La Liga Coverage So far...

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by cescfabregas, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Minduchio

Minduchio Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Jeez ,how can someone be such an arse.I would thank them for feed with chinese comentary.

2. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    dude you don't even know me. not that i need to defend myself but i've been to several arsenal matches in london, used to live in sweden, went to nearly 30 matches in the 2001-2002 season, and live part time in london.

This isn't a pissing contest of who is a better fan or not. but your pointless bitching about the commentators on goltv isn't accomplishing a thing but annoying me and a few others. goltv wanted la liga at any price, so they got it. if you don;t like the commentary you have alternatives like listening to the game in spanish on goltv instead or finding a web stream in chinese or if you're lucky, the british based commentary.

3. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Never said i was a dude...

4. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    as if it matters. every one* of your posts since you signed up for this site has been either attacks on goltv, or recently personal attacks on me. We get it. you don't like the commentators on goltv. plenty of people do, otherwise they wouldn't be there anymore. get over it.

* this is not an exageration. look at her/his/its post history.

5. chapulincolorado

Jul 14, 1999
    McAllen, Texas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    :eek: G-ddamn! You are right! Newb has a fetish for posts on PbP commentators.

6. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Me? A wanna-be soccer fan? You don't know me. ;)

You really need help. STOP YOUR BITCHING.

7. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    I miss Paul Breen Turner but hey at least we get alot of games on Gol TV. And alot of the Brits definitely misprounounce the Spanish and Italian names (kinda funny hee hee) , but their play by play is normally spot on. I also miss Paddy Agnew on Serie A.

8. Visca...

Visca... Member

Sep 13, 2004
    ATL
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Where in the world is Bruno Vain? He took the job for the World Cup in Univision, but I thought it was just a summer job. :D It would suck if he's stuck in Univision since Univision doesn't show much football.

9. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Are you Max Bretos?

10. joebloe888

joebloe888 BigSoccer Yellow Card

Aug 1, 2005
    Fuyutu Island
    Does anyone else agree with the following opinion?

Ray Hudson says way too much tangent stuff during La Liga telecasts.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Ray Hudson has a very annoying accent.

12. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    not just on la liga. on everything.

people may get the wrong impression from my defense of the goltv guys in this thread. i certainly don;t like them and would MUCH rather have the european commentary crew, but since I can't, I deal. at least the commentary is in a language I can understand. And at least I can see the game.

13. Milliano

Milliano New Member

Jul 7, 2006
    He's quite... unprofessional? But I really enjoy his commentary... at least compared to most. He's one of the very few British commentators that don't annoy the hell out of me (IE he doesn't constantly use the typical British BS football interpretations, and he actually has enthusiasm for the matches he commentates).

Overall, GolTV's audio quality with La Liga has a long way to go, but it seems to be getting better. The camera work (not GolTV's control, I know) is much better than ESPN or FSC matches in my opinion.

14. MasterShake29

MasterShake29 Member+

Oct 28, 2001
    Jersey City, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Stations should use European-based commentators for European-based matches.

15. P1brit

P1brit Member

Mar 31, 2005
    Novi, MI
    Club:
    Swindon Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I guess the reason that I don't have a problem with it is because I have become used to watching games comentated by people in studios and not at the game.

I wish the commentry in Gol Tv was better but if I think back to when I first moved to this country and couldn't watch anything other than Seria A in Italian on the International Channel, I am not going to complain anytime soon. I'll take whatever I can get.

16. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Shit the only thing keeping me smiling during the Depor-Villarreal match was Hudson.

"He's the Man of the Match, but he's a dirty bird diving and dropping bombs all over the field."

