LA - Chicago During/Post Match [R]

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 352gialloblu, Sep 13, 2003.

1. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Game started. Lineups:
    Chicago Fire (4-4-2) -- Thornton; Whitfield, Curtin, Bocanegra, Gray; Mapp, Armas, Marsch, Beasley, Ralph, Razov.

Subs: C.J. Brown, Jaqua, Pause, Ring, Williams.

Los Angeles Galaxy (3-5-2) -- Hartman; Califf, Hong, Lalas; Jones, Cienfuegos, Elliott, Vagenas, Albright; Serna, Ruiz.

Subs: Broome, Gonzalez, Lewis, Marshall, Martinez, Moreno, Ochoa, Popik, Torres.

Stadium looks nice. I've never seen it.

So, I'm not sure 4 at the back with Whitfield and Gray is better than 3 with C. J...but apparently he's hurting a bit.

Ruiz is offside again, but we gotta watch him. It was close...

Now he got behind us again on a Cobi cross, but couldn't connect well. KILL HIM!

12th - DMB blazing run stopped by bad turf (apparently DMB was here earlier this week, too--Dave Mathews Band...)

2. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    hey kenn easy with the linda rhonstadt references.

"2003! 2003!"

3. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Amen! I'm not normally a violent person, but I really dislike that belly floppin' fish.

Did "oscar meyer" not make the trip with the Fire?
    (Balones, sp?)

GO FIRE!!!!

4. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    15th minute - They should have scored. We were run through, and they had all sorts of people across the six. Thankfully, they all missed...ugh...

Ruiz just shoulder/elbowed Jimmy Curtin off the ball. No card. Wanker.

Apparently no Bolanos tonight.

We look crap on the left of defence. Well, the right, too. But I can see where we'd want 4 back on these breaks...so where were they?

5. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    What's up with fish face trying to take Jim out?!

6. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know what he was thinking. He said "sorry" but it's not like it could be an accident.

20th - [] Serna just got a Yellow for decent.

We have to play more counter-attacking with Beas and Mapp's speed available. Mapp's off on a run now now...terrible cross/shot/thing... Isn't he left-footed anyway?

Serna's being a little biatch.

We have to stop them in the middle, but 4 across is too sparse with so much room. Forwards must track or we gotta push somebody up into midfield...

Ruiz is offside again.

Coach Dave says our shape is "good." It may be good, but I don't think it's the right shape.

26th - Three players around Ruiz and we foul him, long free kick straight to Zach.

Ruiz hip-checks Armas: foul.

Damani was just playing right-back, and Armas was inside him. Where's Whitfield? We were lying much too deep there!

7. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Nothing that Ruiz does is an accident. He's such a loser.

Now he's trying to take out Armas.

KILL HIM!!!!!

8. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    29th - [] Yellow for Boca for flying into Ruiz. Of course, Ruiz hasn't been booked yet, for some reason. C'mon, guys, pick it up!

Ruiz is fouling and harrasing the ref about it. And the LA fans wonder why the rest of the league hates them and their stupid little fish...

9. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Bocanegra gets a card. Serna is a loser too! Him and Ruiz need acting lessons.

We can't afford to lose Bocanegra.

10. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Now Califf tries to kill DMB. The ball was nowhere near there, and his leg was nowhere near the ball! What the hell is that? The announcers say he backed off, but he clearly stuck he leg out or left it in too long. It's a card, mate...

Armas gets booked for a foul on Cobi. He was pissed because Cobi received a throw-in for when Beas was off the field. And rightly, too.

It's tense stuff right now...

11. pething101

pething101 Member

Jul 31, 2001
    Smyrna, Ga
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Things are getting out of hand.

Armas with a yellow; did Cobi get a yellow?

12. Hard Karl

Hard Karl New Member

Sep 3, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    Pure shite... nice shoutout to gingers though.

Zach needs to find a way to destroy Ruiz and get away with it.... not unlike Ruiz did to Jimmy.

13. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    How did Armas get a card and Ruiz didn't for the same challenge?

That's *@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#*@#e!!

14. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Nope. It was a clear foul, but Cobi deserved to get kicked for trying that stuff on us.

Ralph in the corner...Curtin near the 18?!?!? Nothin'

Good counter by us. Win a free kick, but nothin' yet... we still have the ball, though, and that's what we need! Marsch's 35-yarder goes high and wide. But we need a goal to sit on, boys, go get it!

Razov offside a couple times...

Nice overlap by Whitfield from Ralph and we win a corner. Nothin'

Armas catches Ruiz, who had beat Curtin...

RAZOV beats the trap and shoots straight at Hartman who had come out well. AAAAGH! Great chance for something...

Ruiz breaking again, but Mapp catches him! Yay!

15. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Did Razov shoot that straight at Hartman?

Never mind. Qusetion already answered.

16. Regardless of the result, we lose no points to our closest pursuers. Three points tonight & we have a major leg up on locking down home field to the final & we draw even with SJ for the Supporter's Shield. The other 4 teams in the division play each other to death the last 6 weeks & will share a lot of points.

BTW, halftime no score.

17. mactheknife

mactheknife New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    this game...

is makin me thirsty

18. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Well, he had no angle anyway, but still...

HALFTIME: 0-0 after 45+5 mins. (5!)
    That's fine with me. We are looking sparse in the middle and up-top, and shaky at the back, but we have had our chances, too. Mapp and DMB seem a bit lost when we are defending, but their speed is the key...

19. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Carlos Ruiz is a fu**in pu**y. I hope a locker falls on him at halftime, fu**in b*st**d, does it seem to any one else that La is playin defensive, why they doin this at home?

20. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    GO FIRE!!!

Have I mentioned that I really dislike Ruiz?

21. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Because they are a bunch of useless wankers who rely on our friend Ruiz to rescue them from 0-0 draws.

The teams are out! DMB has cleat-marks in his knee. Califf should have been sent off, according to our DaMarcus. That makes at least two of them...

50th - [] Yellow for Vagenas for yet another foul from behind. We waste the restart.

We do pass well in tight situations, and we are looking a lot better so far. Keep it up boys. Ralph and Razov just had chances in the box (well, Ante shot from outside, but...).

Ralph just stepped around Hong, but pulled his shot wide. He could have got closer...

Boca's down again...Serna's elbow...but he ran into it a bit...but then again on the replay, Serna saw him coming...

Boca just got ball and robbed Serna--almost a pen, but he won that...it's getting ugly again!

Beasley almost found Ralph! If we can just hold the ball, they'll sit back and let us probe until we find something...

22. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll!!!!!

23. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    GOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

:D

24. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    GGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant overlap from Gray, beats Albright, pulls back, crosses to Razov who heads it down into the path of Ralph, who slams it home. GO FIRE GO!

Okay, ref, what the bloody hell was that! 2! You hold up 2 fingers! That's like 57 times he's fouled!!!!! Ruiz just pushed Boca in the back, blatently and completely unnecessarily, but still no card!!!! UNBELIEVABLE.

Oh, I see, but you can book Gray, you wanker.

Free kick near the left corner of our eighteen. 63rd minute. Gjreoahfhewohgfnbv!

25. ianfan

ianfan New Member

Feb 17, 2003
    OKC
    Ralph, Ralph
    He's our man
    If he can't do it
    No one can

Cheer with me, guys!!!

:cool:

(I know, I'm a freak. I just couldn't help myself.)