAMBA is playing for the NT.. I use to nutmeg him all the damn time.. he was always horrible. what a jackass of a coach.

16. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Anyone know where I can watch a recording of this match? Or maybe just highlights?

17. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Fox Soccer Channel usually shows stuff from all over.

18. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
  19. damnecuadorian

Mar 11, 2007
    SF & NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
  20. sebas/Liga De Quito

Feb 18, 2007
    Tampa, Fl
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    la sele needs to step it up...we cant go to africa playing like that.... we need the sub kids more time in the la sele...time for a new golie Dida??