LA - Chicago During/Post Match [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 352gialloblu, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    I think every Fire fan has at one point!

2. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    :)

3. Fireball_Dan

Fireball_Dan New Member

Jul 10, 2001
    Palos Park, IL
    This is one of our best wins of the year! We did a good job of keeping our composure while Ruiz (who should have been sent off for elbowing Curtin) and Serna (who also should have been sent off) were diving all over the place. At the start of the year, the team everybody was measuring up against was LA. Now, Albright is quoted as saying that the Fire are that team. Let's hope we can keep the momentum and get three more points against Dallas.

By the way, I think we control the tiebreaker on San Jose for the Supporter's Shield since we got a win and two draws on them this year.

4. GoHawks4

GoHawks4 Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Terrific. The view from up here is great.

5. SparkeyG

SparkeyG Member

Feb 25, 2002
    Mokena, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMHO, the best line from the commentary of last night's game:

Ruiz goes down more often than a nuclear submarine. --Jack Edwards

6. TravisMinor_23

TravisMinor_23 New Member

Oct 16, 2001
    United States
    After the game on WBIG......
    "My Carlos Ruiz bobblehead is rolling around on the ground and I hardly even touched it, I don't understand".....

7. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Only saw the last 20 minutes!

But we looked tough especially the Defense at the end when LA was desperate for a goal. Nate Jaqua's late goal was delicious!

Good crowd and nice stadium....about 23,800!

Ruiz goes down more often than a nuclear submarine. --Jack Edwards

Finally, somebody calls a diver when they see it.

8. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Re: Only saw the last 20 minutes!

9. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Man, yeah, Ruiz definently should have been sent off for popping Jimmy but man, he should have also been booked for his near constant complaining. After flopping around on the ground for awhile he'd ALWAYS get up and bitch and moan to the ref. Dissent? And another thing, post MLS Allstar match he was being interviewed with an interpreter which led me to believe he did not speak english. Does he yell at the refs in Spanish?

I really REALLY think he's about the most overrated player in the MLS. For every spectacular goal he makes he seems to shank/botch at least 5 easy ones. Add to that his record amount of offsides calls (39) and having commited the most fouls of any forward (a lot) and I tend to think he's a hack.

Nate Jaqua though -- A+

10. dabes2

dabes2 Member

Jun 1, 2003
    Chicago
    Re: Only saw the last 20 minutes!

Edwards said something like "building a Firehouse is in Peter Wilt's plans." Perhaps 2 days before the proposals are due is the best time for optimism.

11. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell yea! I have to say, I was a little frusterated watching the first half especially when I left to head to the next bar. That whole walk I was hoping...nay...praying that they were televising the game. However they weren't. But you should have seen the looks on the faces of some of the people at Halligans when I saw the result on the ESPN ticker. Lets just say I was slightly vocal.

Pretty sure Sarachan is just a little shorter.

12. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Aimer?

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Just from what I can remember:

Occaisions when Ruiz should have been booked:
    -Shoulder/elbow on Curtin
    -Push from behind on Boca
    -Persistent infringement/diving
    -Persistent dissent/whingeing
    -Intentional hand ball (unless he blew the whistle before, but it didn't look like it).

That's two red cards, minimum. But he gets nothing! I know it's pointless to bitch now, but really...he could have got at least one card, eh ref?

Maybe when he lookes like his complaining he's actually sucking up to the ref, and that's why they let him get away with it. I did notice, however, that for the last 15 minutes or so, the ref completely ingnored him... :)

14. Section 8 has to do something with this. The Tool Gals come to Nappyville two more times.

15. CUS

CUS New Member

Apr 20, 2000
    And will someone PLEASE tell Kenny Stern to let go of DaMarcus' 'handball' at Cardinal a few weeks ago. There was NO handball because he was call for infringement first.

And lastly, was what they said about what Tyrone Marsall true? Suposedly, Tyrone told Damani to play for the US National Team because he'll have a better chance of playing.

16. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    I've asked Chris Bergin at ussocceruk.com to look into it.

17. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    translation:
    It was really a 1-0 game except all of our diving made the 4th official award 5 min of stoppage and Nate Jaqua made us look like the silly bitches that we are.

18. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Bethany, I'll send it to you if you want.
    PM me your address.
    I heard you met my brother, too!

19. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already have the tape in the mailer for bethany.

20. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078
    that's not what doran said

doran stated that tyrone said (damn that sounds bad) that the opportunities and treatment that come with being a us national teamer are better than if you play for the jamaicans... we are run much, much better and it can benefit damani's life and career that much more

21. boots15

boots15 New Member

Sep 19, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Great! I'm glad I checked first.

22. Hattrix

Hattrix Member

Sep 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Who said this? It sounds almost as inane as something Ty would say.

I like this line of thought, though. Like the blowout we suffered at NE. It was really a one-one game, except for the Rev's other four goals.

23. theburden

theburden Member

Jul 11, 2002
    MDSC head brewer
    Oh I forgot to mention it was Sigi Schmidt.

24. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

And Serna should've been sent off for his elbow to Carlos' jaw. If you watch the replay, he looks back before sticking that arm up.

25. When did you learn to read Californian?

By the way, we're giving far too little credit to the Mason family homebrew.Without it, we wouldn't have been as drunk and noisy. And being drunk and loud is absolutely key in a situation like Saturday night, as I'm sure everyone knows. Mad props Andrew.