LA - Chicago During/Post Match [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 352gialloblu, Sep 13, 2003.

1. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Great build-up by Gray...well done. Then he goes and picks up a yellow, go figure

2. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    so i ruiz not getting penalized for dissent because he can't speak english?

(assuming this because at the allstar game he spoke through an interpreter)

3. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Moreno has come in for Serna.

Hehe, Ruiz just got fouled and didn't get a call...

Razov needs a right foot.

Now Jimmy slams Ruiz, and gets the call. But he got plenty of ball first...hmmm...

Corner to the wankers.

Shots this half: 7 to 0

Ochoa in for Elliot. Sigi has to play offense now. Poor Sigi. :p

Scramble on the corner, but they blast over. We want this really bad--you can see it in the way we're playing...great stuff!

DMB gives it away deep, but Gray clears. Mapp on teh break but chooses to shoot when he should have just held onto the ball.

Ruiz dives again.

Thornton has the ball. Keep hold of that thing, boys!

Marsch and Armas are playing great in the middle, especially since they are outnumbered.

Lalas is making forward runs and wins a free kick.

4. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's amazing that the Galacterrhoid fans can't understand why everyone else hates that greaseball Ruiz's ugly ass. They think it's because we think he's so damned good and we're jealous. Tonight ought to be a good demonstration of his true mettle.
    Sorry to see you guys got Ali Sahileh for a ref.
    But, you're beating the Scum. Keep it up.

5. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, keep it ups guys.

Tyrone Marshall is in for Lalas.

Ruiz is hurt...awwwww...nobody cares!

Ralph, Razov and DMB held the ball up-field for awhile until Razov lost it twice when he didn't need to.

Now he dives again and grabs the ball--but still no yellow!

Pause on for Mapp.

We are controlling the ball again. But then we foul...

Bolanos is here, but he just got off a plane, basically. He looks happy to be on the bench (not suited up).

It's chippy, but we look like we can hold. There'll be a lot of stoppage time if the first half is anything to go by...

Whitfield dribbles out of our crowded box!! :eek:

Beasley on a long 2-on-1 break, but Razov is off when he passes. Damn.

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Stoppage Time: 5 mins

Corner for the Scum.

Jaqua for Ralph. He looks tired.

7. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeeeeaaaahhh!!!

8. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    GOOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

9. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    GGGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAAALLLL!

JAAAAQUAAAAAAA!!!

On the break, Armas brings it upfield, slips it across, it's tackled to Jaqua, Razov is passive offside, Jaqua buries it!

TAKE THAT YOU STUPID LITTLE FISH!

GAME OVER!!!!! 2-0 FIRE!

We now have the best winning percentage in MLS history. And what a way to get it.

And we spoiled LA's almost-as-good-as-ours home record!

Are we in first overall yet? Yes! (On goal difference.)

Bring on Dallas! Ha!

10. Full time FIRE 2 - Galactotools 0. I couldn't watch during the last 15 minutes, but a great effort by whoever slid to win the ball to Jaqua and a cool finish to the near post by the youngster. It would have been nice to have Bolaños around as he probably would be able to hold posession better. Still, a great win that likely seals the top seed through the playoffs.

11. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The MLSnet boxscore credits only Armas with the assist, but that slide was the key...Marsch or Pause maybe? Glorious stuff...

The Galaxy had nothing down our right, where Whitfield kept Albright fairly quiet (though he did have trouble with Lalas, for some reason), but I'm surprised Cobi did so well against Gray and DMB. They have to work out their cooperation a bit more. Marsch and Armas were great in the middle, but they had to cover too much ground and the area in front of Curtin and Boca was somewhere the Galaxy could find an open man. If Curtin or Boca stepped up they had to foul or risk getting caught out. Anyway, a great win, though I'm not sure 4-4-2 is the answer. But then, I never will be. ;)

Who's the best?

12. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    I thought Curtin did well to keep Ruiz in check.
    Armas always seemed to be in the right place at the right time. I hate to say this (since he's one of my favortie players), but I think Razov lost the ball too easily on a few occasions. He did have a great assist, though. All in all, I think the team did well.

