LA Galaxy Flavored USMNT in 2021-2024

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Skevin, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's the soccer version of:

hav77 and TrickHog repped this.
  2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it’s exhausting. I gave up.

hav77, 2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  3. cliche_guevara

Jun 1, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Seb is good with the Galaxy. He seems lost with whatever Berhalter is trying to get him to do. The talent is there but without players that aren’t spastic he can’t do much.

4. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He wasn’t good tonight and neither was the team. Errant passes in midfield. Need to be better to beat Qatar.

Skevin and TrickHog repped this.
  5. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Although the US and Mexico advancing means we don't have any of those players back for Friday's game, the good news is that Pipo is coming back.

So we can release him and free up salary and roster space.

2in10, ProudNatRN and Skevin repped this.
  6. 73Bruin

73Bruin Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Torrance, California
    While its been published for some time that Pipo wants to leave, I don't think its quite as easy as the Galaxy just releasing him. First, I am fairly sure that as a union member in the final year of his contract that his salary is guaranteed for the entire season. Meaning MLS is on the hook for that amount plus any bonuses that he might be entitled to (e.g. National Club participation), unless he agrees to some sort of contract modification to facilitate his release.

FWIW, per MLS rules, the Galaxy can either waive Pipo or loan/transfer him to another club outside MLS. Loaning or selling Pipo to a team outside of MLS is the only way the Galaxy can be assured of getting his roster spot. Salary cap relief is dependent upon unstated loan or transfer agreement rules. Waiving him is risky because if he clears waivers (no other MLS team wants him), then the Galaxy get neither roster nor salary cap relief. In other words its like his ghost is still there, getting paid and taking up a roster spot. If another team wants him, he goes to the highest bidder and I imagine the Galaxy gets his roster spot back, but it wasn't clear how much salary relief the Galaxy would get.

There is nothing that I can find about any GAM or TAM money that he has been paid. Just that 95% of his transfer fee (and I assume loan fee) gets converted into GAM.

2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  7. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    I managed to snag a couple of tickets for Thursday game in Austin! I am really excited. Last USA game I went to was the semi final of the copa america against Argentina and we got smacked. Hopefully this one will be a lot better!

hav77, ShortyMac, Beakmon FC and 6 others repped this.
  8. Beakmon FC

Beakmon FC Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Jan 10, 2002
    The OC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gyasi scoring the winning goal vs. Qatar makes me so happy!

(And the sound of heads exploding within some of the US fanbase is delicious, too)

galvanator, skydog, hav77 and 6 others repped this.
  9. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boy, that crow must taste awfully bitter for some folks.

Good.

skydog, hav77, 2in10 and 4 others repped this.
  10. Skevin

Skevin Member+

Aug 9, 2009
    Colorado
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Czechia
    That was such a nervy game. Turner made some insane saves to keep us in it, and also it was very nice to see Qatar miss that penalty. Happy for Gyasi. Dike did not look good out there, and should have buried his chance.

Side note, there were so many fake Qatar fans there. Looked like someone went to the bars before the game with a box of QATAR shirts and scarves and just gave it to people. I also wonder if they handed out free tickets. It was really strange.

TrickHog and 2in10 repped this.
  11. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read Dike has a shoulder injury and probably should not have played. Turner and Acosta played some mind games with the PK taker. Having Gyasi as a supersub seems to be working nicely for Berhalter.

TrickHog, skydog, hav77 and 1 other person repped this.
  12. Dawdler

Dawdler Member+

Apr 2, 2005
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Arriola is soo frustrating to watch, he has had numerous opportunities and can't capitalize on any of them

13. 2in10

2in10 Member+

LA Galaxy, Internazionale
    United States
    Jun 19, 2016
    Sparks, NV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The twits and twatwaffles in the USMNT thread must be having head explosions with the Gold Cup win by a mostly MLS squad. May they never stop with the head explosions.

skydog, 73Bruin, kaburu and 7 others repped this.
  14. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a great win - and deserved. Lletget - how many other US players are winning two trophies with this team against Mexico? This summer? Here's to our Sebastian. And the hug with Jona (apparently Rob Stone didn't recognize the back of Lletget's head) was so touching.

