La liga. Game 3. Real Madrid vs Valladolid [R]

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MadridForever, Sep 13, 2003.

1. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Today Real Madrid play its second la liga home game against Valladolid. It has been a National teams week and Real Madrid had only trained with six players for this game, the rest were playing with their NT. The players that have played with his NT in europe have trained yesterday, and the players that have played outside europe like Ronaldo,Cambiasso or Roberto Carlos will play today without train with the team in all the week. That could be a advantage to Valladolid that has been concentrated all the week for the game.

Guti is recovered of his injury and he will be able to play today. There has been rumours this week about he playing in the starting line up intead of Cambiasso, but it seems that finally will play the argentinian.

Helguera is still injured and it seems that will play Raul Bravo in his place. It's curious that a player like Raul Bravo which position is the same that Roberto Carlos, is playing like a centerback; when the team has Ruben that play as centerback. Raul Bravo as centerback seems to be a personal bet of Quieroz.

The starting line up could be:

-------------------------Casillas
    Salgado-----Pavon---Raul Bravo-----Roberto Carlos
    Beckham-----------Cambiasso-------------Figo
    -------------------------Zidane
    ----------------------Raul-----Ronaldo

2. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    the webcast on Soccernet says postponed for Sat. Sept. 13th...which is the date is was set to be at????? are there any webcasts that are workin???

3. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    soccernet usually says that. "postponed" to the same day. there is live spanish language radio on as.com.

4. Merengue

Merengue New Member

Nov 4, 1999
    San Diego
    Or on www.marca.com go to the portion entitled "En directo" and you can get written play by play of this and every league game played in Spain. They also have a section there which will give the score of each game played.

The direct link to the play by play commentary is:

http://www.marca.com/marcador/rfsh/comentario.html

P.S. MadridForever, now that we in the Americas no longer have access to live Madrid game TV broadcasts we'll be relying upon you and others in Spain to tell us about those matches!

P.P.S. At halftime it is Real Madrid 3 Valladolid 0
    Goles: Julio Cesar (autogol), Raul (2)

5. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    2nd half. wow. anyone out there watching this game? 4th goal for Madrid Beckham crosses from 40 yards for Zidane who smashes in the volley. Golazo, or so I must assume, since I didn't get to see it. Moments later, Beckham called for hand ball and Valladolid converts a penalty. Then Figo converts a penalty. 5-2 a 59th min. Then Valladolid scores from free play in the 61st, then Ronaldo. This game is 6-2 and there's 20 minutes left!!

6. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Last goal from Ronaldo off a deep Beckham cross. Cambiasso off with an injury. YET ANOTHER GOAL! HAT TRICK FOR RAUL!! DAMMITT I WANT TO SEE THIS GAME!! MADRID 7 - VALLODOLID 2. Jesus.

7. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    this is like a PS2 Fifa 2003 score.

8. Thelonius1999

Thelonius1999 New Member

Aug 24, 2003
    DC
    7-2?!?!?! Holly Crap! thought it was typo on Soccernet...

9. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    7-2...........................unbeelvable.........i could cry rite now.........this squad is like a dream team on fifa 2003.....cept this is real life....( real madrid needs a little more work on defense and theyr PERFECT!)

try refreshing soccer net it keeps goin 7-2 to 5-2 which scores right??????????????

10. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    Valladolid is the same team that tied Valencia 1-1 at the Mestalla.

11. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    yes, the score is really 7-2. hat trick for Raul, goals for Figo and Zidane, and two for Ronaldo (although some are counting Ronaldo's first as a Valladolid own goal).

12. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Final SCore; Real Madrid 7-2 Valladolid

Real Madrid Scoring:
    Luiz Ronaldo (20)
    Gonzalez Raul (31)
    Gonzalez Raul (33)
    Zinedine Zidane (52)
    Luis Figo (pen 58)
    Luiz Ronaldo (70)
    Gonzalez Raul (74)

Vallodolid Scoring:
    Roberto Losada (pen 56)
    Jose Manuel Chema (59)

didn't watch teh game myself...how did they play overall??? no goal from beckham today...how was his contribution, etc.?

13. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    i couldn't watch the game but I listened to the Spanish radio broadcast via the web. Beckham didn't score but he made a spectular 40 yard pass for Zidane's goal on the volley (still photos on as.com in the play by play, scroll to Zidane's goal and click on the word "ver"). He also made the pass to set up Ronaldo's goal. Unfortunately he was responsible for the Valladolid penalty - he was in a two man wall positioned inside the box on a free kick and deflected the ball with his arm. Sounds like on the balance he did well.

How about Raul? 5 goals in his last two games? And there were people talking about him being out of form.

14. Bill Schmidt

Bill Schmidt BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 3, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like Christmas. Sooooo many fantasy points from Raul, Ronaldo, and Zidane, maybe Casillas, too. How many saves did he get?

15. bkn0528

bkn0528 Member

Aug 2, 2003
    nyc
    um, I think 3 saves. Not a terribly busy day for Iker.

16. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    What a amazing game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only to see this game, i am happy with the money that i have paid for my season ticket.

