L.A. teams w/ job openings in Klinsmann's front yard

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by Honore de Ballsac, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    He fits the profile. Too damaged?

I'd LOVE to see him coach in MLS. And take an L.A. team down in flames.

2. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He will never work in this town again.

3. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    After the comments he made about MLS, i doubt the league will ever hire him as a MLS coach.

The Franchise and UCFWayne repped this.
  4. EvilTree

EvilTree Member+

Canadian S.C
    Canada
    Nov 20, 2007
    Frozen Swampland, Soviet Canuckistan
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    You know what they say. There's a sucker born every minute.

Though more likely Klinsy will find a job in Middle East or China

5. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Oh but that's what's going to make it so sweet!

6. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Nah. SoCal is his comfort zone.

ElJefe, cleansheetbsc and Mattbro repped this.
  7. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hiring Jurgen would be a fantastic way to start off the LAFC rivalry, tell ya what. But they'd also be terrible, so there's that.

Marko72, The Franchise and Eric B repped this.
  8. holiday

holiday Member+

Oct 16, 2007
    yeah, i don't see him taking the expansion job. and i definitely don't see the galaxy hiring him. so scratch the thought.

9. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ian Joy, former player and current BeIN Sports announcer (going off memory since I can't access Twitter at work) reported that his German/Turkish sources say Klinsman is being considered for the Galatasaray job.

sitruc repped this.
  10. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me chime in and add my voice to the good-riddance chorus.

I've been a soccer fan my whole life - and I'm old enough to remember when going to the World Cup was a dream and not an expectation. As of about a year and a half ago, I went from watching a game a day to not watching soccer in any form, ever. Not even one game.

It wasn't a calculated protest...I simply lost my passion for the sport. When you're not even sure you want your favorite team to win anymore - since winning might prolong the misery - it dampens everything. Basically ruined the sport for me.

I spent my time on other things - I can tell you 40 times for NFL practice squad bozos like chapter and verse, or read a playbook like it's Dr. Seuss - but something was missing. I'll be coming back to the game now, and I'm ********ing happy about it.

This might seem a bit dramatic, but it's simply one dude's story. For decades: Watched every game I could get my hands on. For the last year and a half: Had no interest whatsoever in watching soccer. Today: Suddenly want to watch soccer again.

Let me quote Benny Feilhaber as best I can: :D

11. tab5g

tab5g Member+

May 17, 2002
    #11 tab5g, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    Doubt he can take his helicopter there. I look for him to get involved with the Cosmos.

Although, Miami one day may be interested and a good fit.

Whomever is willing to also sign a young USA GK is where Jurgen is headed, would be my guess.

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  12. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Qatar or UAE should be right in his "comfort zone."
    Hot, sunny, dry, dreadful and filled with rich Arabs in fancy cars, that could be either the Middle East or SoCal equally.

Marko72 repped this.
  13. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    He just sold his house. Does that change things?

14. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Hmmmmm. He was fired yesterday and has already sold his house? Hmmmmm.

SOBtilIdie and JasonMa repped this.
  15. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    Testify Nidal. How thrilled are you for Camp Cupcake all over again?

Sounds like we have similar histories. Have shed blood, sweat and tears over the program for decades, volunteered, beat the drum, you name it. Planned my wedding around USA at a World Cup.

But by 2014... I was late and in no hurry to the live broadcast of USA /Germany at the freaking World Cup - and I really didn't care. Relationship Status: Unthinkable.

SO... I turn to my Quakes. Huh, yeah. Not so much.

Then truly important things became unavoidable - the Presidential election and Senate races, the earth itself at an historical crossroads, the gravity of our situation commanded our attention.

Suddenly the thought of Baggio Husidic (Baggio Husidic? WTF??) wearing a different practice pinnie at the Staples Center is thrilling to me, all over again. Who doesn't need soccer again? Who doesn't need their team back?

MPNumber9 repped this.
  16. Eric B

Eric B Member

Feb 21, 2000
    the LBC
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the USMNT fans in SoCal who have hated the Galaxy in general that will be a significant part of their fanbase would probably love to have him. It makes them even less-Galaxy...

17. Honore de Ballsac

Oct 28, 2005
    France.
    But I would be thrilled to see the Music Man, the nekkid Emperor, Jurgen Conmann selling his all-sizzle steaks for the Galaxy (Or LAFC.) It would be awesome.

Oh, Bruce* and the Nats are training at Staples for two weeks? Awkwaaarrd!

(w/ Landon as an assistant)

18. Beau Dure

Beau Dure Member+

May 31, 2000
    Vienna, VA
    It was actually for sale for months.

I don't know if that means he was just planning to move to another SoCal house or what. I did see a Galatasaray rumor yesterday, but I haven't seen it substantiated.

19. Len

Len Member+

Club: Dallas Tornado
    Jan 18, 1999
    Everywhere and Nowhere.....I'm the wind, baby.
    Oh. Still, the timing is priceless.

20. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league doesn't hire coaches. Teams do.

Boloni86 repped this.
  21. Nidal Baba Superstar

Sep 20, 2006
    Far away
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let me chime in and add my voice to the good-riddance chorus.

I've been a soccer fan my whole life - and I'm old enough to remember when going to the World Cup was a dream and not an expectation. As of about a year and a half ago, I went from watching a game a day to not watching soccer in any form, ever. Not even one game.

It wasn't a calculated protest...I simply lost my passion for the sport. When you're not even sure you want your favorite team to win anymore - since winning might prolong the misery - it dampens everything. Basically ruined the sport for me.

I spent my time on other things - I can tell you 40 times for NFL practice squad bozos like chapter and verse, or read a playbook like it's Dr. Seuss - but something was missing. I'll be coming back to the game now, and I'm ********ing happy about it.

This might seem a bit dramatic, but it's simply one dude's story. For decades: Watched every game I could get my hands on. For the last year and a half: Had no interest whatsoever in watching soccer. Today: Suddenly want to watch soccer again.

Let me quote Benny Feilhaber as best I can: :D
    EXACTLY my experience - didn't even read soccer news. It's been interesting, spending so many years in the US soccer echo chamber and then just leaving it entirely for a while. I've been reading up on Christian Pulisic - I didn't even know who he was! Certainly a nice surprise...

TheLostUniversity repped this.
  22. gstommylee

gstommylee Member+

Oct 3, 2008
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    And who majority own the teams? The league. If the league doesn't want a certain person as a head coach for one of their teams, its not going to happen.

23. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh dear.

cleansheetbsc and jayd8888 repped this.
  24. GalaxyKoa

GalaxyKoa Member+

Jul 18, 2007
    North County
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All player contracts are owned by the league, but all non-playing personnel for each club are contracted to the individual entity that operates the franchise.

From Fraser vs MLS:

Specifically, the operator/investors hire, at their own expense and discretion, local staff (including the general managers and coaches of their respective teams), and are responsible for local office expenses, local promotional costs for home games, and one-half the stadium rent (the same portion as MLS).

Boloni86 repped this.
  25. mbar

mbar Member+

Apr 30, 1999
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Galaxy hiring Klinsman is about the only thing I can think of that would have me consider being an LAFC fan. I've had Galaxy season tickets for 12 years. That's how much I hate Klinsman.

That said, I'd love to see him try to coach in this league. Would be amusing.