La Liga. Game 4. Malaga vs Real Madrid

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Sep 21, 2003.

1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    La Liga. Game 4. Malaga vs Real Madrid [R]

After the two great last games against Valladolid in la liga and against Marseille in champions, we play against the Malaga in Malaga.

Helguera hasn't traveled with the team and it seems that will play Raul Bravo again as centerback.

The starting line up could be:

--------------------Casillas
    Salgado------Pavon---Raul Bravo----Roberto Carlos
    Figo---------Beckham--Cambiasso
    ----------------------Zidane
    ----------------Raul-------Ronaldo

There has been a polemic these week about the price of the tickets in Malaga, because Malaga has put a price of $220 for each ticket. In my opinion a very very expensive price.

Speaking about the game, after the tie against Villareal, i hope that we can win these game. It is very important to win games away home.

Note for the moderators: I have forgotten to put [R] in the title and i can change it. Thank you.

2. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    The result being given in this thread, which was started during the game, goes without saying. :)

Málaga - Madrid 1-3
    Goals by Ronaldo, Beckham - Edgar - and Guti

It's an away win, but one against the second last team in the league at the moment. So I guess it's good, just not that good. ;)

Found today there's no champion's league football this week, so Madrid can take all week to prepare for a more difficult away match against Valencia next sunday.

3. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Did anyone see the match?

4. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I haven't seen the first 20 minutes because i though that the game was at 10 p.m, :( but i saw the rest of the game.

It wasn't a very good game, but it is always good win away home. Although as Oscar has said the rival team isn't in its best moment.

The new of the game was the first goal of Beckham by free kick in la liga!!!! very good goal!!. Figo, Roberto Carlos and Beckham were near the ball. Figo moved the ball,RC began to run, it seemed that Roberto Carlos was going to shot, the goalkeeper moved to his left and then Beckham made a great shot to the right of the goalkeeper that was impossible to save. it was the Real Madrid second goal.

The first goal of Real Madrid was a corner of Beckham, Zinade touched a little the ball with his head and Ronaldo pushed the ball over the line.

And the third goal was a great play, one of the few of this game, Between Beckham, Cambiasso and figo. Figo give the ball to guti that kick the ball passover the GK.

The bad news. Raul injured in the first half, Guti played instead of him. It seems that he could play against Valencia, but it isn't sure.

Solari entered intead Zidane in the last 15 minutes, and Nuñez intead figo in the last 3 minutes.

In summary, Real madrid didn't played very good, but at least we win. Now, we are seconds with the same points of Valencia and Real Sociedad, and two points behind Deportivo that has won all the games and its the leader.

The best of the game were Beckham and Salgado.

The worse Figo, He isn't playing very good in the last games.

5. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    How did Cambiasso play?

6. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Malaga played a sounded displined defense. Real Madrid could not do anything offensively. The first two goals were from set pieces. Apart from that, Real Madrid generated a few quality chances.

Figo at least gave Real Madrid the third goal!!!!

7. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Cambiasso didn't played bad, he make a good defensive work. Maybe, his connection with Zidane to generate play wasn't as good as other games. But we must know that, not every games the team is going to play as good as in the last games. And less in stadium with small fields and with the fields in not very good state like yesterday. It wasn't a perfect game, but the result was very good.

8. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    what is the seriousness of raul's injury?

how long will he be out?

9. pepster

pepster New Member

Mar 25, 2000
    i thought real did grind a result. it wasnt pretty, but it wasnt bad at all. i liked the defence after hearing so many dire things about them. they did well against olympique and this time they were helped by a cambiasso that was all over the place. the goal against was after a scramble of sorts from a set piece, but they withstood their ground fine. now, what happens with valencia is another story. i am optimistic. raul didnt have many touches and you could tell he was wincing in pain close to the end of the first half. becks was becks, again. figo didnt do bad. he wasnt outstanding, but his thing is to hold on to the ball lately (at times he loses it), and he passed on to guti, who must have felt incredibly good after his goal. i thought ronnie deserved a pk, but the "evil man in black" was not going to comply.
    zz back must have hurt, he got a plank in the kidneys in about the fifth minute, besides being smacked in the nose. he continues to amaze me. he must be made of plastic. salgado is worth a ton of money by now, i am sure. robbie is just robbie, lots of fun because you never know where the ball is going to end up when he shoots. i wish pavon pu opn a few more pounds, he looks sooooo frail, it's scary. but he got it done. guess that's all.

10. Thriller

Thriller New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Following one step b
    Great Merengues, for sure!! It was just very smart the plan between Figo-Beckham-Roberto Carlos to score the second and very very clever Beck´s goal.
    but the best goal of all the match was the Malaga´s goal : GREAT CHILENA DUDE!!!!
    Still, I think Real Madrid has a lot to give so much more, even tough they are winning.

11. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Yeah, Great Chilena. TV's commentators said that the Chilena was fault because Pavon was too near, and it was dangerous play. They could be right because Malaga's player boot was very near of Pavon head, but i'm Ok about the referee decision, because it was a great goal. And Malaga's player will be very happy, not all the days you score a goal like that, and against Real Madrid.