Kwon Chang-hoon @ Dijon FCO 2017-2018 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by Chingoo, Jan 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I feel really bad for him now...

2. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Clearly he isn't there for the money. He wants to improve himself as a footballer. Nothing but respect for him.

3. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    " Il a fait des efforts financiers, il gagnait plus en Corée" = He earned more money in Korea.

4. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I think they meant...he rejected big offers from...you know where...to play in Europe, with a way less wage.

5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    That's a BS.

6. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I don't know if that's BS or not. But, you know, Dijon isn't that rich.

7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Not even for 100.000 €? Lol.

8. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
  9. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Some more from KCH press conference

Says himself he likes playmaker role
    Talked to [KPA] pals about transition and how it would be hard and that he'd have to get used to eating French food all the time. [I suspect will be easier for him than those in Germany say]
    Also proud to be first Korean [footballer] in france [I assume he means of his generation because certainly PCY's time can't have been that long ago?]
    Describes his personality as volcanic

http://www.bienpublic.com/sport-local/2017/01/19/kwon-chang-hoon-est-arrive-a-dijon

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Did he talk about his wage being absolutely low?

11. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    he probably did... or could have earned more if he extended w/ Suwon. for ex, if Kim SW were to transfer to EU now to your typical low tier clubs in Ligue 1 or Bundesliga, he will have to take a massive (at least 50% imo) paycut from what he is earning w/ Jeonbuk atm (unless the club is crazy enough to make him one of their highest earners at the club on top of the transfer fee required).

i seriously doubt Kwon CH was on 30k. last i checked, Kleague had 3 tier system for rookie contract & the upper tier (highest) contract are for 5 yrs for somewhere around 100k+. mid & low tier were around 15k to 30k but the length of the contract were shorter (1-3 yr).

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    then Steve Han said a BS. Anyway i think his wage it's around 100.000 € now.

killaorca repped this.
  13. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    no.

killaorca repped this.
  14. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    actually, 3 tier system started in 2016 it seems. it breaks down to S (5 yr.. basic wage 30k + 150k signing bonus), A (3-5 yr contract, basic wage 20-30k), B contract (1 yr, 20k)...

before it, top lvl "rookie" contracts were for 5 yrs for basic wage of somewhere around 30K + signing bonus of 150k. non "top lvl rookie" contracts were 3-5 yr for 20 to 30k.

edit - so.. it was probably a case of.. if he extended w/ Suwon, he probably could have earned more.

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Or if he would have accepted the offer from ME.

16. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    that would have been massive wage increase.

anyways, this is half ass transparency from Kleague.

http://www.kleague.com/KOR_2016/media/news_read.asp?intSeq=17648&bType=

Suwon were 4th in avg yearly wage paid to individual players (around 200k). an extension w/ Suwon would have meant probably above 200k+ in yearly wage for Kwon.

Marco91 repped this.
  17. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #117 jessypjs, Jan 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    No. Il gagnait = he used to earn.
    He could have earned = il aurait pu gagner.
    That's completely different.
    Maybe that's wrong and he will earn way more than before. Once again, I just translated this article, so it's Dijon FC who said that, not me. I am not Kwon's agent, so I really don't know if this is true or wrong.
    edit : maybe this is a mistake made by Dijon. Or maybe Kwon's translator didn't translate that part properly. Perhaps he used to earn way more than 30k in Suwon...

But Who cares ? Dijon is not a rich club at all, I think he doesn't earn really more than before in Suwon

zdrstvte repped this.
  18. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    #118 takeuchi, Jan 19, 2017

yea, we don't really know .. especially considering the lack of transparency in Kleague. Kwon could have been on his basic rookie contract, could have restructured (not sure if this happens in Kleague tbh), or he was on his 2nd contract that was shorter (while making more than basic rookie contract).

either way, i don't doubt the wage Kwon CH will be on w/ Dijon will be low.

zdrstvte and jessypjs repped this.
  19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    maybe his agent inflated his salary to negotiate or was referring to his potential extension as fact. and so from Dijon's perspective, he gave up salary present-tense, while for KCH it may be more subjunctive or outright imaginary.

20. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #120 jessypjs, Jan 19, 2017
    Okay let's go.

Sum up about what Sebastian Larcier said : Kwon is a skillful and technical player. He is able to find players in small spaces, he has really good passing ability and he is a creative player. If we work well on physical aspect he must succeed here. Moreover, he is left footed, it is pretty rare to find left footed player. So Dijon took this opportunity.

Olivier Dall'Oglio : Basically same things than S. Larcier. + he is at ease with the ball. He has to adapt well firstly. Then it will be easier for him to show what he can do on a football pitch. They will integrate him in the team step by step, working on physical aspect then on tactical aspect.

Olivier Delcourt is happy KCH signed with Dijon. He thinks Kwon is really mature for his age. The fact there is a korean communnity in Dijon will make his adaptation easier. Moreover, Dijon coach's is someone who take his time and patient and this will be helpful for Kwon.
    O. Delcourt likes korean mindset, he thinks korean never give up and believes they are hard workers and brave too. Those values are good for the team.
    And finally : Kwon did financial efforts to come to the club, he used to earn more money in Korea than in Dijon. He doesn't come here for the money, but to discover a new championship and succeed in Europe. That is much to his credit. (Chang-Hoon a fait des efforts financiers pour venir à Dijon. Il gagnait plus d’argent en Corée qu’à Dijon. Il ne vient pas pour l’argent, mais pour découvrir le championnat de France et faire son trou en Europe. C’est tout à son honneur. »)

edit : sorry for the grammar mistakes, I can't speak english very well.

Marco91 repped this.
  21. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Maybe but it could have discouraged Dijon to negociate, if his salary was high.
    I don't think so, Dijon President said "Kwon used to earn", so it does not refer to a possibility/potentiality.

22. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    In this interview, Kwon said he will eat all the time french food to survive :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D

Marco91 repped this.
  23. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Mainly bread. Like a true (son of a) baker.

skimmilk and jessypjs repped this.
  24. jessypjs

jessypjs Member+

May 3, 2010
    Club:
    AS Monaco FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Haha yeah Baguette. I think he chose the right league for him. If he would have gone to Italy, he could have eaten Bruschetta, right ? ;)

25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Yes, or Focaccia. If he does well in France, he can def do well everywhere in Europe (except the EPL maybe).

jessypjs repped this.