La Liga Coverage So far...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Aug 26, 2006.

1. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Thanks for listening to us. We your viewers are a diverse, and picky bunch. The fact that you guys care enough about what we think is enough to make me feel all warm and fuzzy.

2. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you may have your strategies and logistics. But even a high school kid can tell Lindsey Dean or Ray Hudson don't have talents worth being waterboys for Paul Breen Turner or Paddy Agnew. Rest assured competitors like Setanta USA are breathing down your neck with VC money to burn, and able to bring professionally done commentaries from leagues as diverse as France or Netherlands, while yours are close to unprofessional and amateurish. (There is only so many times you can hear Ray Hudson's Ooooooohhhhh or Ahhhhhhhhhhh.)

Your logistics and strategies make even less sense, considering the inflated rights fees you paid should cover both video feeds and audio. It's incomprehensible that a league would sell only raw video feeds and charge extra for at-the-venue audio commentary. Assuming audio commentaries are already covered in the rights fees, you would actually save tons of money by firing Ray/Lindsey/Kelly. You would save all the money on their salaries. Or at least you could reduce their salaries by relegating them only to studio shows.

3. Cantona

Cantona Member

Jul 12, 1999
    Texas/Luton/Manc
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    Im with you on this Chandu.... the European commentators are far superior. Maybe some of the high school kids on this board enjoy the shouting.. im sure they are Bretos fans also... but you cant beat someone like Paul Breen Turner ***who is in Spain**.... I dont understand the "logistic" issues.... especially since I can watch the international english language feed on the internet.. based out of Hong Kong or mainland China. I rate Dean and Hudson no better than FANZONE quality..... Hudson screams way too much.. and his ooohs and ahhhs are just not professional at all. Again their are alternatives to GolTV.... the internet

Cantona---

4. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Thank you,I'm sure majority of viewers are just happy that they CAN watch La Liga football,no matter who is commentator.For Few one's that like to b1tch I would suggest streams.

5. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Now who is the DUMMY?DUMMY.

6. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    GO BACK TO YOUR NHL/NFL OR WHATEVER IT IS YOU'VE WATCHED IN THE PAST TO GET-OFF OR SHUT YOUR TRAP. Better, be a man and do the right thing - join RANGERS00 at the bottom of the river.

7. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Many Thanks Constantino for the post above. I knew you do read this constantly as i have recieved responses to my emails and message post in the past.

First off, i am not negative or dissapproving of your service to Football broadcast in North America as some might have made it out to be in the past weeks. I am actually indebted to your organization for the service you provide on a weekly basis. As pioneers in this industry, you and i know in this business age - feeback is crucial to success and there is no better way than directly from the comsumer/customers of your product or services. "Even if you are on the right track, you will get run over if you just sit there" - Will Rogers.

To reiterate my comments further - your programming is topnotch, no complaints whatsoever - i fail to see any video or audio problem that might occur on any game but my concern is what the rationale is for having such superb programmes if it ends up being amateurish for just one reason.

Not all your miami based commentators are such, i extremely hold the spanish gentleman (not sure of the name)that pops up on the english channel every once awhile in high-regards. If you have read my other post(s), this individual knows the craft of football commentary.His job is to bring the game to the viewers and thats exactly what he does for 90mins - this goes to show is not about having an european is about the talent and knowledge of the individual(s) on the microphone.

From a business perspective, one can tell that Pints and Gutbomb are the likes that Verizon CEO thinks should shut-up and not complain about the service they recieve (Oh Well).

I will like to remind of you of Ken Olson of Digital electronics, he his the first bad example of the wrong channel of thought they teach you in business school.

Again, thanks for your acknowledgement.

8. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    we did not advocate stopping the complaining. we advocated stopping complaining HERE. we are tired of hearing it, and there are other avenues like contacting them directly. this is not a goltv forum. this is a public place. it is considered trolling on this site to repeatedly say the same things over and over. we're tired of it. complain all you want, but complain somewhere else is all i was asking. we get it here, and by complaining here you're preaching to the choir.

9. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Unlike you, i would like to see Goltv succeed and stay at the top of this business. Sending an email will isolate the issue as it did in the past and since this is a football forum, wouldnt it be wise to throw it out here and let anyone and everyone take a shot at it? I felt this would enable GolTV the opprotunity to compile and analyze the comments from the customers.

You dont see me write about FSC - we all know they are a joke, absolutely irrelevant. This is an advantage for Goltv and do i need to reiterate that they know it too.

BTW - this was an active topic yet again.

10. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    ?? I rarely, if ever watch other sports really. But thanks for acting like you know who I am. For 36 you sure are childish. Better be a man? What exactly makes one a man in your book? Whining all day on the inetrnet about the same thing?
    Hmmm.....interesting.:rolleyes:

11. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was very happy with the professional at-the-venue English commentary for Wednesday's Milan vs. Ascoli match. Great job, GolTV! Please listen to the feedback of your diehard customers, and keep the team of Ray Hudson/Lindsey etc. as far away from mikes as possible during matches.

Now, Paul Breen Tuner's voice over the weekend will be music to my ears. I can surely hope.

12. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

Chandu beat me to it...

Many many thanks to you GolTV, I was a very happy loyal viewer yesterday. Especially to you Constantino,Thank-you for listening.

13. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Keep watching - changes are in the works...

14. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do know what kind of changes are in the works at goltv?
    SimonT

15. danielmak

danielmak Member

Sep 26, 2004
    off the purple line
    Here's the thing with La Liga coverage: Paul Breem Turner is really the only feed announcer that is enjoyable to listen to. The other two guys are okay but they aren't as good as most of the other European announcers. So I'd rather hear Phil or Lindsay and Ray. Kelly O'Donnnel is rough with his over-excited calls. But it's Serie A coverage that kills be because every single feed announcer is good. They should stay away from any local coverage for Serie A. I know a lot of this is a matter of taste. Someone else will be quick to say that the other La Liga announcers are great and Serie A coverage sucks. And remember that Turner really only covers a couple games each weekend. Real Madrid and Barca seem to be his teams. Of course this sucks for the Valencia fans among us. Take care.

16. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I do agree with you That Paul Breem Turner is the only LaLiga announcer that is worth listening to the others are really not that great. the Serie A announcess are descent in my opinion. one thing I do know is that it seems that Paul Breem Turner does a lot of the 3:00 PM EST games if that's the case then goltv should use the onsite announcer four the 3:00 PM games.
    SimonT

17. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Paul Breen Turner is king. The other two guys are ok, but the big difference is that they are there, they know the players, gossip, latest local news and are much better than the Gol TV guys for La Liga. It makes a difference for me.

18. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

His name is RAPHAEL UNCEIN - He his the only quality english commentator you have @ GOLTV. Infact, he his the only commentator you have (english language). Online instead watching Inter.......

19. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I said in another thread (and I'll say it in yet another related thread as well for GolTV to hear - there are way too many threads related to this topic):

Thank you, thank you, thank you GolTV for letting Paul Breen Turner's commentary come through yesterday for Deportivo La Coruna vs. Barcelona!!!