la liga on espn

Discussion in 'Spain' started by MADRIZ, Oct 25, 2003.

1. MADRIZ

MADRIZ New Member

Jan 11, 2002
    CALIFORNIA
    la liga is back on espn in latin america. I'm glad for all madrid fans and even for mario!

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i heard english commentating will be available.

3. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I have read a little new about that in "Diario AS" newspaper today:

"ESPN retomó ayer sus emisiones en directo de la Liga española para Norteamerica (en ingles) y Suramerica (en castellano) con un doble programa de lujo: Real Madrid - Racing y Deportivo - Valencia"

In English:

"ESPN retook yesterday its live emissions of la liga for North America (in English) and South America (in Spanish) with a double luxury program: Real Madrid - Racing and Deportivo - Valencia"

If it is true, the people will be able to see the big games (Real Madrid, Valencia, Deportivo,Real Sociedad, Betis) this year in ESPN in USA.

The problem will be that will not be able to see the games of the small teams (Barcelona, Murcia, Español, Albacete, ...). I was joking ;).

4. neovox

neovox Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Sul do Brasil
    And in Portuguese (ESPN Brasil).

Now ESPN Brasil shows La Liga, EPL, Serie A and Bundesliga: 7 matches this weekend.

5. rangers00

rangers00 Member

Jun 1, 2000
    ESPN USA has not had any interest to broadcast la Liga for quite a few years. The last time it appeared on ESPN USA, it was tape-delayed on ESPN2 during the wee hours, as well as on ESPN Extra on PPV.

Since GolTV has already got the American rights, I don't think ESPN can put it on ESPN deportes even if it's able to launch. 2004-05 may be a different story.

6. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver

Lucky motherfucker

7. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    :)

8. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Ohh maaan!!! you only need argie footie and you have my whole cable service in one channel! in ES it's EPL and argie footie in Fox and ESPN got Liga and Calcio!