La liga. Game 8. Real Madrid - Racing de Santander [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Oct 25, 2003.

1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    The third (RM) against the Fifth (Racing Santader).

Racing is playing very good in the begining of the season, and it is one of the surprises of this year and they have scored 8 goals in the last 2 games.

RM is playing more solid each game. Today will play Guti or Cambiasso because Beckham is injured. The starting team could be:

Casillas
    Salgado, Pavon, Raul Bravo, Roberto Carlos
    Figo, Guti, Helguera, Zidane
    Raul, Ronaldo

The game will be at 7:30 p.m, central european time.

2. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Real Madrid vs. Racing de Santander (R)

At the Bernabeu. No Beckham, out with a muscle strain I think picked up against Partizan on Wednesday. Guti will most likely partner with Helguera in the middle. Racing is 6th in the league right now.

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    whoops

madrid forever you beat me to it. can a moderator merge this thread?

4. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    whoops there it is

My pleasure. :)

5. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    zidane played really well today. fantastic goal for Zizou on the full volley from the cross by Ronaldo. nice work in transition and setting up Figo who crossed right in front of Ricardo for the Raul to tap in the second goal. Raul gets a third off the deflection from a strong shot by Solari in the dying moments of the game.

interesting that Queiroz continues to replace Ronaldo with Solari rather than Portillo. Solari's done well when he's been on the field, actually, so I don't see it as a problem.

6. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I think that Racing has been the best team that it has played in the Bernabeu this year. We have serious problems in the first 20 minutes, because they played very good. The rest of the game they also played very good, but RM begins to play better.

Zidane played very good all the game. He was the best player on the pitch. His goal - the first RM goal - was amazing. it remembers me the goal of the Champions League 2002 final against Bayern Leverkusen.

I think that the team played better when Guti and Solari entered in the field instead Ronaldo and Cambiasso. I'm agree with bkn0528, Solari played perfect in his 15-20 minutes on the field.

Guti isn't one of the most appreciated players by the Real Madrid supporters, i would say that he is the less appreciated. Yesterday, when he failed his second pass many people - not the mayority - begins to whisle. Then, when Real Madrid scored the second goal he made a gesture of whistle to the people. A very bad decision, although the people be mistaken, what you must do is play. Well, after that half of the stadium begins to whisle him and half of the stadium applaud him - myself included. I wasn't applauding his gesture, that was vrey wrong, i was supporting him because i think that the people is too very severe whisle him when he made his first mistake.

Well, we are now the seconds with 19 points, the same points than Valencia, and 2 points behind Deportivo.

The next tuesday we play against Zaragoza in Zaragoza. It seems that Beckham could play this game, although it is not sure.

7. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cambiasso in a rare start:
    [​IMG]

Bobby Charles actually playing some defense:
    [​IMG]

9. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems you didn't see him make the gesture of putting his fingers to his mouth after one of his mistakes.

He apologized to the fans on TV after the match.

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20031026dasdai_64&anchor=dasftbA00&type=Tes&d_date=

Hasn't there been a cloud of suspicion over Guti's head since the Bibi Anderson rumors years ago?

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was thinking to ask the same question. Portillo seemed to have been ignored this season. How many minutes did he play so far?

11. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    No i didn't see the gesture of whisle, i was celebrating the goal, what i saw was that many people was whisle him since he entered in the field and he failed a pass

Hasn't there been a cloud of suspicion over Guti's head since the Bibi Anderson rumors years ago?

Yeah, I think that this type of prejuicious has made him much damage. This rumours were when he was 18 or 19 years old, 6 or 7 years ago. Now he has a family and he is father of two childs.

Yeah, Excape Goat, I think that Portillo musn't be very happy. It seems that Solari, Guti and Cambiasso are ahead him in the Queiroz preferences.

12. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    How did Cambiasso play?

13. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    bibi anderson rumors?

14. anirbanblah

anirbanblah New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    India
    I thought it was a lousy performance actually, with the genius of Zidane being the big difference between the teams.
    Cambiasso was poor, the midfield did not fight much, Figo had his poorest game of the season and the defence looked shaky especially on corners.
    At times I was reminded of the Valencia game, especially in terms of how often we gave the ball away and the lack of commitment in tackling when trying to win the ball back.
    I know that Figo made the cross for the equaliser but I also feel that Querioz made a mistake in taking off Ronaldo for Solari. Ronaldo was looking quite good all match and it was crazy to sub a forward for a midfielder, especially when you already had an under-performing right winger. I'd have liked to have seen Figo replaced by Solari and Ronaldo kept on.
    MadridForever, I don't see what so many people like abou Guti actually. I think that when Beckham/Helguera don't play, instead of Cambiasso or Guti, Solari should start on the left with Zidane in the middle.
    Solari is just unbelievable at times... I can't think of too many better players (Rivaldo for one) who are not on their club first teams.

15. Sinko

Sinko New Member

Dec 28, 1999
    xalapa ver mx
    Club:
    Harrisburg City Isl.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel sorry for Guti for the stigma

He was photographed by the paprazzi allegedly "out" with Bibi Anderson. Much was made of it in the press, and as a result he has suffered abuse ever since.

If you don't know who Bibi Anderson is, then do a Google search. Please don't post any links. :eek:

16. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    oh my God, I wish I'd never asked.

17. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    They were only rumours, i never saw any photo about that. I only hear the rumour 6 or 7 years ago. The yellow press in Spain is even worse than the yellow press in England.

18. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Am I the only one that is still holding out hope that Cambiasso will suitably replace Makelele?