Ralph, Ralph
    he's our man
    if he can't do it
    Jaqua can

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!

Scoot over San Jose! We have arrived!!!

:D

13. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    MLSnet.com: DaMarcus Beasley slipped the ball to Chris Armas near midfield, who slid forward to redirect the ball to a waiting Jaqua. Trailing Galaxy defenders, Jaqua drove down the length of the field, ripping a shot past Hartman from the top of the box for the 2-0 scoreline.

I think Armas made the run down the left, and passed the ball across just above midfield. Somebody else slid in to redirect it into Jaqua's path, and then he stormed into the box and fired home. He ran the whole length of the field, but only got the ball past the half-line. It was glorious.

I want the Shield! And then the Cup.

14. feuerfex

feuerfex Member

Apr 21, 2001
    That would be Jesse.

15. jjayg

jjayg New Member

May 9, 2002
    Rolling Ghettos, IL
    up on the metro's 9 - points
    points compared to SJ - even
    beating the flopping cheapshoting fish in his own little pond - Priceless.

16. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    I couldn't agree with you more. Ruiz does have some great skills, but he relies far too heavily on cheap shots and cheap dives. It really detracts from his skills.

After he got the elbow in on Curtain, I honesty felt that someone on the Fire should just take a red and break Ruiz's nose.

17. GoFireGo

GoFireGo New Member

Apr 25, 2002
    Chicago
    This may have been the most satisfying win this year.

The treble is on!!

18. WHOLMAN2

WHOLMAN2 New Member

Dec 4, 2000
    Lahs Angeleez
    Just got back from the HDC after watching the best team in MLS put a whoopin' on my LA GaLAxy. The Fire are certainly on their way. I was impressed with the cohesiveness of the team.

The midfield work by the Fire was a nice thing to watch.
    The goal by Ralph was world class: he created space for himself, and shot with his left foot, near post.

And among the almost 25K attendance, I saw ample support for the Fire, like a few thousand. Well done, Chicago.
    But don't start thinking treble yet, boys and girls. We'll see you in a couple of weeks. :D

19. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Oh yes...there were quite a few Fire fans. I couldn't realaly go anywhere without seeing some type of Fire red.

I'm so tired! That was a fun game to attend. Okay, sleep time. Will tell more later!

20. Bethany

Bethany New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    Oh and before I forget...is anybody willing to send me a tape of that game? :)

21. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was no way to treat a nice host in their own home!! :(

22. FairWeatherFan

Sep 9, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Let me just say that a bunch of power-minute, home-brewing, Johnny-Cash-loving hooligans raised hell and rained footsteps on the ceiling of two lower floor gentlemen after both goals. Yes, we sang, we cheered, we went to the beach.

This game was incredibly satisfying. Bad calls, bad fish, a Curtin yellow card... everything seemed designed to piss us off, and yet we pull out a 2 goal victory. Awesome stuff! Go Lake Michigan!

23. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    If you want to watch it at least once, try Yahoo Platinum. You can get a 2-week free trial, so you could watch the game for the next two weeks, at least, as many times as you want. ;)

Are you calling Carlos Ruiz et. al. nice hosts? They got what they deserved...

24. Wolves1935

Wolves1935 New Member

Jan 28, 2002
    Prospect Heights
    Great goals, great win. A few things that could hurt us down the road if we don't learn to do them right.

1) Can we teach Razov the offside rule? I can remember atleast 3 occasions this season where we've been on a 2-1 breakaway where Razov ends up offside. STAY BEHIND THE BALL!

2) Passing, way too many weak passes or stray passes. You can't give the ball away so many times and hope to not pay for it.

Otherwise, GREAT win. Jack Edwards was right, Armas was every where we needed him to be. I'm amazed that this game ended 11 on 11. Will MLS officials EVER figure Ruiz out?

25. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great win, nice goals but I still can't wait for Bolanos to get in there.