LA controls its own destiny [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by The Cadaver, Sep 2, 2002.

1. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dallas lost to Colorado. LA, Dallas and SJ have all played the same number of games.

IF LA wins out, it is supporters' shield, and western conference champ. It is all within the team's grasp and they can do it without any help.

I keep hearing that funny choking noise coming from the north. hmmmm.

2. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    i still think san jose will take the shield this year...

we've got one extra game to play (USOC), dallas has a really rough schedule. and no team in MLS has won three in a row.

my guess is we'll be tied with san jose on points (2 wins and 1 loss over the next three games) but san jose will win on goal difference. :(

i hope i'm wrong.. i'd love to have the shield back home.

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What heresy do you speak, dashiel? Begone from him/her, demon of doubt! BEGONE!

4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember that goal differential can swing pretty fast. Before Saturday, SJ was ahead of LAG by a goal differential of 8. After Saturday, that was down to 3. SJ went down 2, LA went up 3. So much depends on margin of victory.

5. galaxyfan03

galaxyfan03 Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Glendale, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the risk of soundiing cocky & arrogant, I say that the Galaxy will run the table & win the double (USOC & MLS CUP) and, perhaps the Supporter's Shield, which makes it a treble!!!

Reason?? Simple.

I'm moving to L.A. from NYC tomorrow night and, with me in town, they won't dare lose!!!!

Seriously, though, we have as good a chance as ever to FINALLY bring the MLS Cup to So Cal.

no cal won it last year, it's only fair we get our shot at glory in 2002.

Since I'm moving tomorrow, this will be my LAST post on BS, for some time, at least. I'll actually be arriving in L.A. as we're battling the Burn in the USOC semis.

Boy, it sure would be a nice "Welcome to L.A." if the G-men came through with a BIG win!!

I'll see everybody at the Rose Bowl on Sept 14 for the Quacks match. I'll be with the RS. Can't wait!!

6. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking forward to your arrival galaxyfan03. You should've planned it where you could have gone to the Open Cup match, but oh well it'll be too late by the time you read this.