In response to a seagull who spent the entire match flying about and landing on the pitch. You Hudson haters are gonna burn in hell.:D

17. Elisa Uranga

Elisa Uranga New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Sierra Madre, CA
    Look I love Ray Hudson, but he doesn't no jack about La Liga, Spain, the cities, the players, history, etc. Can we please have Paul Breen Turner back on La Liga and Paddy Agnew on Serie A? I was so happy to get the Brit commentary on the early Roma game this weekend. I watched a Zaragoza game two weekends ago becuz Paul Breen Turner was doing the commentary and he was at the match. I am tired of them misnaming players etc becuz they cannot see the action or don't know the players. Ray said that Real Sociedad was an all Basque squad. That has not been true for a long while. Oh well. He is better than Max Bretos and Christian Miles.

18. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I can excuse the others but not Ray - he his a first class moron, he ought to know better.

To Goltv - Thank-you for the Roma/Siena and AC Milan/Parma games, it was nice of you. Please, Please - one game tomorrow with on-field commentary will be greatly appreciated. I still have 4 La Liga games i have to find the right time to watch since there will be no commentary. I am not bitching but making a sincere request. Many Thanks in Advance.

19. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City

Sending the above to GolTV is making a sincere request.
    Posting it on an internt message board is bitching.

Signed,
    A "Wanna-Be" Fan.

20. cescfabregas

cescfabregas Member

Oct 2, 2005
    Club:
    Arsenal FC

They will read it here just like "you" did.

21. GutBomb

GutBomb Red Card

Aug 28, 2003
    Outside Boston
    how do you figure? they probably look here once a week if that. they don't care about catering to what we want becuase they've already got us hooked. looking at this message board does nothing for them, because we would watch just as much goltv if they did look and post here or if they didn't. so stop coming in here and cluttering the forum with your opinion over and over again that you have clearly made us all aware of, and try contacting goltv directly.

http://www.goltv.tv/en_index.php?target=en_contacto

if you have already contacted them and they haven't "fixed" what you think is wrong, perhaps they don't care. and you know what? we don't either. thanks, and good day.

22. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    So, it's ok for you to do something half-assed like post a complaint on a message board, instead of going to the program directors.
    Aren't you essentially bitching about half-assed work? A bit of advice, if you want something bad enough you'll stop bitching and try to change it. Otherwise you really don't care that much, you just like to bitch.
    It's ok, it's a normal human trait, found in all of us.

23. ny0705

ny0705 New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Phil Schoen- the best pbp goltv has, he brings excitement to the game.
    Lindsay Dean- Shouts too much and I sometimes have to go to the Spanish feed
    Kelly O'Donell - voice is little annoying but he is listenable
    Ray Hudson- he has a passion for the game and makes it interesting at times

Overall they do try hard and do a good job from Miami and they are better than Christian Miles, Nick Webster, Keith Costigan and whoever else works for FSC.

24. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that the television coverage for La Liga have been decent I wold like to hear more of the onsite announcing than goltv announcer that is sitting in a studio in Miami.but that said if i have here an in studio announcer I would like to hear Phil Shane and Ray Hudson. in my opinion I feel that Kelly O' Donnell has iproved his commentary over the last year. I do not like hearing Lindsey Deane his commentating style and at times sounds like a hockey announcer when he said "He's got to get it into the mixer" and "they are going "inki - boluti" and making up words as the game goes on it's not how football should be called it sounds like something that a certain ESPN announcer would do. please bring back the European based announcers.
    SimonT

25. constantino3

constantino3 Member

Jun 2, 2003
    Miami
    Just to add my two cents to the discussion; I check bigsoccer.com 5 to 10 times per day. I've been checking it almost since GolTV has launched. I found it to be a great source of feedback. I especially browse for negative comments, and I can think of a few issues that I corrected inspired on comments from boards like this one.

Regarding English voiceovers, I always keep in my office two emails from two different viewers, one praising our play by play and the other asking for the original European talents. They were comments on the exact same game.

I value all opinions and consider all options, but there are certainly several strategic and logistic issues considered when we decide our pbp & comments lineup; and I certainly fully back our talents.

Rest assured that every single comment about GolTV in this board reaches the appropriate decision-making person in our organization.

Constantino
    GolTV, Inc.