La Doce - New San Jose Earthquakes Supporters Group

Discussion in 'San Jose Supporters Clubs' started by futbol monkey, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    La Doce will bring a latin flavor to the support of our Quakes for the 2010 season. The name of the group means the 12 in spanish. As in the 12th man which fans have come to be known. While the 1906 Ultras and Casbah definitely bring heart and passion to home matches, La Doce will provide 'la porra' style of support that Latino Quakes fans know and cherish.

The second group meeting will be held this Thursday night (see details below) where the new Quakes jersey can be seen and La Doce member shirt design will be unveiled. The exclusive design was created by the talented folks at Darvi (www.mydarvi.com) and they are so excited that they got the opportunity to design the inaugural La Doce member shirt that they will give members a discount on their products. So bring your family and friends to the next meeting to meet friendly Quakes fans and find out what La Doce is all about.

A website will be coming soon, but for now, for more info you can find La Doce on Facebook by searching 'La Doce de San Jose'.

Next meeting:
    Thursday - March 11th at 8pm.
    StrawHat Pizza
    1653 Industrial Parkway
    Hayward, CA 94544

1 person likes this.
  2. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    o lord :rolleyes:

that's what we need. more division among hardcore fans.

3. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I created this thread on behalf of La Doce members to spread the word on the group. I'm not even a member yet but I think it's a pretty cool idea and it's a good way to get the coveted South Bay Latino futbol fan to bleed Quakes blue like the rest of us. If the FO is smart, they will provide full support to this new SG and use it as a tool to increase the Latino following of our Quakes. Not to mention that our Quakes can use all the support they can get.

At least it gives me a third supporter group to join for the upcoming season. :D

4. GallinAllstar08

GallinAllstar08 New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    Oakland, CA
    Sko...I dont see it as division....we dont represent their demographic...until we accommodate we can't hate....

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Will La Doce basically be La Barra Brava to the Casbah's and 1906 Ultras' Screaming Eagles? ;)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

6. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly. Their style will be different than the already established SG's style.

That is my guess. Like I said, I'm not even a member yet so I'm still getting all the details. I don't even know where they'll be sitting. Sadly I have a match tonight so I wont be able to go to tonight's meeting but I've been told that there will be one more meeting before the start of the season. I can tell you that I'm looking forward to their member shirt. I took a look at www.mydarvi.com and already have a few items I'm getting with La Doce discount.

7. sko16

sko16 New Member

May 2, 2007
    Israel
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Hey whatever. Alright with me as long as it's in a different section of the stadium.

8. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, this doesn't feel right for some reason.

Some one is trying to start a SG but doesn't post in BS ?
    the person who is announcing the new group is not even belong to it ?
    but he is making sure to promote the www.mydarvi.com website.

Look, I'm all for SG the more the merrier, but here is something that just doesn't ad up.

If there is a new SG, just make sure, the supporting ways doesn't interrup with the SGs already established. Other than this....good luck !

9. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I can see why it looks a little fishy. I am not a member yet because I just haven't been able to go to any of their meetings since I normally have a match at the same time. But I will join as soon as I can not necessarily to be an active member but to show support for the group. I've been an Ultras and Casbah member the last two seasons (and will do so again this season) for the same reason even though I normally don't stand with them during the matches since I sit with my family during the season. La Doce members found me on Facebook and it was me that suggested to them that they should post something on BS to get the word out. They asked me to post something on their behalf as a favor since they were not familiar with BS. As for the darvi thing, I work from home so I normally wear tshirts most of the time so I guess I appreciate tshirts more than most. I could have posted all this in the initial post but I didn't want to bore anyone and didn't think anybody would care. So that's the back story behind this thread.

10. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very well then. Please tell the members of La Doce that I wish them good luck !

11. futbol monkey

futbol monkey Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Will do and I'll also let them know to have a few drinks to loosen up a bit before singing at the matches.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_hxvrN9wiQ"]YouTube- ¡Felicidades Ramiro Corrales![/ame]

12. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So La Doce has eleven members (so far)?....good, for a group setting up during off season ! what section La Doce is thinking to be at BS ?

