L1: vs. Monaco (R)

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by MetroChile, Oct 3, 2009.

1. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Hopefully, the boys bounce back stronger than ever after 2 straight losses (@ V'ciennes and @ R. Madrid). The defense needs to tighten up and Lucho needs to pick up his game.
    The game will be shown live for those of us in the 'States, via Setanta Sports. :cool:

2. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I always look forward to this match. I really think Ben Arfa or Valbuena should start to try to shake things up a bit.

3. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    What team do you like from France, SportBoy? :)

4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    we lost again losing momentum at this stage isn't good. its what killed us last season. either Om needs more time to get used to their new formation or ligue 1 is looking more competative

5. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    once again lucho gonzalez very very pale (although he definitely had company this time).

the take didi deschamps has had on him all the while though is puzzling. here's what he said yesterday (my translation):

"I don't think he's out of shape. he's been alternately good and less good. but with the talent he has, he's going to inevitably get better. he needs to be in a team that plays well to be good. He's a player who depends on the movement of his teammates and the relationship he has with them. you have to give him time."

so now it's his teammates fault that he's stunk... errr, excuse me, that he's alternately been "less good" so far this season... i'm sure niang, cheyrou and m'bia appreciate that!

what is deschamps, his agent or something? anybody want to postulate on what eric gerets would be saying in the same situation?

6. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm a Monaco fan but a L1 fan first and foremost and I enjoy talking about all the teams.

7. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    He's defending his record signing so he doesn't seem like a fool for spending so much money on him. I would tend to agree with Didi on top of it. I'm not gonna really judge this guy this after the winter break. If he still sucks then, big waste of money.

8. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I just watched the extended highlights of this match and it looked like Ben Arfa was involved in every dangerous oppertunity OM had in the second half. Can someone who watched it rate his performance?

9. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    he sent in niang for the goal iirc. he had one of his HBA™ incursions along the endline: three defenders in the dust and no solution at the end. other than that i don't really remember anything.

10. AfrcnHrbMan

AfrcnHrbMan Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Philly
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha love the trademark symbol. He seemed to put some very dangerous balls into the box from the right side. I don't remember if they were from corners or freekicks.

11. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    He shouldnt have to defend the Lucho signing. Everyone agrees it was a great signing. The French media are just looking to cause trouble. He needs more time to adapt to a new country, language, culture and style of play.