L. Fdo Suarez News and comments (r)

Discussion in 'Ecuador' started by loraz, May 22, 2006.

1. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Awesome post!! I don't think I could have said it better myself...all great points!!

Ecuador flourished, yes, but Chile and Colombia took a serious dive in form as well. Peru has been in poor shape for quite some time now.

These teams did not go to WC 2002 or 2006 because they lost a game in Quito. They didn't make it because they were inconsistent in their qualification matches before playing in Quito as well as after.

During this time, Ecuador simply grew The altitude of Quito was their extra pinch of confidence added to the rest of ingredients that brought them success.

Chile and Colombia have finally regained their form, and with Venezuela no longer being the push-over she was, the race is getting tighter because these teams are closer in quality again.

2. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    Very good point Manolo,I bet more than half if our ecua doggs didn't know this.I also remember Drascovic utilizing Ivan Hurtado and Maximo Tenorio has central backs,while in Emelec they played volante de marcar tambien.Many people don't know this but Ivan Hurtado started his career como volante libero osea un numero 5.Luis Capurro aunque no era zurda jugaba left full back muy bien.Nice reminisce Manolo.:cool:

3. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Sheeit! I was thinking that!!!

We need a coach that has that kind of eye to zero in on what players are most talented at.

So are all of you ok with Vizuete?

4. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    GUUS HIDDINK

5. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I am ok with Vizuete now1;)

6. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I need more than just a 5-1 win against a Peruvian B-team (their A team is nothing special to begin with). I want to see consistency. I want to see smart call-ups, good in game tactics and an inteligent use of subs. It will take a few games to see what his coaching style is. I am still open about everything.

I had a strong feeling Ecuador was going to win. That and statistics.

For sure, I definetely cannot give 100% credit to Vizuete.

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    The consenus I think is that Vizuete needs a trial period should he decide to accept the job...because he's still coach of the sub-20...if in some friendlies he can show he can string together a winning team with a good attitude and show positive results then he should be given the position as coach...nobody can jump the gun and give him carte blanche just because we beat Peru today, we need to see a few more wins...

8. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    Say what?

It was Vizuete! Give him that. However, the consistency factor has to play here and that I agree 100%.

Let's see how we do next game.

9. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Loraz even vizuete said he did absolutely nothing he just called up a few players and that's it. If you really think about it , what coach turns around a team in 3 days? The players obviously wanted suarez out and played poorly as a way to get him to leave and when he did well you see the results. Ecuador needs to hire a 5 star coach who will bring them back from that position in the table. Vizuete should keep doing what he was doing before suarez left and be an asistant coach and technico de las inferiores so he can learn the ropes and when he has matured enough let him take the nT.

This just in I heard on ecuavisa that vizuete will stay as head coach until march 2008 as kind of a test to see if he stays.

10. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    C'mon now, Loraz...I can't do that. Though I disagree that the players were purposely playing bad to get rid of Suarez but there is a whole mental factor played in here. The whole idea of change was refreshing to everyone.

Ecuador is not a bad team by any means, yet they had little or no confidence in their former coach. But it's not like Vizueta just came in, told them what they wanted to hear and "voila" - VICTORY!! No sir. I think a heavy weight was finally lifted from the players with Suarez gone and so las night they just went out and did their thing.

I would give Vizuete as much credit for the victory as I would to the Peruvian coach for calling up such a poor Peruvian side!!

But most of it goes to the players that finally played their hearts out!!!

12. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    all I know is Vizuete took an Ecuadorian squad to the Pan-Am games and brought home the Gold which is more than I can say about any coach in Ecuadorian NT soccer history...

Great coaches motivate and inspire teams to win championships.
    I'll take my chances on Vizuete...:cool:

13. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I will too, 100%...but I won't follow anyone blindly either.

14. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    It is really amazing what happened, and I don't think it is all because of Vizueta but there was definitely a lack of motivation under Suarez that perhaps the players were not wanting to air publicly due to the fact that assuming Suarez continued they would not be selected. De La Cruz didn't care and even came out with it since he's got enough $$ and his best years are behind him.

A fresh start, a poor Peru team, and a couple of small but key strategic moves by Vizueta were the factors behind the game. One of the pre-match conferences Vizueta emphasized marking with "aggression", something that Ecuador had lacked against Paraguay. Also having experienced leaders like Kaviedes up front and Hurtado in back was a big influence. I think starting Ordon~ez against Paraguay was Suarez putting the final nail in his own coffin -WTF was he thinking?

