La Barra Brava & Screaming Eagles

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by 1MADDOG, Sep 1, 2002.

1. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    You guys ROCKED Saturday night!

I could clearly hear your chants in my section (120). Great job!

2. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    It rocked like the old days last night. Even after we fell behind, the Nest/Barra didn't let up at all, whereas in other times we would've. A few new songs got sung (though it was too crazy to get "Viva Villegas" going after his goal).

Dave

3. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Thanks DOG, I still haven't got my voice back. I think the boys are gonna need us all the rest of the way. It was great meeting Luis from La Norte after the game. That's one big drum. :)

4. RMDad

RMDad New Member

Nov 15, 2001
    Fredericksburg, Va.
    Indeed, a well done to all the supporter groups!
    I could hear yall up in the club section by the director's box!
    Mark

5. Begbie

Begbie New Member

Mar 10, 2001
    La Barra Brava
    Good unified chanting at the game. Now we need everyone to jump too. Vamos United! All we can do as fans is give the team all we have for the final home games. Hopefully we can still sneak into the playoffs. United can handle any MLS team at RFK.

6. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There were many conscious attempts at coordination. Thanks to Begbie and to Lanky and Paul S in the Nest (probably many others as well, but these were the guys that I think really helped coordinate the songs) there were only moments of chant conflict at the game. The drummers also were very conscious of not drowning out songs and chants.

So this successful effort can be traced to the discussion on BS and on the SE List about coordination and walking in together. While we weren't too successful at marching in together, and while some SEs weren't jumping very often, let's focus on the good and keep working to make it better.

GM

7. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a criticism, but one other observation to maybe make us better:

We are over-singing one Dale song. I know there are at least three arrangements of the dale song:

1. Dale, dale, dale, daleo
    Dale, dale, dale, daleo
    Daleeeeeeee
    Daleeeeooooo .....

2. Daleooooo, daleoooooo
    Dale United daleooo
    Daleooooo, daleoooooo
    Dale United daleooo ....

3. Da - le - ooooo
    Daleoooo -- OH -- OH
    Dale, dale, dale, dale, dale, dale, daleoooooo ....

So let's try to sing #2 and #3 more often. Number 1 was getting to be a bit monotonous on Saturday, IMO (and for the past two or so games).

Jay and other songsters, write these on your hands so you can help us sing the different versions instead of singing #1 into the ground. I'm gonna write them on my left hand. :)

BTW, the OH UNITED! song was awesome!!

GM

8. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The sad (yet cool) part was that the clubs werent even at top strength numbers wise. We can do even better! --The coordinating will take a little time, but it will work. The OOOO United (Ode to the World Cup) song is a great example of this. We tried it several games with lukewarm results, NOW its practically a standard... --If its nice and simple it will almost always work.

p.s. apologies to the SE and Norte for the mess up with the "march in" --If we move it to a slightly later start say 7:10 or so I can guarantee better results. 6:45 is just too early. I mentioned moving the keg and people were ready to string me up from the nearest tree at 6:45 :)

10. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Sorry mesage was lost on the lst attempt. I agree with you Tom. Just remember some of us drink a lot and hve no musical talent. In addition the more reptitive stuff is the more people catch on. I will make aan effort for my part.

11. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    While I certainly don't hold McOwen and Chico responsible, I was a little disappointed that this didn't happen when it seemed so simple. The SEs closed up early and a fair amount of our folks stood around and waited til about 7-7:10 and finally gave up and went in on their own. For this to work we need ALL folks to be on board and stick to the time (as I thought the point was to get in early and get the place going). If people need more booze maybe they should starting tailgating earlier

Anyway, we can try again at the next home game but I can't assure SE numbers as some may feel it was a waste of their time.

K