Kwon Chang-hoon @ Dijon FCO 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Better French food in Dijon than German food.

jessypjs, killaorca and Marco91 repped this.
  2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Italian and French food are one the best foods in the world. German is one of the worst.

aeh1991, skimmilk and jessypjs repped this.
  3. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    In any case, it makes sense. Dijon are gong through uncertain times at the moment, and they need to be ready for relegation should that happen, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's getting paid in line with the Ligue 2 salary at the moment.

jessypjs repped this.
  4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I guess his contract will be extended (with bigger wage) next season, if Dijon manage to survive.

5. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Indeed, that's a possibility.

6. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    He has skills tho. I wonder why he wasnt selected for u-20 world cup? Maybe the reason why more japanese players are good enough for europe is because they emphasize more technical aspects while koreans are still biased towards size and speed

7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Exactly, not to mention he's still young. I can give 100 examples of small players who made a good spell in Europe, despite not being physically strong.

8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He's too old to be in the team.

9. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Has there been any offers for LJS lately? He needs to leave for greater things.

10. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    #135 batumchange2, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    which of these 'technical' japanese players are exactly succeeding in europe?

and why even bother bring up japanese players when koreans have examples of their own. which korean players are enjoying success in europe? ki sungyong koo jachul ji dongwon son heungmin to name a jew. what is the difference between these players and hwang inbeom? about 6 inches.

its also not just about length. theres also the width speed strength and overall athleticism. none of which hwang inbeom possesses. what happened to park chuyoung in europe after he lost his athleticism? what happened to lee chungyong after he lost his speed? technique will always be essential but physical ability is the difference maker between players

hanul21 repped this.
  11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #136 takeuchi, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    not that I think Hwang IB is good enough for EU (definitely not atm) but most Japanese players in EU (with as much success as Ki SY or whatever) are shorter .. at least officially on "paper" compared to Hwang IB. i think only 3 or 4 might be taller but majority are shorter compared to Hwang IBs official height of 177cm (this includes Shinji Okazaki).

edit - personal opinion, doubt any of the names mentioned are good enough (some are just garbage imo) for EU except for Han CH. he needs to have a good U20 WC & transfer soon after or he too will be stuck in Asia.

edit #2- actually, Kim JM of Gwangju is excellent talent & I think he moves to EU as soon as he turn 18 like Hwang HC. he went on trials after last U17 WC...

not sure it will be wise move if he joins a youth/reserve squad but yea, doubt he plays a single game for Gwangju in Kleague.

12. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hwang IB has the technique but his physical attributes is poor. One swipe at his leg and he will fall to his knees.

13. Jitevra

Jitevra Member+

Apr 15, 2010
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    There's a player named Kim Gunu that was once linked with Real Madrid. I follow him on instagram to see what he is up to but I think he got a trial with FC Liefering by the look of his instagram stories/posts. He'll turn 18 this Feb so who knows, maybe he'll be another player heading to Europe.

When it comes to his actual skills, I don't know how good he is and I haven't seen him play.

jessypjs repped this.
  15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Their next games are:

Losc lille (H), Lorient (A), PSG (H), Metz (A), Caen (H), OL (A) Nantes (A). If Dijon can manage to get at least from 9 to 11 points, they will be in a good position. Otherwise, it will be very difficult for them.

16. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

Ahn's old club, Metz, are sitting at the bottom of the table. Lorient and Caen aren't in a good position either so 9 points are definitely do-able.

17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yes...wins vs Lille, Lorient and Caen are a must. Then hope to steal some point away from Nantes and Metz.

18. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    From what I've heard Dijon has good players and they have been playing below their mean...

19. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    It seems like that. Even vs Montpellier they could have won the match, but they were unlucky.

Also, many key players were out injured. One is Balmont who just made his return vs Montpellier.

20. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Lol, what are you on about? Did you even watch the match? Montpellier absolutely dominated Dijon for the whole match and Dijon only had a couple of chances, and their only goal came from a goalkeeper mistake. They were lucky to just come away with a draw.

It was one of their better games, but they still sucked so hard.

21. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Dijon could have easily scored the 0-2.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    And they could have easily conceded about 6. They sucked so hard, and were let off by wasteful Montpellier.

Just look at the match stats to start with. You seem to have a really weird way of watching a match.

Montpellier: 54% possession, 24 shots (7 on target), 14 corners
    Dijon: 46% possession, 6 shots (1 on target), 5 corners

Dijon had a couple of chances in the whole match, and Montpellier had more than a dozen.

23. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I don't...yes Montpellier dominated but it's rather meaningless if you can't score goals...and at the moment Montpellier couldn't find the equalizing goal, Dijon have few opportunities wasted as well to make it 2-0 (dominated or not). Dijon wasn't clinical enough i guess.

Anyway they are a team fighting to avoid relegation, so can't expect much from them.

24. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    So what's your point? You said they were unlucky not to win the match. Dijon's first goal was lucky, and Montpellier were unlucky not to score from the myriad of chances they had... Dijon escaped with a draw here.

25. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    see man ticks