A lot of work is still needed. Our right fullback was a bit shaky, although I think Ambrossi was excellent on the left. Mendez needs support and more players coming to him when he has the ball - overall the off-the-ball running was still lacking. Also even though Benitez - Kaviedes was deadly yesterday I'm not convinced that is our winning formula. But who knows, with Kaviedes in form maybe he will finally live up to all the promise he had when he started his career and become our new El Tin.

15. BigSoccer Bot

BigSoccer Bot I am not real.

Feb 25, 2005
    News: Suárez habló ante la prensa ecuatoriana

El ex-técnico de la Tricolor el colombiano Luis Fernando Suárez brindó una rueda de prensa ésta mañana en Quito, explicando ciertos detalles respecto a su salida del combinado nacional.
    Suárez hizo incapié en que el bajón anímico y futbolístico de la selección se vino tras la eliminación en primera ronda en la última Copa Amériva de Venezuela, expresó que desde ahí hubo menos apoyo y poco a poco se perdió la confianza.

More...

16. viagoal

viagoal Member

Jan 5, 2005
    I'm gonna miss him.....:(

NOT!....:p

17. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    http://www.eluniverso.com/2007/11/24/0001/15/9EB19ADAD0DF4C539D35C4015056DD80.aspx

Suárez se despidió

QUITO. Luis Fernando Suárez no pudo controlar su emoción y lloró ayer, en su despedida oficial.

Noviembre 24, 2007

Martha Murga | QUITO

La Tri debía jugar amistosos que el DT no deseaba y citaba futbolistas para que FEF no sea multada.

Tardó 40 minutos. Pero luego de agradecer a todos los que lo apoyaron desde que asumió como DT de la Tri, con voz quebrada por el llanto que no pudo reprimir, Luis Fernando Suárez, ex técnico de Ecuador, reveló ayer detalles sobre su salida de la Selección.

Reconoció que el ambiente comenzó a descomponerse luego del Mundial 2006 y que no renunció después del fracaso de la Copa América (en julio pasado) porque pensó que “los rumores” se aclararían y resolverían con un diálogo directo y frontal con los futbolistas.

En el intento, Suárez fracasó y con un “soy el culpable de todo lo que pasó”, no ocultó aspectos de casos puntuales como los premios, la capitanía y su relación con Ulises de la Cruz y Agustín Delgado.

También aclaró que como técnico estuvo sujeto a cumplir amistosos pactados por los dueños de los derechos de transmisión de la Tri (la empresa argentina Full Play) y la Federación Ecuatoriana de Fútbol, por compromisos económicos.

Sobre la “presión de los amistosos” Suárez develó las obligaciones: “Para jugar en España ante Perú (en junio pasado), Christian Benítez no fue (se exigía a los mundialistas) y multaron a la FEF con 25.000 euros ($ 32.500). Le dije: ‘No quiero que juegues, solo que hagas acto de presencia para no perder los 25.000 euros’”.

“Segundo Castillo fue lesionado; yo le pedí el favor de que nos acompañara y también le dije: ‘No vas a jugar’. Le di permiso para que vaya de compras, a pasear, con tal de que esté en la lista de suplentes para que no nos multen más y él aceptó”, declaró el estratega en la rueda de prensa en AFNA.

Suárez explicó que esas multas las ponen los propietarios de los derechos de TV, porque “es un contrato que firma la FEF y hay que cumplir”, y justificó que “la Federación tiene que vivir de algo. Aunque hubo determinados partidos que no había que aceptar, por ejemplo el de Colombia antes de la Copa América 2007 (en Venezuela), pero ese fue un buen dinero que le entraba a la FEF”.

El tema de la capitanía también tuvo una aclaración: “Me senté con Iván (Hurtado) y le dije que quería arroparlo (protegerlo porque se decía que él no representaba bien a sus compañeros en el arreglo de premios) y mi forma de hacerlo era rotando la capitanía”.

“Le dije: ‘Quiero que no solo seas tú el capitán’. Su respuesta fue: ‘Estoy en desacuerdo con usted. Quiero seguir siendo el capitán’. Tomé la decisión, no tenía que pedirle permiso. Pero lo hice por protegerlo, no por sacarlo, o porque estaba viejo... Él es mi amigo y está en Nacional de Medellín, porque lo recomendé para que mi equipo quedara campeón”, anotó.

