Kyle Parks at CD Trofense (Portugal)

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad Academy' started by Eighteen Alpha, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Eighteen Alpha

Eighteen Alpha Member+

Aug 17, 2016
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Four year Harvard GK and older brother to Keaton has signed with SC Freamunde according to this short piece:

https://www.imediato.pt/destaque/irmao-keaton-parks-assina-pelo-sc-freamunde/

From his Harvard Profile:

parks.jpg

Career Highs – through end of 2017:
    Saves – 11 (2x, Dartmouth, 10/28/2017)
    GA – 0 (6x, last at Dartmouth, 10/29/2016)

Senior (2017):
    Started 14 of 16 games in net for the Crimson, recording a 1.69 goals-against average with a 2-8-4 record, and 83 saves... Named to the Ivy League honor roll twice (Sept. 4 and Oct. 30)... Recorded a career single-game high 11 saves twice, in a 1-1 tie against No. 21 New Hampshire (Oct. 3), and 1-0 loss against No. 19/20 Dartmouth (Oct. 28)...

Junior (2016):
    Started all 15 games for the Crimson, boasting a 10-3-2 record and a 1.22 goals-against average… Notched an Ivy League Player of the Week award (Oct. 17) after tallying three shutouts in a row… Lead the Ancient Eight in wins (10) and placed second in shutouts (6)… Earned Ivy League Honor Roll honors for the week of Sept. 12.

Sophomore (2015):
    Did not appear.

Freshman (2014):
    Did not see playing time as a freshman.

Before Harvard:
    Played soccer for four years and football for three years at Frisco Liberty, captaining the soccer team as a senior … Member of the FC Dallas (MLS) youth academy … Earned first-team all-district honors in football and soccer as a junior and first team all-state as a senior … Also named football special teams MVP and district goalie MVP as a senior … Helped soccer team to district championships in 2013 and 2014 and were area champions and regional finalists in 2014 … Most consecutive shutouts and most career shutouts in school history … Team was ranked 11th nationally and first in the state of Texas … National Merit semifinalist and AP Scholar … academic all-state in soccer and football

http://www.gocrimson.com/sports/msoc/2017-18/bios/parks_kyle_eu6b

2. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Do we know if it is 1st Squad or U19 yet? never mind - duh! Older Brother

3. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Bald Yank GK! Cap him now.

4. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Kyle was the backup keeper for SC Freamunde on Sunday, as they fall 0 - 1 at home to Aliança F.C.Gandra in Campeonato de Portugal (Group B)

Good to see Kyle in the squad....his chance will come

soccersubjectively and Winoman repped this.
  5. Gorky

Gorky Member+

Jul 28, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What the hell league is that??

soccersubjectively repped this.
  6. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    3rd Tier / has 5 Groups of 16 teams

soccersubjectively and Winoman repped this.
  7. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    Kyle was the backup keeper for SC Freamunde, as they draw 1 - 1 at
    Cesarense in Campeonato de Portugal (Group B)

Winoman repped this.
  8. DC_Dave

DC_Dave Member+

DC United
    United States
    May 16, 2017
    <SUNDAY> Kyle was the backup keeper for SC Freamunde, as they draw 2 - 2 at Felgueiras in Campeonato de Portugal (Group B)

Winoman repped this.
  9. zlatan_but_a_car

Botswana Meat Commission FC
    United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Oh, here's the Kyle Parks thread! I assumed it was in YA, not the academy.

Anyway, I'll just copy and paste what I said in Keaton's thread:

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...-de-keaton-parks-e-reforco-para-a-baliza.html

Kyle has signed with another 3rd division team, CD Trofenese. His contract lasts until June 2019, and has an option for another year. Soccerway shows that
    SC Freamunde was last headed towards the relegation play-offs, but I don't know how they fared there... safe assumption (edit: since Kyle didn't resign) is that they got relegated to the 4th division. Kyle made 1 appearance there: a 4-2 loss.

TheFalseNine repped this.
  10. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thread title updated. @zlatan_but_a_car, I'm going to go ahead and delete your post in Keaton's thread, if that's okay.

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  11. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Yup, makes sense. Thanks for taking care of that!

TheFalseNine repped this.
  12. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    As far as I can tell, Kyle has not played for Trofense yet. He is in their team picture (hint: it's the blonde one), but hasn't been listed on a squad list yet. The team seems to be rotating between two keepers. The good news is that Trofense is off to a good start: they're currently 3rd in their group after 5 games played.

13. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Kyle got his first start about a month ago! He was put in goal to play against Gil Vicente, who were relegated from the 2nd division at the end of last season. Kyle's first game of the 18/19 season did not go well... they lost 4-1. I'm not much of a goal keeper evaluator, but it looks like his match was a bit of a mixed bag: some good stops and parrys on a pretty wet day, but it looks like he could have done better on the 2nd and 3rd goals:

If you really want to get deep into it, someone posted the full first half (I think all 4 goals were conceded in the 2nd half):

Also, that YouTube channel looks like it's run by either a member of the Pelaez or Parks family, as it includes highlights from all the Pelaez/Parks kids.

14. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good find!

Fourth goal is the only real mistake for me, with him batting the ball back in to the opposition.

Hard to evaluate a goalkeeper in their first game, especially one so wet and muddy. He did look pretty slow with his movement in general but we'll see how he rebounds from the loss.

zlatan_but_a_car repped this.
  15. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    Kyle Parks may no longer be a Yank abroad:

Arman Kafai I think went to school with Keaton and was one of the first to confirm the "Keaton to NYCFC" story.

16. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017
    I only just now put this together, but North Texas SC is FC Dallas' USL affiliate. If he signs there, it'll be a solid move from the Portuguese 4th division. If he doesn't sign there... well, he's a white male with a degree from Harvard and a brother in pro sports, I'm sure he'll land on his feet.

17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    zlatan_but_a_car and Winoman repped this.
  18. zlatan_but_a_car

United States
    Oct 16, 2017