L1: vs. Montpellier (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Sep 19, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Discuss. :)
    Game is live for those of you that have Setanta Sports, in the US (3 PM EST start). :cool:

2. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brilliant goal from Mamad there. Wow.

(not bad on Lucho's goal either, of course. good to see him get his first.)

3. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I predicted a 4-1 score. I was oh so close.

4. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Could have been ugly were it not for M'pellier's poor finishing the 1st 1/2 hour. Lucho def. brings something "extra" to the midfield: I would like to see him on the field with HBA at the same time. Perhaps something like this: Cisse (deep DM); Cheyrou (LCM), Lucho (RCM); Ben Arfa (LW, with freedom to roam about) and Brandao/Niang interchanging between the RW and CF pos. as they usually do.

Someone else said it the other day and I fullu agree: Cheyrou deserves a shot with the NT.

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Dechamps hinted at the possibility of Brandao and Morientes playing together.

6. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    This could have been really different if Montpellier had been able to take advantage of any one of those chances in the first 25 minutes or so. Thought they really controlled the game well until the goals came. :eek:

Well played to Marseille, however, great finishing and some lovely combinations too. Niang's goal was really good.

7. BenZ76.O.L

BenZ76.O.L New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Good to see Lucho start playing well for Marseille. Niang's goal was brilliant, great dribbling skills. I think we will see a better Marseille in a few weeks once new players will have settle down.

8. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    2games in a row where Ben Arfa hasnt started. I thought he had to play a big role in order for this team to be good but looks like its not the case. Cisse has started 2 games in a row and I thought he was brought in to be primarily a sub.

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Agreed and unlike most people here I actually rate Cisse. :D