MPNumber9, shelbo, Berks and 4 others repped this.
  15. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    USA! USA! What I want to know is who was making it rain though?

2in10, kaburu and TrickHog repped this.
  16. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    That was a touching moment between Seb and Jona.

2in10, The Cadaver, Bilgediver and 2 others repped this.
  17. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Answer: Reggie Cannon and Kellyn Acosta were also on the Nations Cup squad.

2in10, TrickHog and Dawdler repped this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Watching a replay of the game on FS1. Berhalter screaming at the team to push up and press Mexico. Right after that, a steal in the middle and Lletget should have had an assist on an Arriola open shot that went off the post.

2in10, MPNumber9, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  19. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    A friend text me around 545pm to ask if I would be watching the game. I said I was. I asked him if he was and he says, “I’m 50/50. Im having a great Sunday. I’m not sure I want it ruined.” :ROFLMAO:

I don’t blame him! I never thought this team would get anything out of the tournament when I saw the roster, but boy was I wrong about Greg. Those boys play for him. This team has gone back to playing with heart. I love it!

For example, Arriola had two clear chances to score, and didn’t. I was frustrated; however, his play in defense saved us a number of times. I wish we would have scored, but I’m glad he was able to push through and contribute in tangible ways on the field.

Shout out to Gyasi and Lleget who get so much hate but find ways to contribute.

The future is bright!

Geneva, 2in10, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  20. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is so great to see the fight of the National Team I know and love. Never say die is back.

Great game, great summer. Let's qualify.

2in10, ProudNatRN, hav77 and 2 others repped this.
  21. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, here's the perfect headline when Mex fires their coach:

"Ta Ta Tata"

2in10, ProudNatRN, Berks and 7 others repped this.
  22. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apologies to the non-USA Galaxy fans, it was a thrilling weekend for me, from the LA Galaxy beatdown of Portland to the gutsy USMNT win against Mexico.

Gyasi's workrate, intelligence and stamina were on full display during that game. I would have loved for him to get the winning goal, but I was fine with his performance. When you don't possess the ball, its tough for the strikers to actually get the ball with a chance to score. He had some decent opportunities just couldn't get it on frame or capitalize, but his defensive work, his hold up work, and his possession work were insane. He was making runs and pressuring well into the 2nd phase of extra time. I got tired from watching him. He's easily one of our more effective strikers in the pool and is prob on the 23 as top 3 perhaps. with a group of attacking midfielders between Reyna, McKennie, and Pulisic we don't need our striker to be a scoring threat, which is kind of interesting to say.

To our boy Lletget: I don't understand why [Nats threads] say he sucked. He was on it from the start, winning the ball with pressure and delivering the key pass to Arriola's post shot, and was involved in a few other attacks. Was it his best game? No. Maybe I'm in a different camp but I don't think he's been anywhere near as effective since being placed as a central midfielder. I always thought he was more effective out wide. I don't think he did anything to hurt or help his chances getting onto the choice 23. As far as I can tell, He's on Berhalter's rosters on the A Team as a solid option to have in your pocket depending on the formation you want to have and tactits as well.

The moment after the final whistle of him and Jona hugging it out, and Seb consoling Jona was touching.

Geneva, 2in10, Berks and 5 others repped this.
  23. ragbone

ragbone Member+

Sep 2, 2005
    Santo Tomas, Batangas, Philippines.
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ROTFLMAO

2in10 and TrickHog repped this.
  24. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably the same yo-yos who were furious when Klinsi was canned.

2in10, hav77, Beakmon FC and 1 other person repped this.
  25. Bilgediver

Bilgediver Member+

LA Galaxy
    Oct 16, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    apologies for including Gyasi btw.
    I still kinda think of him as ours, despite his current club.

2in10 and Berks repped this.