LA @ Chicagoon Pre/Post match discussion (R)

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by PZ, Sep 4, 2002.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 points from this one are a must before we head into the showdown with the Smurfs.

I believe Danny is suspended due to Yellows for this one. Can anyone confirm?

2. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Yes he is suspended, as per galaxy enews:

§ Danny Califf will serve a mandatory one-game suspension on Saturday vs. Chicago, due to caution point accumulation. Currently, Califf has 22 caution points.

We should hopefully win again, maybe another 3 goal romp?

3. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Usually the games with our Official Bitches are close.

I'd say 2-1 with goals from Cobi and Fish.

GO GALAXY!!!

Topper

:D :D

4. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Most important for the Dudes: don't get hurt on that tragic playing surface. The team needs every healthy body available for the home and home against the Flakes.

Go Dudes!

5. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cien & Ruiz conversation

Ruiz - " so you see murray... my agent said next season i should be playing with Zidane or Beckham. "

Cien : " he did?..."

Ruiz : " Yeah.. i'm looking to get a phat contract, i should be up front with Van Nistle..whatever, or me and Ronaldo should partner up. "

Cien : " You think you're going to start if they pick you up ? "

Ruiz : " Of course.. i am dominating here, i am a ture goal scorer!!.. you seen me !!, Right. I just wouldn't want to be Ronaldo or Van Nistlewhatever.. cuz i'm gonna steal that spotlight."

Cien : " Are you kidding... this is Europe your talking about!! "

Ruiz : " I know Brah ..... but check this out, i will get you that MLS Cup you been playing for 7 years for, and then that back to back Us Open Cup thing whatever that is. then get top goal scorer, and onto the MVP of the league. 2 days later on a plane to spain or england. "

Cien " you think "YOU" can do all that "

Ruiz : " Mann.. chivato, Are you kidding?, did you see my shirt, i dont forget where i come from, which means when i am top goal-scorer in spain or england, check this out-- i'm gonna put your picture and cobi's picture on either side of me holding the MLS MVP Trophy on my shirt.. and it will say " Never forget where you come from "

Cien : " what about Danny Califf's picture ? "

Ruiz : " Hell no... He sux!!! "

Yesterdays Training session discussion

6. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LOL...classic TJ!!! :)

7. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You notice the sweaty palms, nervous tics and general shortness of breath on the part of Quakes fans? Panic is setting in. They are so desparate (and so dumb) that they are posting encouragement to the Fire on the LAG board (I'm sure that's where the Fire looks for inspiration). If nothing else, a willingness to root for the Fire demonstrates how low the Josers are willing to go. Have they no shame? (That is a rhetorical question.)

8. FireFanKeith

FireFanKeith Member

Mar 6, 2000
    chicago,il usa
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keep talking your smack guys. Nowak is back for us and we desperately need a win. Make sure you tune in to see a Fire victory in front of a sold out house.

9. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    House??? More like something outta the projects.

10. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It gonna be tough, small field hard surface and a good posetion team. F#ck it, lets get it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    0-1 to the goons jessie marsh in the 8th minute :(

plenty of time to come back.

12. Galaxy64

Galaxy64 Member

Nov 21, 2000
    Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy win!!!! 2-1

13. lufty

lufty Member

Aug 21, 2000
    who won?

14. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good gravy, that was ugly.

But, a win is a win....

Topper

:D

WAY TO GO FISH!!!!!

WAY TO GO HARTMAN!!!!

WAY TO GO LALAS!!!!!

15. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    are you kidding me????

frakin SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take that cupcakes...

man i am so in in to this team right now... what a difference a couple of weeks make.

16. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    san jose result a bit lower....

san jose wins 4-3

which means we are again tied for points, and san jose has a +3 goal differential on us (45-33sj vs 42-33la)

we need a win and a draw. playing for i don't think we can edge them on goal difference.

17. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'm stunned we pulled that out, we really do own chicago.

Kovalenko is a frickin joke. I didn't even get to see his Landon Donovan style flop happen real time (well tape delayed live), because I couldn't find a bottle of goddamn molasses at Ralphs.

I think the reason we won and San Jose won is to make these next two weekends the biggest in MLS season games in a long time for us (am I missing a bigger pair of games?).

Any word on whats going to happen with disciplinary points, did anyone go over the edge? They mentioned Ezra being on the verge after his first yellow, so assuming he went over on the 2nd, does his sitting out for the red card count as the over the point limit card? or will he be out the next 2 games?

18. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great game by hartman and the post. Ruiz does it again!!!!!!! By the way did you see him dedicate the 2nd goal to the 9-11 victims, this guy is class to the end.

19. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    so here's a really interesting thought...

the tie break scenario is

teams head-to-head
    goal difference
    total goals
    away record
    home record
    discplinary record
    coin toss

if we win one game 4-0 and san jose wins 1-0, we're tied on points, head-to-head, goal difference and total goals. la currently has the edge in away games... man i was kinda hoping we would go all the way down to a coin toss.

still i'm putting money on a decision by goal difference...

20. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, in that case LA would be +12 and SJ would be +9. Each goal adds one to the scoring team's GD and subtracts one from the other teams's GD. If both teams win one game, LA needs to outscore the Quakes by two over the two games.

21. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or not.

22. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3 win jinx

In order to make this interesting, LAG must prevail at home.

In order to prevail at home, LAG must beat the MLS 3 game jinx.

LAG need some big Mojo.

BTW: The Fire fans, section 8, blow me away. They never stopped cheering, chanting, and in that small venue it was awsome. Next year, in Victoria Street, we MUST learn to do the same thing.

23. Treetaliano

Treetaliano Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Great win by the lads. I don't post in this forum much because being an ex-pat over here in Italy I don't get a chance to see MLS ever. I do try to catch some matches on tape however, being sent over here by my brother once in a while, or whenever I am back home I head to Pasadena for a match. (I was at the ugly Colorado pre-WC Cobi send-off match in April)

The boys seem to be hitting their stride right now, and I'm thinking that unless they get faced with San Jose in a 3 game series with 2 of the 3 in Spartan Stadium we'll be seeing the Galaxy in CMGI in October.

On Fish, I found a great article on this kid you might all like http://www.socceramerica.com/article.asp?Art_ID=562132097 definitely a class act he. Someone mentioned his goal celebration was in tribute to the 9/11 victims...someone cue that up? How did he do that?

If you read this article, you'll see yet again that it speaks of his desire to move abroad. I'm wondering however what interest has been mentioned. Anyone hear of anything concrete being offered or thrown about? MLS has been quite tough this season on selling/transferring any of our stars, (McBride, Donovan, DMB etc) so I would bet that at least for the next season at Victoria street he stays, and then MLS sells him. Especially WHEN we bring home the MLS Cup this year.

Any thoughts?

p.s. yes, Chicago is officially our bitch

24. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Re: 3 win jinx

Yeah but there chants are super repetitive, boring and have no imagination or creativity involved. So basically they suck. Any schmoe can yell "fire, fire, fire", or "beat la, beat la".

25. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    All the players were wearing black arm bands that said "9/11/2001" on them. After his goal, he ran to the side line, took it off and held it above his head, then sort of "kissed it".