En el caso de De la Cruz, dijo que por un principio de disciplina ya no lo llamó porque el zaguero tomó la “decisión unilateral de no representar al país (en un amistoso contra Bolivia, en agosto pasado) y eso no debe ser así. Él, como un referente, no debía ser disculpado, al contrario, debe poner el ejemplo”.

Y del Tin Delgado, al que le pidió que vuelva a la Tri, dijo: “Se dice que no lo apoyé en la sanción (de un año por la trifulca entre Liga y Barcelona, en diciembre del 2006). Yo no impuse la pena. Y soy infidente: hice algo para que se le rebajara a seis meses (el castigo)”.

“Lo llamé tres veces y no me contestó. Luego fui a buscarlo y le dije que quería que vuelva; él me dijo: ‘Déjeme pensar. No estoy bien totalmente’. A los tres días volvimos a hablar, y me dijo: ‘Físicamente creo que no le puedo responder este año’”.

El estratega comentó que se tomará un periodo indefinido de vacaciones, para olvidarse “un poco del fútbol”.

Luis Fernando Suárez
    EX DT DE LA SELECCIÓN
    “La Federación (FEF) tiene que vivir de algo. Aunque hubo determinados partidos que no había que aceptar”.

“De ninguna manera (el triunfo 5-1 de la Tri ante Perú) lo veo como una traición. Se vio un equipo más suelto, más libre, jugó muy bien”.

18. Manolo

Manolo Moderator
    Staff Member

May 14, 1997
    Queens, NY
    Really interesting article - shows how the money is flowing in and turning the team into a bunch of mercenaries. There are clearly a lot of complex factors at play here, if anything it shows that we now need a coach that understands how to deal with egos and money and other "off the field" issues.

19. \^the king^/

\^the king^/ Member

Jul 4, 2007
    wherevr da action @
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Well at least there aren't any players fighting each other. Money issues and egos are things every team deals with so this isn't going to be to hard to fix.

20. yoryi

yoryi Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Boogie Down BRONX!
    I don't know if you guys recall ,but I also stated once that,I had a feeling el gordo corupto de Chiriboga had something to do with the NT call ups.Don't know if Suarez is trying to save his image ,but I really do think Chiriboga had some sh!t to do with this,after all didn't one of his goons Luna got in some sh!t por coyotero,por ser padrinos de "maletas viajeras"
    Could this be one of the reasons Jose Luis Valencia Murillo has never gotten a chance to prove himself en la selec,or all the other ballers that are playing abroad,that never played in Ecua's big clubes,such as Liga,Nacional,Barcelona,and Emelec????Oh talvez el regionalismo que siempre hay en nuestro pais???

21. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    its all of the above in my opinion, I've hated Chiriboga for a long time and I think its time to have a true patriota assume the position because Chiriboga's is inept and usually does not have the best interests of the seleccion in mind, he's just in it for the paycheck...I'll take over!!

22. loraz

loraz New Member

May 12, 2005
    I don't doubt it for a second but still, Suarez (IMO) did not fight hard enough to make his point go through. Is he a pushover, or is he a leader. current events tells all.

I must say how bad I feel for him. He did love the team and in his own way, he did what he could, He did his best. It just did not cut it.

good luck Suarez in you path to enlightenment.

23. Guayaquileño

Guayaquileño Member

Dec 3, 2006
    New York City
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Suarez although messed up big time toward the ends of his career as coach of the Ecua NT really did love the team and the country, but he was costing us big time.. and it was his time to go.. He said it himself that his resignation was for the better of Ecuador and that without him they would start winning. He was right. Although it was apparent that he had to leave, and many of fans got what they asked for, we should still be grateful that he brought us to a second world cup.

It was noble of him to accept the fact that his resignation was for the good of team and also to make known that he did not feel betrayed. Him crying was not a sign of weakness but that he actually loved the team and Ecuador and will miss the guys and place... Good Luck with whatever he decides to do in the future.

24. colombo

colombo Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Tanta huevonada y ya dizque contrataron otra vez al Bolillo que sale de Guatemala para Guate...Ecuador

No es que no querian saber nada mas de colombianos? quien los entiende a uds...