La Liga : General Discussion 18/19

Discussion in 'Spain' started by RealMadridista, Sep 8, 2018.

1. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow another bad night for Gareth ? :(
    Nothing works tonight

2. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lupe keep yelling for the to press
    They just dont care

3. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That Lula VAR goal and had Gareth scored 1 of those 3 huge chances :( would hVe been different story

4. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I hope Marcy is not injured
    That would be disastrous for us

5. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Everyone should have run as much as Mariano Ran tonight

6. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dani Ceballos continues to be the most fauled player in La Liga [emoji51]

7. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know Courtois is not to blame but Varane and Ramos are not used to Him
    Navas commands them also i think
    Its gonna be little struggle till they get used to each other

8. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a goal by bilbao

9. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sevilla stormed in the second half with Benega showing world class display to beat Mighty Eibar 3:1

Guy is in great form as is FC Seville

10. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nacho has been in bad form :(

11. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Girona just cant catch a break.I know i know i am Madrid fan but there is something about this Girona side that i loved last season.

Portu who was supposed to move to Seville (and this was suppose to be his peak of career while i think he is really underrated) Got a thigh injury and after finally scoring 2 goals he was subbed..Juanpe and Aday also got injured in the game and were taken off
    Key player that they actually miss this season is also injured and that is Mojica..He was projected to be back on track by now but apparently he picked up another injury and will be out probably for the remaining of the season..

I really love this guy.Had immense world cup also and was expecting this to be his break out season where big teams will line up to get him..

not only that Steuani also picked up some injury after stellar start mostly from the bench (he was top scorer before this week Aspas scoring hat-trick

But Girona still doing good.And one good in all of this bad is that Ramalho is actually back from injury But the amazing 3-5-2 to works the best with Mojica on the left.But they are still managing to keep up and are in the middle of the table and i think they will easily keep their first league status this season and if these injuries stop maybe top 10 place too..

12. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Another interesting team and ore of a situation this season is Athletic Bilbao

One of the Columns of their defense last season Unai Nunez is (one of the most promising CBs in the league and in Spain in general) has not played at all.One game i think..On the other hand BIlbao who is not a team who concedes a lot have conceded 15 goals
    And this is cos Inigo Martinez is not at his best this season.And for some strange reason Yeray got Unai's spot without the youngsters even given a chance to continue the great performance from last season.

That Said Bilbao does seem loaded in defense and probably in attack too.Iniaki has been amazing and Muniain (knock on the wood) is finally at least playing some more minutes and is always immense

Susaeta after an amazing start slowed down a bit but yeah Bilbao is quite loaded in defense and I would monitor close Unai's development i was just hoping to see him in action more but Yeray has actually been amazing and Inigo is automatic starter although i think Unai should get his spot if he continues with bad performances

13. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Now have you seen a team that plays flat 4-4-2?
    Getafe

Arguably the best Center BAck tandems in the league Djene and Bruno have conceded only 8 goals (only ATM with 5 and Real Valladolid,Yes REAL VALLADOLID with 7 have conceded less) than GEtafe.

When Real Madrid beat them 2:0 i remember people were saying.Its just Getafe but this is arguably second strongest defensive team in La Liga.

I do not know how but Jose Bordalas manages to have two big CFs up front in a world where 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 is a must these days.Angel and Molina have been quite the duo and oen of the teams is follow almost every week

Watching Getafe play is like watching Premier League from 15 years ago.And when Madrid beat them it gave me a hope..Bt they are above us not on the table and i predict they will fight for 5-6 spot till the end of the season.

who would have funk that 4-4-2 would still work .And no their defense is not dynamic there is no shifting of switching to 5-3-2.Its just flat 4-4-2 with Djene and Bruno practically setting up a wall week in and week out.

i am wondering who will be the first to break this duo and snatch one of the two CBs away

14. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Since i am obsessed with CBs.(ironically someting that Madrid lacks at these days) ill finish this with Hermosso(Espanyol for who Madrid has buy back of 7 mil and shoudl absolutely GET back) and Calero (Valladolid)

These two have been in cracking form..I dont even know who is better.Both are skippers (bartra alike) and both have been pretty much commanding the entire team performances.
    Espanyol have conceded also 8 goals and is one of the toughest teams to beat.
    this week there was a clash between two very defensive organized teams and it resulted in 1:1

if i had to bet before the game on a result for this game i would have put all of my money on 0:0

Defense can bring you results i guess and so far this season this is actually what propelled most of the teams in the top section of the table

Teams like Getafe,Pespanyol and even Valladolid. are way ahead of the likes of Valencia and Villareal (who is actually 4th from bottoms up) who invested all their money in attacking players and still cant win games.Not saying that Valencia does not have a good defense since they also conceded only 8 goals but it seems to m e like every time i watch them they are wayyyy more exposed than the likes on Getafe and Espanyol..Plus the reason they have 8 draws is cos their entire team is defending in big parts of the game so there is a lot less time for the attack to do anything while GEtafe with the flat 4-4-2 creates lot more chances.And not ot forget Neto has been absolutely outstanding (probably saving them more than 3 times this season from debacle)

Few great defenders popping up this season wich last years new/old revelation i Mark Bartra having a bit of a dip of form Although Sidnei was a great purchase and Betis defense looks lot better than last season they continue to leak goals.this time against Getafe...

Fun start of the season and very very evened out teams.this will be one of the most interesting La Ligas in years and about the amazing run of Deportivo Alaves maybe next time

15. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vinicius running the show for Madrid vs Mellila

16. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If there is one thing j like about Solari is that he has balls to bench anyone

If he stays our coach people will witness this

And also great subs in the half time

45 mins for my boi Fede

17. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    CRISTOOOOO with his debut for for Madridddd
    Future is bright for our youngster

We played with so much fire and urgency

Well done guys

18. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Navas apparently will be back at the goalkeeper spot for Madrid

And rightfully so.we need a commanding goalie

19. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Atletico Drops points against the stubborn Leganes

20. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Same 3 in the midfield

And no Vini starting

Meh

21. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Luka has been atrocious :(

22. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We are unwatchable at this moment

This is disaster of performance once again

Fede Llorente and Ceballos would do lot better

Vinicius would do wonders here

And why is Odriazola shitting in his pants
    Has not done jack shit of what he did in Copa Del ray

Gareth is soooo slow
    Luka Disaster

23. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So apparently Portu suffered a muscular injury and is expected him to be out for 2-4 weeks

Juanpe also shared similar fate

Both best scorers of Girona Portu and Stuani will be out if the team against Valencia

24. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidanes tactic was to play very slow tempo in the first half and then have frenetic second half
    Lets see if this happens now

To make sure you don't concede (we conceded many times before whilst messing up the tactic)

Luckily for us Valladolid cant score or they dont even try
    For god sake they don't even play Ivi(their most technical player)

ThAt said if the tactic stays the same we will give Valladolid hell for the first 30 mins of the second half

The question is will we manage to not concede cheap goal from counter attack

Unal is more than capable to damage ys if we get carried out in our frenetic attacking

I do expect us to score anyways

Luka has been so out of form and i think we need Vinicius in.
    So id do exactly this sub and pull Asencio deeper where he usually plays better

25. RealMadridista

RealMadridista Member+

Aug 21, 2006
    Chicago Il
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Raguilon has x10 bigger balls than Odriazola