13. 760Epicenter

760Epicenter Member

Apr 15, 2008
    Level 1
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this is quite the interesting idea. while i do think that the 1906 ultras do a pretty good so far, i cant imagine what sort of implications this might have on the SG culture in san jose. the strange thing is, "la doce" anywhere else refers to the entire body of fans a team might have. even in the USA, it refers to fanhood of a team.

it would be nice if, rather than the divided groups singing three different songs, we had them all united singing one loud song. i miss that tottenham chant the groups had

14. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because Copernicus was wrong? The world really revolves around BigSoccer?

We get about 10,000 fans to our games. About a 100 or so post here. That's 1%. And if these fans come from a background where english may be there second language, it isn't surprising at all that they don't post here.

I agree that there should be some level of communication and cooperation between the SG's, but, let's see what they are about first before getting too suspicious.

15. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this point was covered already, even the original poster thought I was right to be suspicious about the whole scenario...

Instead of beating a dead horse, I think we just should give them a warm welcome, and see if we can be of any help to attrack more fan for our beloved Quakes.

To La Doce, keep up with the good work and good luck !

16. quake24

quake24 New Member

Mar 25, 2008
    uhhhhhh.... im ok with having another SG but why use a name that belongs to another team's Barra Brava? I know that guy who post this thead is not a member yet but when you go to their meeting you should ask them why!!! How hard is to come up with your own name??? I think IF this SG gets big it would always be the shadow of the real LA DOCE.

17. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they need something unique, like Ultras! ;)

18. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sorry, didn't see the subsequent posts before I posted.

19. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    La Doce is becoming a very common name for SGs, from Argentina to Mexico, you will be able to find many Sgs with that name, but the name it means nothing by it self, it is the members of the group who make the name means something
    just look at our 1906 Ultras and the Union Ultras from the farm club (the goats).Both groups use Ultras in their name, but the real Ultra mentallity is practiced only by our boys.

Hopefully La Doce of San Jose will become something to be proud of and not just a bunch of anoying guys and gals making noise just because they got a drum.

20. BlackBlueWhite

BlackBlueWhite Red Card

Jun 17, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I am very pissed! My 22 yo nephew called to order his ticket in the Ultras section, and just because his last name is Rodriguez he was transferred to the Spanish speaking operator. My nephew DOES NOT even speak Spanish, since his parents and grandparents were born here. After explaining this to the Spanish speaking ticket rep, he asked for a season ticket in the Ultras section where all his friends are. The ticket rep told him that he should get his ticket with the La Doce. My nephew politely declined and asked again for his ticket with the Ultras. This went back and fourth at least 5 times.
    This is incredible. The first person who picked up must stereotype just based on someone's last name and I wonder why does the FO want to convince people who called for tickets with the Ultras, to buy tickets in the La Doce section?
    After this incident, I am sure that La Doce is a group created and supported by our FO, and used as a marketing tool to attract the Hispanics. Something very similar with Barra Xanga, a group created by the Real Salt Lake front office.

21. proud smurf

proud smurf Member

Jul 30, 2005
    Uranus
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Roberto Graves are you there ?

I really hope this is not the case, where the FO is putting together a SG by boicoitting another SG under the table.

We the 1906 Ultras, work very hard to be the proud supporters of the Quakes that we are, as today we can easily say tha many SGs in the MLS look up to us and to the exellent display we put in the stands.

To the FO: by all means is good is you want to have your own SG, but boicotting a group, that has been with the Quakes for all these years is just shamefull, so I dare you...COME CLEAN NOW ! :mad:

22. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just out of curiosity, how is the FO "boycotting" to 1906 Ultras?

23. SCQuakes408

SCQuakes408 Member

Nov 27, 2007
    Santa Clara, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dont think he meant boycotting. misuse of the term is what it seems

still pretty shady to ask people to join one group and seemingly not ask to join any of the other two groups

24. BlackBlueWhite

BlackBlueWhite Red Card

Jun 17, 2008
    Atherton, CA
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Not sure if this is about the whole FO, or only about one particular rep who acted very unprofessionally. My nephew asked SPECIFICALLY about a ticket in the Ultras area. He did not ask for other options or info about other supporter groups. The ticket rep ignored his request and tried to make him change his mind about 5 times until finally selling him the ticket that he wanted from the beginning.

25. SanJoseUltras

SanJoseUltras Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've just talked to our Front Office about this. It was an isolated incident so it should not reflect on the whole Front Office. The person responsible for it got talked to and we've got assured that it won't happen again. With La Doce, our Front Office hopes to attract more Latinos in the stands. Good luck to them!