L1 2ème Journée: l'OM v AJ Auxerre [R]

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by prvev, Aug 17, 2008.

1. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That attack is just scary. Ben Arfa, Kone, Niang, Cisse, Ziani, Grandin, and at times even Zenden are all dangerous players.

Second place (to Grenoble) after this result, by the way.

2. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucks. The second half was great. I'll post some highlights if I can find a good set later.

3. lefutur

lefutur Member+

Sep 2, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY US
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    as an OL fan, all I have to say is....i'm worried :eek:

4. zizouForlife

zizouForlife Member

Jun 3, 2008
    didn't see the game, but the result are excellent. if their attacking continue like this, the title will be ours. they need to work on their defense

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    When will Djibril get a start ? If he dont start the next match them Im worried about him staying.

6. prvev

prvev New Member

Jun 4, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd guess he'll start sometime in the next string of games: away to Le Havre, home to Brann, home to Sochaux, all within 8 days of each other.

I think Gerets started the lineup he did against Auxerre because he knew they'd bunker, and the guys he put out were all good technical players. Cisse's ability to get behind the defense wouldn't be as useful. I did think he should have been brought on earlier than he was against Brann, after the goal Brann were attacking more and it was pretty clear that things weren't really working for Niang in that game.

I will say that Ziani really impressed in this game against Auxerre, and he earned himself some more playing time in the future. And that gives Gerets a ridiculous number of options.

7. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Yes Ive always been a huge Ziani fan and didnt think they should sell him because I knew he would contribute mightily this year. Even though Zenden scored I read that he's complaining about playing time and that really bothered me because at 32 there's no way he can become a full time starter on a team of this caliber unless there are a lot of injuries. If he'd rather play for some average Dutch team then he's an idiot.