You must see the goals. Four of them were GREAT goals, i repeat GREEEEEAT GOALS!!!!

The first goal of Raul was a "espuela" - i don't know the translation- goal that let all the people hallucinated - players including.

The second goal of Raul was a typical play where Raul receive the ball and with a sutil and great touch put the ball over the gk.

The Zidane goal is a amazing goal where he receive a extraordinay pass of Beckham of 60 meters, and Zidane make a perfect shot without let the ball fall.

The Ronaldo goal was a play where he receives the ball a dribble one defender and he put the ball were the gk can't do anything to save it.

I think that the first goal against Madrid was a very rigorous PK. Yes the ball touch the Beckham arm, but Beckham wasn't seeing the ball and it was totally involuntary.

In some moments, Real Madrid played something that must be very near of the definition of PERFECT SOCCER. They can play bad games, but when they play at very high level, you only can watch and enjoy that moments, because i think that any other team of the world can play a soccer of that level, so beautifut to watch.

Today Cambiasso played a extraordinary game, i think that his best game with Real Madrid. He run all the game without stop, recovering many balls and passing the ball with intelligence. I hope that he can maintain a similar level this year. It would be great.

Beckham played also a great game, he made 6 or 7 great passes of 40-60 meters, and he help Cambiasso to recover ball in the middle. And also moved the ball very well. The people begins to be very happy with his play. If he play at this level he could be one of the favourite players of the people in not to many time. He is helping the team to be better in defense, that it's a characteristic not very famous in him.

And about Zidane, what i can say, he is the best player in the world.

And about Raul, he is the perfect captain. He scored 3 goals and he played a great game.

Ronaldo also played a great game. The same for Salgado that it is in the best moment of his career.

Pavon played like a veteran, and he was very solid. Raul Bravo also played very good.

Guti enter in the second half intead of Zidane. He didn't play very good.

The young Borja enter intead of Cambiasso that was injured in the second half.

The young Nuñez enter instead of Figo and he played great. I really like his play.

In sumary , a great game that can be one of the games of the year.

Now, we have to play the next tuesday against the Olimpic de Marseille in CL The Olimpic is the first of the France league and it won 5-0 today in its league game. It won't be a easy rival.

I had forgotten that Raul with his 3 goal have surpassed the legendary Puskas in the clasification of the best scorers of Real Madrid history. Now, he is the four best scorer with 158 goals. The first is Di stefano with 216, the second santillana with 186 and the third Hugo Sanchez with 164.

17. Danks81

Danks81 Member

May 18, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Can you describe Nunez's and Borja's style of play to me? I have still yet to see them play.

18. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nothing really to add.... if you missed Raul's first goal, you really missed something. Zidane also scored a nice one, but nothing compared to Raul. I don't think I have seen a similiar goal scored in a real match.

Coach Q used Beckham correctly. He put him behind Figo.... Beckham can use his long range pass to create chances for Ronaldo and Raul. Valladolid gave away so many fouls in the first 30 minutes as if they wanted to let Beckham to shine.

Nunez hit the post or it would have ben 8-2.

19. mega montana

mega montana New Member

Aug 3, 2003
    Estados Unidos
    sounds like a great game, too bad i couldnt see it

20. hawk_claw

hawk_claw New Member

Aug 14, 2003
    Wisconsin
    Yo, MadridForever, how long did that take to type??? ur a really dedicated real madrid fan if u could type THAT much....amazing...skilled typer i bet...o btw i qould quot eit but it would look kinda wierd:)!

21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    This is why I like these players being given a chance before getting a new player over. Of course Valladolid isn't the best of teams, but these guys are only going to improve their game, and thus maybe in time perform the way they do against teams like these, against teams from the champions and the bigger ones from la Primera.

Bravo in particular has looked pretty solid to me as a centre back in the little time I have seen him play.

22. Thriller

Thriller New Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Following one step b
    What a Galácticos!! A great game,but the best was that Raul´s goal, the best Raul´s goal of a time for me!! The way he kicked Figo´s pass in such an unual way! Hala!

23. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    lol :p

24. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    I don't undertand very well what you say but i will try to answer you. Thank you for "amazin...skilled typer". It doesn't take me too much time to write the review of the game. I don't know if it is very understable, but i try to write the best that i can.

I write in these forums for two reasons:

1. I'm a great Real Madrid supporter, like many people in spain and outside spain ; ) . I'm always very happy to speak about Real Madrid.

2. I'm studying english and to write in this forum help me to improve my english. Well, i hope so. : )
    Any correction of my writing would be very appreciated.

For my work and hobbies, i haven't to much time to write in this forum, i have written around 470 post in more than two years, that means 1 post each two days. It isn't too much if you see what other people write. But when i have time i tried to write as much as i can.

Danks81, i haven't forgotten your question. I would try to answer you when i have some time.

25. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Te dijo, que deberias ser un grande fan del Madrid, que puedes escribir tanto sobre el equipo. No hay nada malo con eso. ;)

And your English is great, maybe a fault here and there, but nobody would have a problem understanding what you're trying to say.